6 bottles of wine?

LB_NJ

1 minute ago, Mura said:

People new to the line often call themselves newbies when asking questions of those of us who have been around longer.

The term is not a perjorative.

Well, thanks for making my case!  Please see post #29.

1 minute ago, Mura said:

No, I did NOT make your case.

I have seen enough posts by the "regulars" to know some of you do not view it that way, but many do.  Please review posts that have "newbie" in them.  You will see what I am talking about.

1 hour ago, pauon said:

A safety hazard ?  What is wrong with some of you? 

The next time you are on an Oceania ship and have an unfinished bottle of wine at a dining venue (either supplied by you with payment of the corkage fee or purchased from Oceania), tell the wine steward that you want to take that unfinished open bottle back to your cabin (or to one of the ship's bars or other public spaces). That wine steward will ask you where you want the open bottle to be delivered and arrange for its transport. You will not be allowed to personally carry that open glass container anywhere. 

"In your cabin" and "in a public space" are vastly different things. Once that wine steward touches your bottle (supplied or purchased), s/he (and Oceania) become responsible/liable for its proper and safe handling in any location outside of your cabin.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

2 minutes ago, pauon said:

It is really simple; you stand up and leave with it.    No policy that prevents you from doing that.  Security won’t be called and you won’t be harassed or arrested.

Currently onboard and, when this thread started growing, I queried two different Maitre d's about this issue at dinner this evening. The policy/practice is exactly as I stated it.

Please tell us on which Oceania ship, itinerary and dining venue you actually walked away with an open bottle of wine.

2 hours ago, pauon said:

It is your vacation, your wine, your money, your corkage fee, and there is NOTHING in Oceania policy or rules that say you can’t take it to the dining room.  Enjoy it where and when you want.  

FYI  pauon is sailing on Marina this month B2B.  Also on Insignia June 19 B2B.

9 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Currently onboard and, when this thread started growing, I queried two different Maitre d's about this issue at dinner this evening. The policy/practice is exactly as I stated it.

Please tell us on which Oceania ship, itinerary and dining venue you actually walked away with an open bottle of wine.

You have missed my point entirely.   I would never leave a table with an open bottle of wine.   Please go back and read all my comments about yourselves.  You will clearly see what I am saying.  More importantly, you are on a cruise, reading CC, and asking employees hypothetical questions regarding someone you don't know?  Hmm....

8 minutes ago, pauon said:

You have missed my point entirely.   I would never leave a table with an open bottle of wine.   Please go back and read all my comments about yourselves.  You will clearly see what I am saying.  More importantly, you are on a cruise, reading CC, and asking employees hypothetical questions regarding someone you don't know?  Hmm....

Your post #82 (in response to the very specific example in #81):

"It is really simple; you stand up and leave with it.    No policy that prevents you from doing that.  Security won’t be called and you won’t be harassed or arrested."

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

8 hours ago, KatieBelle said:

This was a great social experiment.  The 6-7 I initially referred to came like "moths to a flame".  I look forward to seeing some of you at the Meet and Greet.  

Just now, Flatbush Flyer said:

Your post #82:

"It is really simple; you stand up and leave with it.    No policy that prevents you from doing that.  Security won’t be called and you won’t be harassed or arrested."

Please follow the directions before responding.  Enjoy your cruise.  Counting the days for mine.

8 hours ago, KatieBelle said:

Looking forward to the "Meet and Greet".    Off to golf with fellow cruisers.  We laugh about this cruise lines Board;  they call it the "Mean Girls Forum" because of the 6 or 7 addicted bloggers.   Like moths to flame.  This has been an interesting Social Experiment.

I think this is getting a little extreme here. 

Are some of you trying to say I shouldn't get a drink at Waves bar and then walk to the other end and sit in the shade? Because some of the reasoning here is basically the same. 

It's truly not the big deal onboard that some here tend to make it out to be. If you believe what you read here you would think there are drink monitors all around the ship making sure you're not drinking from a glass from your room. I drink soda out of them all the time, and heaven forbid, I also walk around the ship with them. 

Good Grief, let's have a little common sense here. 

8 minutes ago, ORV said:

Are some of you trying to say I shouldn't get a drink at Waves bar and then walk to the other end and sit in the shade? Because some of the reasoning here is basically the same. 

It's truly not the big deal onboard that some here tend to make it out to be. If you believe what you read here you would think there are drink monitors all around the ship making sure you're not drinking from a glass from your room. I drink soda out of them all the time, and heaven forbid, I also walk around the ship with them. 

Good Grief, let's have a little common sense here. 

+++++  Agree ORV, glad THIS comment came from someone with more experience than I have had on this board; it won't be a criminal act if someone walks with an open bottle of wine, corked well so doesn't spill, to restaurant and pays corkage (if needed), 

Just now, ORV said:

I think  you understand  completely

it is not about getting your drink at a bar  & taking it elsewhere

JMO

Just now, pauon said:

This was a great social experiment.  The 6-7 I initially referred to came like "moths to a flame".  I look forward to seeing some of you at the Meet and Greet.  

Glad you were happy with your  experiment

I hope to avoid you  at the  M & G 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I think  you understand  completely

it is not about getting your drink at a bar  & taking it elsewhere

JMO

Yes, you are correct, but some of the comparisons/reasoning are getting a bit silly.

• Like 1