final cruise vacation summary

Nachosdelux

I am sailing on the Riviera in 2 days.

The FAQ on Oceania's web site say you need a "final cruise vacation summary" to board, and it will be e-mailed 21 days prior to sailing.

I have not received this.  Is it really needed?

thanks!

Did you get a Blue Book? Have you looked in your spam folder? Did you use a Travel Agent? 

Depending on where you're embarking you might need something showing you have a ticket. I've most often just shown up and present Passport and credit card, but I've always got the other documents, it's just no one asked for them. 

I have the blue book.  I called OCeania and they said my travel agent should have sent it to me.  I sent an e-mail to my agent so hopefully will get them tomorrow.  the Oceania agent said it would be ok if I did not get them, however.

52 minutes ago, Nachosdelux said:

I have the blue book.  I called OCeania and they said my travel agent should have sent it to me.  I sent an e-mail to my agent so hopefully will get them tomorrow.  the Oceania agent said it would be ok if I did not get them, however.

We have cruised Oceania often, but also cruise so many other lines that I forgot exactly what Oceania needs. I have my blue book, but called Oceania yesterday to make sure I do not need to print out some sort of boarding pass in addition when we sail later this week.  I was assured by the Oceania agent I spoke with that is that all one needs is a passport to check in and board. However, I do recall that depending on the port...sometimes the guard at the gate asks to see some sort of invoice or documentation that you have a reservation on a cruise ship. I assume any sort of invoice showing date of travel and ship should suffice.

22 minutes ago, edgee said:

However, I do recall that depending on the port...sometimes the guard at the gate asks to see some sort of invoice or documentation that you have a reservation on a cruise ship. I assume any sort of invoice showing date of travel and ship should suffice.

Exactly. Oceania will not need anything more from you for check in other than your passport and your credit card - they have all the info they need in the their computer.

You may or may not have to show something to a port agent before entering the port in SOME ports. For that purpose I would print out your document you received from Oceania or your TA in an email indicating your name and that you are a passenger on this cruise (usually just one page) - no need to reveal any financial info.

Edited by Paulchili

IME

At Miami  they ask for  the Blue book or proof that you are on that sailing before allowing you in the building

I usually take  the Final cruise  summary  or you could  take  pages 2 & 4  from the blue book  unless you want to keep the blue book intact

You could  take  your final invoice  I am sure  that would work as proof

On 3/4/2019 at 10:14 PM, LHT28 said:

IME

At Miami  they ask for  the Blue book or proof that you are on that sailing before allowing you in the building

I usually take  the Final cruise  summary  or you could  take  pages 2 & 4  from the blue book  unless you want to keep the blue book intact

You could  take  your final invoice  I am sure  that would work as proof

Exactly. Just boarded Riviera in Miami yesterday. Only request for paperwork showing cruise had been booked was by a security person at the door of Terminal J who also asked for passports. Some folks said they did not have paperwork and that Oceania did not require it. She looked at their passports and waived them through to carry on bag screening. Of course when we reached the check in desk all that was requested were passports and credit card to cover on board charges.