Slow dancing opportunities on celebrity cruises???

Newbie2006

Just wondering if there are any events offered on Celebrity cruises that might offer slow dancing.

My fiance and I took a Royal Caribbean cruise a few years ago and they only had fast dance-club music (we kept waiting for maybe a slow dance until the end, and nothing).

I assume they'll have a newlyweds and anniversary party, which we'll be invited to (our wedding is 2 days before our cruise), and from VHS and DVD videos of previous cruises it looks like they'll offer some slow dancing.

Just wanted to know if any events are to be highlighted on our cruise itinerary if we want to do some slow dancing on our honeymoon.

Thanks,

Newbie2006

I Am sure there will opportunity rather it be naturally or made.

If after a few songs, rather that be band or DJ, a quick request would help you achieve that slow dance, for sure.

Maybe not the song(s) you desire, but a slow dance song regardless....

bon voyage

What ship will you be on?

In our experience of several classes of Celebrity ships, there is live music each evening in a space near the dining room, and occasional DJ music later, in a different space.  It includes lots of different tempos for different types of dancing.

• Like 1

2006 was 13 years ago.  Things have changed quite a bit since then.

You should find some example daily programs from the itinerary you're going to take so you get a better idea of what goes on.

Just off Reflection.Many evenings at about 7:15 there was recorded music for dancing in the Sky lounge. Since Celebrity ships offer several different types of live music in different venues every evening, you should be able to find a place to slow dance. Many people enjoy dancing in the atrium either slow or fast, depending on the music being played at the time. 

2 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

What ship will you be on?

In our experience of several classes of Celebrity ships, there is live music each evening in a space near the dining room, and occasional DJ music later, in a different space.  It includes lots of different tempos for different types of dancing.

We are going on Summit (M class) on March 25th.

There are no slow dance parties on any of the Celebrity ship I have been on.  There will be a slow song mixed in the usual ones in the Atrium.  Check out the nature of the entertainment and go where they are playing.  In the S-class ships, the slower music is usually in the Ensemble Lounge but no dance floor there.  But you are welcome to dance.   

The OP will be on the Summit.   What about the Rendezvous Lounge?  It's been years nearly six years since our only M-class sailing, but there was definitely slow dancing in that Lounge then.    What about now?

OP: congratulations on your marriage, and enjoy your cruise!

Edited by Turtles06