Maiden cruise of MSC Bellissima

little britain

2 hours ago, Beamafar said:

LB ... is there an English pub onboard (like Brass Anchor on Meraviglia) and if so, do they serve food?  If they do, is there a charge?

Yes there is, called Master of the Seas.

And yes they do serve food, friends had fish and chips there and said it was good. Sorry didn’t get a snap of the menu/prices

Thanks, LB.  Did your friends have to pay?

We had the fish n' chips in the Brass Anchor;  it wasn't as good as what's offered when it's on the lunch menu in the MDR despite the fact (which was hyped) that the food was cooked fresh right next door in Kaito.

We had also had problems trying to find out whether it was included for us as YC guests.  Eventually we were told that it was;  then it appeared on our account.  We queried it with the concierge who eventually removed it as she said that we'd joined the ship at the tail end of the inaugural but that it had been for charge since the ship began it's season from Genoa (we'd boarded a couple of days earlier, in Barcelona).  It was only later that it dawned on me that she'd listed items that we hadn't even had (which we were being charged for).

Edited by Beamafar

4 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Thanks, LB.  Did your friends have to pay?

We had the fish n' chips in the Brass Anchor;  it wasn't as good as what's offered when it's on the lunch menu in the MDR despite the fact (which was hyped) that the food was cooked fresh right next door in Kaito.

We had also had problems trying to find out whether it was included for us as YC guests.  Eventually we were told that it was;  then it appeared on our account.  We queried it with the concierge who eventually removed it as she said that we'd joined the ship at the tail end of the inaugural but that it had been for charge since the ship began it's season from Genoa (we'd boarded a couple of days earlier, in Barcelona).  It was only later that it dawned on me that she'd listed items that we hadn't even had (which we were being charged for).

That's a shame - would be a nice YC perk - and if it applied to the sports bar on other ships. I was reading the other day the food is free in the sports bar on Divina but not the other ships.

9 minutes ago, little britain said:

I wasn’t in YC. 

Don't ask how I got the photos 😉 lol

Fish and chips €4

Burger €4

Hotdog €2,50

Not outrageous - and surely not just a buffet burger plopped on a plate!?

On 3/11/2019 at 6:31 PM, little britain said:

Hi, the Premium package covers pretty much all your drinking needs ( and is responsible for my “head” this morning!!!!

The Solarium is a great area, no fee and some comfy seating ( this ship has the most uncomfortable furniture I have ever seen!)

4282579D-C6E3-4F1E-9621-D431E96FB3F2.jpegThank you so much for the info & pics. Had a laugh re: your comment about the uncomfortable furniture as we have commented that the furniture looks uncomfortable as is often the case with 'trendy' furniture - designers forget that it needs to be comfortable not just 'pretty.' I think we will be packing a cushion & back support cushion. Ain't old age grand?

Edited by rosaree
added word

Hi Lesley from Barcelona !

I will just add my two cents after getting off the Bellissima Maiden Cruise. This was our 6th MSC cruise and 5th MSC ship.

Those guests who got off in Lisbon did have a Black card party , it was held on the morning day before disembarkation in the Sky lounge.  We had friends who were sitting there reading in the corner away from the bar and weren’t asked to leave but got the drink service. They were not on any package so appreciated that, 😆

The sunloungers around the ship are a new style and now have 3 adjustment heights as well as flat. Thank goodness for that. Hate the loungers on all the other ships.

The food in the MDR I think was the best so far though our waiter kept on getting the orders wrong. Our next door table mates had their starters one night and Wilfried served a repeat order to them after the first lot had been eaten. The last night was a fiasco with wrong meals being served. We had an issue being served our Easy package wine in the MDR and were charged for it on two evenings to add insult to injury.

I am still of the same opinion about Meraviglia class , night time venues too small though the ship is growing on me for day time use when the weather is fine, we are just going to go with the flow for our Grandiosa Cruise. She is going to be bigger so I am hoping , not holding my breath though, that the lounges maybe bigger.

We met crew onboard we knew from Seaview , activities and bar staff. All the crew we dealt with were friendly enough . Our room steward did his job but needs retraining as to what the DND light means !!!

We are booked on Preziosa in September , looking forward to getting on her after being on the smaller MSC ships.

Also to add re the rough weather. We have sailed many times across the Bay of Biscay in worse weather than Bellissima sailed through and have never been on a ship that rolled so much. We were eating in L’Atellier bistro when my chair physically started to move across the floor with me sitting in it and I am no light weight !!

Edited by heatherb1958

I will also be on the Bellissima in May. Thank you for all the photos and information everyone and for taking the time to answer questions. Has anyone stayed in one of the interior rooms that are supposed to be able to hold up to 4 people? I've only seen photos of the smaller interior rooms (2 people max). My mom and 2 siblings will be staying in an interior together and I'm worried one of them is going to end up on the floor.

9 hours ago, letstrythisplace said:

Has anyone stayed in one of the interior rooms that are supposed to be able to hold up to 4 people? I've only seen photos of the smaller interior rooms (2 people max).

Haven´t stayed there but one of those was a show cabin on the christening event. I have photos online later today.

steamboats

13 hours ago, letstrythisplace said:

Has anyone stayed in one of the interior rooms that are supposed to be able to hold up to 4 people?

Gee, I´m sorry, I´ve mixed it up with the MSC Seaview. There one of the show cabins was a quad inside. Here are photos of the show cabins of the MSC Bellissima but unfortunately it´s no quad inside (double only).

steamboats

On 3/11/2019 at 7:13 AM, little britain said:

The dining times:

21195D6B-2CA9-47D3-928D-44EB83FFA532.jpeg

Hi.

Looking at that in relation to dinner, have I misunderstood, or is Aurea myChoice Dining only available in the Lighthouse Restaurant?

21 minutes ago, Weby72 said:

Hi.

Looking at that in relation to dinner, have I misunderstood, or is Aurea myChoice Dining only available in the Lighthouse Restaurant?

MyChoice is always only available in a dedicated restaurant (or a dedicated area of one MDR).  You cannot choose which MDR you'd like to dine in.

Edited by Beamafar

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

MyChoice is always only available in a dedicated restaurant (or a dedicated area of one MDR).  You cannot choose which MDR you'd like to dine in.

Thank you for clarifying. Is it therefore not possible to book into a different MDR if you fancied a change?

46 minutes ago, Weby72 said:

Thank you for clarifying. Is it therefore not possible to book into a different MDR if you fancied a change?

Afraid not.  The m'D will only move someone with a very good reason to.

4 hours ago, Magnelasagne said:

Does anyone have the drinks/food menus from the sports bar? 

I walked through the Sports bar a couple of times to get to the aft . I would not describe it as a bar compared to MSC’s other ships, more like a cafeteria , just saying. We spent a lot of time on the other ships, Seaview and Magnifica , in their sports bar, comfy seating and free nacho chips with salsa and quacamole. We were not tempted once to sit in Bellissima’s equivalent, same on Meraviglia. The pub has overtaken the venue to be classed as a sports bar. 

40 minutes ago, heatherb1958 said:

I walked through the Sports bar a couple of times to get to the aft . I would not describe it as a bar compared to MSC’s other ships, more like a cafeteria , just saying. We spent a lot of time on the other ships, Seaview and Magnifica , in their sports bar, comfy seating and free nacho chips with salsa and quacamole. We were not tempted once to sit in Bellissima’s equivalent, same on Meraviglia. The pub has overtaken the venue to be classed as a sports bar. 

Ok, that’s a bummer. Do they have screens for sports in the pub?