Vibe now over $200 each!

Sky111

To my dismay Vibe access is now over $200 each $418 for 2 people. They just so happen to raise the price March 3rd. To be honest this is no longer worth it. They close the bar at 7pm. We thought we would use it for the at sea days but turned out to be way to windy to enjoy.

Did the Vibe sell out for your cruise or were there still passes left unsold??

IMHO, when you compare what you have to pay for a cabana on GSC for just one day, the price for Vibe for an entire week is still a huge bargain.

• Like 2

We have 2 days left I got tkt 17 and 18 and boarded Group 2, went straight to Headliners when they broke the news of the new pricing. Half the people left without buying. It is not crowded at all but had I known they close the bar at 7 I would not have.spent the money.

31 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

It makes the "VIBE or Spa" choice a bit more interesting.

If they still sellout, it's the right price. If not, NCL might offer discounts later in the day or the next day.

Yep but I fear the spa pass is next :classic_ohmy:

Vibe doubled $200

Unlimited go karts doubled $200

Is the spa next?😞

1 hour ago, david_sobe said:

Yep but I fear the spa pass is next :classic_ohmy:

Vibe doubled $200

Unlimited go karts doubled $200

Is the spa next?😞

I have a feeling the kart prices will increase again right before the start of the Alaska season.

JMO but, when people stop paying the price, the cruise line, any cruise line, will stop raising the prices. It's supply and demand, as long as people think it's worth it and are will to pay for it... it's all good. 

Never paid for Vibe and likely never will. 

• Like 4

To my dismay Vibe access is now over $200 each $418 for 2 people. They just so happen to raise the price March 3rd. To be honest this is no longer worth it. They close the bar at 7pm. We thought we would use it for the at sea days but turned out to be way to windy to enjoy.

What ship?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have 2 days left I got tkt 17 and 18 and boarded Group 2, went straight to Headliners when they broke the news of the new pricing. Half the people left without buying. It is not crowded at all but had I known they close the bar at 7 I would not have.spent the money. I think they said day spa pass was $59 we are on the NCL Getaway

• Like 1

Not worth it at all.  We were on the Getaway in February during Presidents week and wanted the Vibe because we knew the ship was sold out and there would be LOTS of kids due to the school holiday.  We got the passes but Spice h20 was actually where we chose to spend most of our time.  Spice also is adults only plus has a nice water feature. We had no problem finding chairs and met some great people.  The Vibe was boring and filled with a not so nice large group that was traveling together.  We did go to the Vibe a few times but felt it was not that great. We did have a great time in the Vibe on the Escape and Posh on Epic in the past though. I won’t spend $400 to go to Vibe...that’s crazy!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

JMO but, when people stop paying the price, the cruise line, any cruise line, will stop raising the prices. It's supply and demand, as long as people think it's worth it and are will to pay for it... it's all good. 

Never paid for Vibe and likely never will. 

Not related to Vibe passes but we booked a cruise for SA for 2021 in the Star Haven OS.  Very expensive for 14 days.  Can go on Oceania SA for 20 days for less per week than on NCL so going to jump ship and book Oceania as soon as prices out.  NCL has reached our breaking point.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mertziek said:

Not related to Vibe passes but we booked a cruise for SA for 2021 in the Star Haven OS.  Very expensive for 14 days.  Can go on Oceania SA for 20 days for less per week than on NCL so going to jump ship and book Oceania as soon as prices out.  NCL has reached our breaking point.

Cruising in general on all the lines is becoming more and more expensive. As a pensioner I can’t absorb a 20 - 30% increase ever year. We absolutely love cruising, but if prices don’t settle down over the next couple years we will probably go back to all inclusives. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

Cruising in general on all the lines is becoming more and more expensive. As a pensioner I can’t absorb a 20 - 30% increase ever year. We absolutely love cruising, but if prices don’t settle down over the next couple years we will probably go back to all inclusives. 

I definitely get that the prices seem to be getting out of hand, especially for us Canadians. However, until the economy demands that they start decreasing the prices, NCL and cruise lines in general, will continue to increase the prices.  They will reach the top ceiling and at that point, prices will settle or (best scenario) begin to decrease. 

49 minutes ago, luvcruzing said:

Quite often posters here have touted the popularity of Vibe and lamented the race to purchase the passes. They couldn’t understand why NCL wasn’t raising the price. Well, NCL listened.

Totally agree. With the popularity of the Vibe, it is about time that they used basic economics 101 of supply and demand and raised the prices. 

• Like 1

Doesn't really matter to us what they charge. My wife and I have discussed the good and bad with NCL and have decided that that this is our last cruise with them. Too many better options.

Edited by Sky111
  • Like 3

Vibe is marketing genius for NCL.  Create an uber-exclusive, VIP area with limited passes available; drive up the excitement and play on the competitive nature of many humans by making them run, shove and stumble over each other to get the passes (which they happily do); monitor all posts on CC and social media lauding Vibe and discussing strategies to get the highly coveted passes; once everyone is hooked on the product, and convinced that their cruise won't be the same without Vibe, raise the price.  A win for NCL.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, luvcruzing said:

Quite often posters here have touted the popularity of Vibe and lamented the race to purchase the passes. They couldn’t understand why NCL wasn’t raising the price. Well, NCL listened.

Exactly!!!

49 minutes ago, Sky111 said:

Personally I feel that when you spend good money for a cruise you shouldn't have to spend more for a recliner and access to a bar.

I have never bought vibe on NCL cruise, also never had an issue getting a seat or a drink. YMMV.  

Ive never had either issue you mention on any line. But I don’t have to sit pool side either. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, luvcruzing said:

Finally.  This should thin the herds of stampeding guests down a bit and put a fair market price on the service.  Those willing to pay the price can have a leisurely stroll.

• Like 1