Breakfast with Stanley

lindsaygal

5 hours ago, donaldsc said:

Do you really mean breakfast w a stuff bear?   You can't be serious.

DON

Did you really come on this thread to be rude?  You can't be serious. 

24 minutes ago, ckb104 said:

Did you really come on this thread to be rude?  You can't be serious. 

I guess I just do not understand the big deal about stuffed animals.  My kids had stuffed animals and my grandkids had stuffed animals but they all gave them up very quickly when they grew past 5 or 6.  

DON

1 hour ago, donaldsc said:

I guess I just do not understand the big deal about stuffed animals.  My kids had stuffed animals and my grandkids had stuffed animals but they all gave them up very quickly when they grew past 5 or 6.  

DON

I'm sorry.  I shouldn't have been snarky.  I apologize.  

Many people love Stanley because he's fun.  I grew up never getting over toys and stuffed animals.  I have a few in my house.  They make me happy.  My Mom & I each got a Stanley on our Alaska cruise in May 2015.  We buy him a little pin for his hat from every port.  When I see him over there on the cedar chest, he reminds me of our cruise and gets me excited for the next one.  😃  

9 hours ago, donaldsc said:

DON

Everyone’s different, and likes different things.

My daughter is nearly 7, and still VERY much into stuffed animals. Quite a lot of her friends are too (especially the girls, but I know of several 7-8 year old boys that still have a few favorite stuffies). Kids at this age are still heavily imaginative, and most still believe in things like Santa, the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny, etc. They also are often very enamored with characters from TV/movies, and boys and girls alike at this age will get excited about seeing a giant costumed character, and getting to interact or take a picture. Certainly, some kids will have outgrown it by this age too, and that’s perfectly normal as well. 

I am 49 years old, have no kids, and will not be traveling with any. I have Stanley Bear on my bed along with a stuffed Princess cruise ship.  I would LOVE to go to the breakfast. (and would take every last thing that has Stanley on it for a souvenir!) 

I am oddly obsessed with him!

Edited by Bollycats
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Dani24 said:

Everyone’s different, and likes different things.

My daughter is nearly 7, and still VERY much into stuffed animals. Quite a lot of her friends are too (especially the girls, but I know of several 7-8 year old boys that still have a few favorite stuffies). Kids at this age are still heavily imaginative, and most still believe in things like Santa, the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny, etc. They also are often very enamored with characters from TV/movies, and boys and girls alike at this age will get excited about seeing a giant costumed character, and getting to interact or take a picture. Certainly, some kids will have outgrown it by this age too, and that’s perfectly normal as well. 

Dani24, 

Hi please ask all the kids if they would like to eat with The Captain of The Rowboat 😁 We will start off with a Volcano from the kids menu 😁 BTW Santa is a great guy.🎅🏻

C4926CBE-53CA-4928-BA48-E243333D344A.jpeg

6DA4C2ED-4B10-40E8-882A-2AC0AC2D1B2E.jpeg

1 hour ago, Lucky TGO said:

Dani24, 

Hi please ask all the kids if they would like to eat with The Captain of The Rowboat 😁 We will start off with a Volcano from the kids menu 😁 BTW Santa is a great guy.🎅🏻

Much better and more fun than a so-so teddy bear.  Bring your parrot! 

PS - I have not thought much about, but I have always thought Princess could have come up with a better mascot than a teddy bear.  Perhaps something that ties in with the Sea Witch.  Anyway, I gather it was something to appeal to kids (who I would think would all vote Disney characters in a landslide vote over a teddy bear).

Edited by steelers36

We did it with our 2 kids (7 and 5) in March on the Regal.  They got to meet stanley and the ship's photographer was there for pics.  We also got to meet the captain, hotel director (I think) and the cruise director.  There weren't many people that signed up for it.  Our kids loved it. They also sell the Stanley bears at the breakfast for $24.95 which we knew we would get sucked into 2 as our daughter is stuffie obsessed but were shocked when the cruise director informed us that Stanley was gifting them to our kids (they had previously told us we had to pay for them, which I totally expected to pay).  

I think it was a fun experience for all of us and worth doing if you have young children.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2019 at 7:25 AM, lindsaygal said:

Here is the menu and a few pictures from out March cruise Breakfast with Stanley 🙂

D8E2D16A-4E10-4EB4-847F-CD3530504DAE.jpeg

3D52B8DF-1946-45DF-B772-F3DF3BEFE899.jpeg

CFA01D04-F29C-4742-A0CD-3B9FB8070428.jpeg

6AB3C898-348A-483D-A080-90F8C728D9D3.jpeg

Thanks so much for posting the menu - I was hoping it would be on here somewhere. I'm debating whether to sign up for this - my kids (and I) LOVE Stanley and actually have 6 of them at home...complete with different outfits! I know the kids would love to do this, but not sure I want to spend $40 on breakfast food that is the same as we could get for free in the dining room/buffet! Aside from the food, would you say the experience was worth paying for (and I know that is subjective...)

On 5/21/2019 at 11:49 PM, donaldsc said:

DON

I'm with your thinking.

What do those people actually get out of a stuffed bear of a person in a bear costume? I could understand if they were sailing with their grand kids but not to get excited otherwise.

7 hours ago, BIGADORF said:

You have to get older, you don’t have to grow up.😁

It's more like going into a second childhood phase of life.:classic_wink:

6 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I'm with your thinking.

What do those people actually get out of a stuffed bear of a person in a bear costume? I could understand if they were sailing with their grand kids but not to get excited otherwise.

It's more like going into a second childhood phase of life.:classic_wink:

I don't understand why anyone would want to do a city bus tour or sit by the pool all day.  Everyone has different interests, which is good.  Fortunately, no one is forced to care about Stanley and I'm not forced to go on a city bus tour.  😃  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ckb104 said:

I don't understand why anyone would want to do a city bus tour or sit by the pool all day.  Everyone has different interests, which is good.  Fortunately, no one is forced to care about Stanley and I'm not forced to go on a city bus tour.  😃  

I just think it's strange that grown people would even think about buying a stuffed bear or having a photo with a person in a bear costume unless entertaining a grandchild.

Yet I see people walking up to Stanley on the ship to have their photo taken with him.

They must be making money. 🤑

Go figure.  🙄

When I called Princess to inquire for our June 15  Seattle roundtrip, I was told by their representative that we would have to check once on-board because they don't have that schedule but that it wouldn't be on the second day...Low and behold, if it weren't for these postings, we would have missed it because it IS on the second day which is a sea day.  It now appears in the Cruise Personalizer as an interactive link whereas 2 weeks ago, there was no way to schedule it.  Thanks again Cruise Critic for the REAL info! Our granddaughter (age 6) is  SO excited, so were are all going - can't say the grandparents are excited, but we'll take one for the team!

• Like 1

I'll throw in there that while it was filled up a couple of weeks ago on our sailing, when I checked back last week I was able to book (and it's still available now). So check back if you can't get it when you first try!

Although, I ended up deciding not to go through with it after all. We're in a suite, and I'd rather have the suite breakfast and just try to find another opportunity for my daughter to meet Stanley. But if we were in our usual oceanview, I'd definitely have signed up.

For us, we are on the Grand 10 day R/T from San Francisco. The option available to book is the morning after we go to Victoria (i.e. the last full day of the cruise).