On Allure right now and question about the BOGO dining package.

We have the bogo dining package, the one that gives you specialty dining on nights one and two of the cruise. We made reservations for Chops tonight and they just called and said it was not part of the dining plan. Can someone confirm this before I walk downstairs to discuss this with them. I was under the impression that all dining was an option except for Teppanyaki and Chefs Table. 

Thanks. 

Well aren’t you just a ray of sunshine. 

I can not find the rules with the bogo dining. I thought perhaps someone here might have recent experience with the dining plan. That is, after all, what these boards are for. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

So I tried to look at the terms and condition for you, even though I'm sure you already went and talked to someone. But unfortunately all it says is participating locations can vary by ship. I'm on the Oasis in 2 weeks so our participating locations could be different but honestly, it didn't even give me a list. It definitely does say no to the Chef's Table as you already knew. But thanks for your heads up because I was considering getting this and Chops would be one I would want. So I think I'll just wait to see if they offer any deals on board (which I doubt). Hope it works out.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, taylor1293 said:

We have the bogo dining package, the one that gives you specialty dining on nights one and two of the cruise. We made reservations for Chops tonight and they just called and said it was not part of the dining plan. Can someone confirm this before I walk downstairs to discuss this with them. I was under the impression that all dining was an option except for Teppanyaki and Chefs Table. 

Thanks. 

Sounds like utter nonsense to me. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, taylor1293 said:

Thanks. 

We have done BOGO in the past and have eaten in Chops, Jamie's and Wonderland.  I have seen that some ships are only allowing certain restaurants but have never seen Chops excluded.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

We have done BOGO in the past and have eaten in Chops, Jamie's and Wonderland.  I have seen that some ships are only allowing certain restaurants but have never seen Chops excluded.

We are interested in getting the BOGO on our upcoming cruise but if Chops is not included we might have to choose something different. I'm curious how one  can find the restrictions on each ship as the fine print on the BOGO says nothing about other restaurants not being included on certain ships.

• Like 1

Just now, Swank Pad G said:

We are interested in getting the BOGO on our upcoming cruise but if Chops is not included we might have to choose something different. I'm curious how one  can find the restrictions on each ship as the fine print on the BOGO says nothing about other restaurants not being included on certain ships.

I have just seen some posts on Cruise Critic.  We are on Harmony soon and I have seen that Wonderland isn't included in the BOGO.  I have never seen an official list anywhere.  We just did BOGO again on Anthem in January and got Chops and Jamie's.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, later said:

On past cruises the allure only allowed use in the samba grill and the Italian restaurant.  

That is seriously ridiculous.  Chops is probably the most commonly requested restaurant.  This is the first I am hearing of ANY ship refusing to let anyone use Chops.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, taylor1293 said:

Thanks. 

20 minutes ago, later said:

On past cruises the allure only allowed use in the samba grill and the Italian restaurant.  

However, I really like Samba.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ariesgirl384 said:

So I tried to look at the terms and condition for you, even though I'm sure you already went and talked to someone. But unfortunately all it says is participating locations can vary by ship. I'm on the Oasis in 2 weeks so our participating locations could be different but honestly, it didn't even give me a list. It definitely does say no to the Chef's Table as you already knew. But thanks for your heads up because I was considering getting this and Chops would be one I would want. So I think I'll just wait to see if they offer any deals on board (which I doubt). Hope it works out.

Thank you for trying to help! We went down and spoke with a very nice gentlemen who said he gets a lot of complaints about Chops not being included. They will only include Italian, Sabor and Samba. 

2 minutes ago, taylor1293 said:

Thank you for trying to help! We went down and spoke with a very nice gentlemen who said he gets a lot of complaints about Chops not being included. They will only include Italian, Sabor and Samba. 

Wow, thanks for sharing that information.  I have to look back in my papers to see if we did the BOGO on Allure and what might have been included back in 2017.  I will have to ask what is included on Harmony when we sail in April.  We haven't booked the BOGO yet and maybe now we won't.

• Like 1

We were on Allure last November and purchased BOGO dining package.  Allure only allowed us to use in the Samba Grill and the Giovanni's.  However, we were on Harmony in 2017 and also purchased BOGO package.  Harmony allowed us to use in 150 Central park and Wonderland. 

2 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

I just checked and for my Symphony sailing the BOGO package, the fine print does say can not be used in Chops Grille..

I just checked our Harmony sailing and it also says it can not be used in Chops.  It says:

Offer is non-transferable and not combinable with Crown & Anchor discounts or any other offer or promotion. Dine, Drink, Discover promotion cannot be redeemed in Chops Grille.  Offer is subject to availability and change without notice and may be withdrawn at any time.

Allure seems to have some rules that are different from the other Oasis class ships or perhaps I should say they enforce the rules differently from the others.  When we sailed on Allure last year, we wanted to use our dining package in Hibachi and were told that we couldn't and I did see that in the rules, so I gave up.

We sailed on Harmony in January, same rules but we were told as long as we went the first night, we could use our dining package there.  We did go the first night and enjoyed our dinner.

I have seen the same flexibility on Oasis.  We are sailing on Allure again in June and I will once again try to go to Hibachi night 1, but I won't be upset if we can't go.  

I haven't bought a dining package for our cruise on Symphony, but I went to the Cruise Planner and checked on the BOGO dining package, the 3 night dining package, and the Ultimate Dining package (which by the way is not actually available, but still shows up on the planner). When I click on "Additional Terms & Conditions apply" it says "Dine, Drink, Discover Promotion cannot be redeemed in Chops Grille. Offer is subject to availability and change without notice and may be withdrawn at any time." It's not very obvious. Since Chops is a place that many, many people have used in their packages, I think they should be more forthcoming with that info. I understand there is some small print, but I'm not sure how one knows that it is part of the "Dine, Drink, Discover promotion"; that isn't what it is called in the Cruise Planner. I also realize it says they can change whenever they want, but again, I think they should make it obvious instead of it being rather hidden and causing this sort of situation.

I just think that it is a good business practice for RCCL to make sure customers understand what they are purchasing. That's a bummer.

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

I just checked our Harmony sailing and it also says it can not be used in Chops.  It says:

Offer is non-transferable and not combinable with Crown & Anchor discounts or any other offer or promotion. Dine, Drink, Discover promotion cannot be redeemed in Chops Grille.  Offer is subject to availability and change without notice and may be withdrawn at any time.

What I am curious about is what's the difference between the BOGO Dining package and the Dine, Drink, Discover Promotion. Sounds like two separate things. Anybody know?

24 minutes ago, Fancypants! said:

I haven't bought a dining package for our cruise on Symphony, but I went to the Cruise Planner and checked on the BOGO dining package, the 3 night dining package, and the Ultimate Dining package (which by the way is not actually available, but still shows up on the planner). When I click on "Additional Terms & Conditions apply" it says "Dine, Drink, Discover Promotion cannot be redeemed in Chops Grille. Offer is subject to availability and change without notice and may be withdrawn at any time." It's not very obvious. Since Chops is a place that many, many people have used in their packages, I think they should be more forthcoming with that info. I understand there is some small print, but I'm not sure how one knows that it is part of the "Dine, Drink, Discover promotion"; that isn't what it is called in the Cruise Planner. I also realize it says they can change whenever they want, but again, I think they should make it obvious instead of it being rather hidden and causing this sort of situation.

I just think that it is a good business practice for RCCL to make sure customers understand what they are purchasing. That's a bummer.

The dine drink discover promo is totally different than the BOGO or a 3 or 5 night package. The DDD is a perk for Boardwalk or CP balconys only. We had the BOBO and the 5 night package on Symphony last NOV.  Used it starting on night three and had Chops, 150, Jamie's and Wonderland.  Hooked was also included, the only exception was  Izumi Grill . Also on Symphony they no longer pre assign any restaurant,  just make all your reservations as soon as you board.  

3 minutes ago, Swank Pad G said:

What I am curious about is what's the difference between the BOGO Dining package and the Dine, Drink, Discover Promotion. Sounds like two separate things. Anybody know?

1 minute ago, taglovestocruise said:

The dine drink discover promo is totally different than the BOGO or a 3 or 5 night package. The DDD is a perk for Boardwalk or CP balconys only. We had the BOBO and the 5 night package on Symphony last NOV.  Used it starting on night three and had Chops, 150, Jamie's and Wonderland.  Hooked was also included, the only exception was  Izumi Grill . Also on Symphony they no longer pre assign any restaurant,  just make all your reservations as soon as you board.  

The Dine, Drink and Discover promotion information that was posted above is listed in the terms and conditions under the BOGO dining deal in the cruise planner.

3 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

That's good to know, thank you. Now if I can only find if on Harmony they restrict which restaurants  you can use it on.