Regal Medallion Net Prices

Jeter02

Can someone please confirm what The medallion cost, if I purchase it onboard the ship on day 1. Trying to figure if it pays to pre-purchase it prior to the cruise which is $59.99 for the unlimited internet package. OR if it comes out cheaper to wait to purchase it once on board the ship day 1. I can't remember if there's 25% off for elite passengers on the first day to purchase. Making it cheaper than the $59.99.

5 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

Can someone please confirm what The medallion cost, if I purchase it onboard the ship on day 1. Trying to figure if it pays to pre-purchase it prior to the cruise which is $59.99 for the unlimited internet package. OR if it comes out cheaper to wait to purchase it once on board the ship day 1. I can't remember if there's 25% off for elite passengers on the first day to purchase. Making it cheaper than the $59.99.

If you have the chance to buy pre cruise for that price (7 day?) I would snap it up.

It seems to vary from cruise to cruise and when you get onboard you may not get that great price.

I think regular full price is around $9.99 per day.

The Regal MedallionNet unlimited is awesome!!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Colo Cruiser said:

If you have the chance to buy pre cruise for that price (7 day?) I would snap it up.

It seems to vary from cruise to cruise and when you get onboard you may not get that great price.

The Regal MedallionNet unlimited is awesome!!

Thanks. I've done the pre-purchase the last two visits on the revolt of The medallion it. And I wish I looked at the paper that was in my cabin stating some form of discount for elite passengers to purchase it on day one but I don't really recall the letter nor that I really studied it. Now I'm kicking myself.

1 minute ago, Jeter02 said:

Thanks. I've done the pre-purchase the last two visits on the revolt of The medallion it. And I wish I looked at the paper that was in my cabin stating some form of discount for elite passengers to purchase it on day one but I don't really recall the letter nor that I really studied it. Now I'm kicking myself.

I edited my post to add that regular price seems to be $9.99 per day. I gage the price special by that.

2 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

I edited my post to add that regular price seems to be $9.99 per day. I gage the price special by that.

I called Princess directly. As u expected. It pays to get the unlimited first day onboard. It's 25% off the $9.99 a week so roughly $69.99 for elite passengers. Make it cheaper than the pre cruise price. Hooray!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeter02 said:

I called Princess directly. As u expected. It pays to get the unlimited first day onboard. It's 25% off the $9.99 a week so roughly $69.99 for elite passengers. Make it cheaper than the pre cruise price. Hooray!

Good deal!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

I'm confused.  Online it  shows I can buy the unlimited for $59.99 for a 7 day cruise, but is it cheaper to wait and book once onboard?  If 25% off of $9.99, that is $52.50,  am I thinking about this right?

IMO in your case I would purchase pre cruise.

I doubt you will get any cheaper than that.

1 hour ago, kywildcatfanone said:

I'm confused.  Online it  shows I can buy the unlimited for $59.99 for a 7 day cruise, but is it cheaper to wait and book once onboard?  If 25% off of $9.99, that is $52.50,  am I thinking about this right?

Yes, that is what many have reported.  However, this discount isn't published anywhere on the Princess website and Princess can change it at any time.  The savings isn't significant enough to chance it IMO, I'd take the $59.99 deal if you really want unlimited for the duration of the cruise.

• 2 months later...

I'm booked on a 19 day Regal Princess cruise coming up.  The only option shown for advanced purchase has been the unlimited for $129 per device.  I'm trying to find out if it might be better to wait until I'm on the ship to buy either the 4 device bundle, or access for two single devices on board.  I am a Ruby level Princess passenger currently.

Has anyone recently compared the pricing for Medallion Net before and after boarding the ship?  Does Ruby status get a discount from either the single line or 4 line Net service purchased on the ship?

Here is my report from REGAL (Baltic).  All numbers rounded to nearest "even" amount.

Pre-cruise Medallion Net for "regulars" = $100.  Cruise Personalizer

Pre-cruise Medallion Net for "Plat/Elite" = $75.  Cruise Personalizer.

Embarkation Medallion Net for "regulars = $90.

Embarkation Medallion Net for "Plat/Elite" = $67.50 (still 25% off the regular price).

I mentioned that I had pre-ordered and had asked Princess about the pricing, etc.  The Internet Cafe Manager was more than happy to refund us the $7.50 each.  Not even the slightest argument or anything.  Just NP at all.  Quickly done.

Another note:  You have to accept the 250 minute benefit and then not initiate and connect.  Then they cancel that and you re-connect after logging out and you then select the Unlimited offer.  Kind of klugy two steps.  But one of my first stops was there and lots of staff around and no passengers.  The Manager is the one on the computer fixing and crediting the rebate.

Lesson:  Just wait until boarding I guess.  Can use OBC then for sure.  I would think Embarkation is never going to be worse than Personalizer (but I think it should be the same...anyway this is my experience today).

PS - IDK the price tomorrow (post Embarkation).  Didn't ask yet.

Thanks for that information although on the Royal last month (14 days) I had 2 options:  to use my 250 free minutes or to purchase an unlimited plan.  Thus it wasn’t necessary to follow your procedure so MedallionNet experiences can vary & hopefully will eventually become standardized fleetwide.

Purchasing pre-cruise was $120 for unlimited but was 25% less expensive onboard at $90 in lieu of using our 250 free minutes.  Our 28-day cruise this Fall costs $130 to purchase in advance but doubt if we’ll need more minutes than our free 500 minutes each.  Onboard it’s possible to use OBC to pay if we want unlimited & likely 25% less expensive than by purchasing in advance.

The screenshot shows my 14-day cruise price for 4 devices which was double the price as for 1 device.  Although 1 unlimited plan can apparently be used by 2 people by having only 1 device signed in at a time.

0A5B55B1-1148-4C9C-9758-75F65447A5E4.png

D0ABEF48-E401-4B87-A1D2-617888E0D740.png