Do scooters fit in Summit veranda staterooms

kearney

I am wondering if anyone knows if a scooter that is 22" wide and about 45" long will fit into a typical veranda cabin on the M class ships. From what I see it appears all of these cabins have the bed by the bath vs other ships which alternate bed by bath and bed by veranda. Thinking of taking a cruise on Summit post 'revolution', but won't if scooters are an issue in the cabin. And I do not want a handicap cabin since the bathroom is not the issue. Thanks

You need to be concerned with the doorway size....standard cabins have smaller doorway....so that may be your sticking point.....not so much once you're IN the cabin.

If the person using the scooter cannot walk at all, it's best to get an HC cabin.    If your scooter folds up somewhat, you should be ok....

The question often is not fitting through the door, but being unable to get it past the foot of the bed, so you would not be able to get to the desk to plug in to charge, and no space for people to get around if you have to leave it in the entry way.  EM

I am under the impression that the veranda cabins on Summit all have the bed by bath and that they are smaller... this is why I ask the question. I know that they don't like them/forbid them to be parked in hallway... which makes sense. But I would hate to order a scooter and find that they have not delivered it because it will not fit in the cabin. Gerelmx, did it look like the space you were talking about was designated for scooters? Or were people just leaving them there because there was no place in cabin?