Gifts and gear: robe and slippers

17 minutes ago, bradenj21 said:

Looking for reviews on the robe offered through gifts and gear - a few years ago they had a few options now it's only one. Also for the slippers will they fit size 15 feet (exchange/refund if size issues?)

I don’t think they will fit a hefty person, nor size 15 ft (sorry if the word hefty offends... I used to be hefty, so I feel comfortable using the term ;))

Edited by vacationlover_mn

I think this purchase would be a waste of $$.....Depending on your C&A level or cabin category you'll get an RCI robe to use onboard or if not you can ask your cabin steward for one....then bring your own slippers.

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

I think this purchase would be a waste of $$.....Depending on your C&A level or cabin category you'll get an RCI robe to use onboard or if not you can ask your cabin steward for one....then bring your own slippers.

Standard room - not currently high enough in C&A.

3 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

I don’t think they will fit a hefty person, nor size 15 ft (sorry if the word hefty offends... I used to be hefty, so I feel comfortable using the term ;))

No offense. Size is only an issue for the slippers. 

11 minutes ago, bradenj21 said:

Standard room - not currently high enough in C&A.

I don't have high benefits either but I always ask my cabin steward for 2 robes and I have always gotten them. Maybe add some incentive to the request. 

6 minutes ago, matj2000 said:

1  Men should not be wearing Robes..

2. Woman can ask the cabin steward and they will get you one....

One could argue the same about speedos/man-kinis but who am I to judge? You wear your speedo, I'll wear my robe.  Xoxo. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, bradenj21 said:

One could argue the same about speedos/man-kinis but who am I to judge? You wear your speedo, I'll wear my robe.  Xoxo. 

The swimwear looks good on the right people

A robe only looks good on girls.

Don't do it...  And for sure don't buy on from RC..

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, bradenj21 said:

Looking for reviews on the robe offered through gifts and gear - a few years ago they had a few options now it's only one. Also for the slippers will they fit size 15 feet (exchange/refund if size issues?)

We have both the robes and the slippers (Yes, REAL men wear robes). We've used the robes for more than a year now, and they are good quality. Got the robes with Visa points, got the slippers comped on one of our cruises (they are worth being free, but I would never have purchased them.) I'm a size 8, and have a good two inches of sole left behind my heel, if that helps.

BTW, the robes and slippers are available for purchase on board, so you would be able to see them before you made any purchase decision.

Edited by orville99

2 hours ago, A2Mich said:

Anybody have any info about the beach towels they offer on their website?  Look like nice towels, but don’t want to order them if they are paper thin.

I'd assume they are like the blue ones they provide in the room. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bradenj21 said:

Our experience was that they were not the same blue ones you get on the pool deck, but thicker, larger, and with an RC logo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

Our experience was that they were not the same blue ones you get on the pool deck, but thicker, larger, and with an RC logo.

Thanks Bob.  They look like a better product than the hotel quality pool towels.  Was thinking about ordering some for stateroom delivery, and saveable as a useful “souvenir.”

1 hour ago, bradenj21 said:

I think Bob might be right on this one.  The photos shown on the website are definitely not the same as the light blue pool deck towels, and also looked to be much larger, a darker royal blue, and with the RCI logo.  I just wasn’t sure of the thickness and overall quality.  But, thank you for replying.

2 minutes ago, A2Mich said:

I think Bob might be right on this one.  The photos shown on the website are definitely not the same as the light blue pool deck towels, and also looked to be much larger, a darker royal blue, and with the RCI logo.  I just wasn’t sure of the thickness and overall quality.  But, thank you for replying.

Nice.  That gives me hope that the purchased robes will be nicer than the in room versions you can request. 

1 minute ago, bradenj21 said:

Nice.  That gives me hope that the purchased robes will be nicer than the in room versions you can request. 

As far as the robes, the ones for sale that I saw were of higher quality and much thicker than the in-room ones.  Those I have seen for sure.  Here is a photo of the towels I’m referring to....

36524217-505D-40A1-B961-7BDC5FFB80AE.jpeg

17 hours ago, SakeDad said:

Towels look great but I would worry about leaving them on chairs when we go for lunch or drinks.

Also on a 2+ week cruise how would you wash it?

A lot of ships have self serve laundry.  That's an option.  Or maybe cabin steward would be willing. 

On 3/12/2019 at 10:05 PM, mrlddst said:

I don't have high benefits either but I always ask my cabin steward for 2 robes and I have always gotten them. Maybe add some incentive to the request. 

Me too! Ask nicely and leave a great tip