First time Celebrity cruisers with kids... YOU WILL HAVE AN AWESOME TIME!

Dreamcruise27

I just want to counter balance the other post and let first time Celebrity cruisers with kids know that it is a very small group of cruisers who seem to not like children on the ships. Please remember that only a VERY small number of people who will be on your cruise are actually on Cruise Critic!

We have been on two Celebrity cruises with our toddler and he has been well loved by staff and other cruisers. We will continue sailing with Celebrity because we love the ships, food, and the amazing staff.

I hope other families who have traveled with their kids on Celebrity will post their positive experiences here so that new cruisers are not worried and stressed about their decision to book an amazing cruise vacation on a Celebrity ship!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Dreamcruise27 said:

I just want to counter balance the other post and let first time Celebrity cruisers with kids know that it is a very small group of cruisers who seem to not like children on the ships. Please remember that only a VERY small number of people who will be on your cruise are actually on Cruise Critic!

We have been on two Celebrity cruises with our toddler and he has been well loved by staff and other cruisers. We will continue sailing with Celebrity because we love the ships, food, and the amazing staff.

I hope other families who have traveled with their kids on Celebrity will post their positive experiences here so that new cruisers are not worried and stressed about their decision to book an amazing cruise vacation on a Celebrity ship!

I, for one, love well behaved children and hope they will be part of our next cruise.

We took our 2 who were 11 and 7 on a 10 night Celebrity Equinox cruise and THEY LOVED IT and everyone LOVED THEM!!! We have very well behaved kids but still....

We are planning another Celebrity cruise with them soon! 

We have been on Celebrity 4 times with our now 5 1/2 year old - and going for the 5th time this summer - I will say that any time little one was starting to act up or we could see he might be disruptive, we removed him so not to bother others....

But we do this when we are out elsewhere and not just on the cruise

• Like 1

I must say that I Am very accepting of a child meltdown in public on X, moreso than an adult meltdown similarly, neither of which happens frequently...

We even see the melt downs here on CC where there are no children, presumably..

:classic_tongue:

bon voyage

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I love kids.  I have two of my own who are adults now.  

If I wanted a totally kid free vacation, I wouldn't book a Celebrity cruise. When my wife and I booked Equinox, we didn't want a ship over-run with kids, which is why we selected Celebrity and not other cruise lines. 

I'm sure all of your kids are wonderful and I can't wait to sail with my grandchildren when/if I have some. 

Edited by mfs2k

I’ll be on celebrity summit in August with my son who will be 8 months at that time. Granted I can’t predict what his personality will be like at that time, but he’ll be too young to care about not being on a ship with all the extras, and we plan on removing him from a situation if he has a meltdown 

8 minutes ago, bEwAbG said:

There is an automatic tension that fills a room when kids appear.  The good parents are working against expectations set by the bad ones.  Just a reality. 

No tension with us or our travel companions...

In fact, it is almost a welcomed change from adults who think we want to be a part of their conversation either through hearing them six (6) tables away or right next to us at a bar...

We accept it or leave, as we know that at times we can be loud when thoroughly enjoying our meal or 'adult' beverage.

Not meant to offend others in the least bit.

bon appetite and bon voyage

Thank you Bo,

Yes we have kids that were on cruises even before they were born, My grandson was 3 months inside and since then have been cruising.  Everybody loved himimage.png.0ead5994e7cf56b3daa73304f28cd88e.png

This was in Symphony.  Even the officers were playing with him! They gave him a "sword" and asked him to pose here for pictures.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jesseslola said:

Thank you Bo,

Yes we have kids that were on cruises even before they were born, My grandson was 3 months inside and since then have been cruising.  Everybody loved himimage.png.0ead5994e7cf56b3daa73304f28cd88e.png

This was in Symphony.  Even the officers were playing with him! They gave him a "sword" and asked him to pose here for pictures.

j - very nice photo.. a Samurai in training aboard X to keep all the dis-orderly children in line! 😉

bon voyage

We were on the Feb 23rd Equinox sailing with our 3 and 4 year old and they loved it.....outside of a couple evil looks from a couple of nasty people (go sail on adults only line) we had no issues with crew or other guests.

LOL Bo!!

We were being seated in the dining room one time and a few people were staring at us, like really saying out loud...." get off of my ship". This is a well behaved kid with his tablet and earphone.

Do they know that these kids pay full price?

48 minutes ago, Jesseslola said:

LOL Bo!!

We were being seated in the dining room one time and a few people were staring at us, like really saying out loud...." get off of my ship". This is a well behaved kid with his tablet and earphone.

Do they know that these kids pay full price?

Imagine if this applied to any other group of people?  Imagine a black family, or a family with a disabled person, or gay couple walking in and getting stares.  I stare right back and ask to be seated next to them 🙂

• Haha 2

Everyone thinks *their* children are talented, funny, darling and well-behaved. Of course you do. It's normal for a loving parent to think their children are exceptional, and that translates to a belief that the staff and other people must surely adore them too.

It's interesting how many parents are posting that on their last cruise, everyone loved their kids. But - we're not seeing many posts at all from fellow passengers who are sharing just how delightful other people's kids are on a cruise.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, DebInAntigua said:

Everyone thinks *their* children are talented, funny, darling and well-behaved. Of course you do. It's normal for a loving parent to think their children are exceptional, and that translates to a belief that the staff and other people must surely adore them too.

It's interesting how many parents are posting that on their last cruise, everyone loved their kids. But - we're not seeing many posts at all from fellow passengers who are sharing just how delightful other people's kids are on a cruise.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize I should have kept a list of names of all the passengers who came up to my husband and I to compliment us on our well behaved 2 year old. I guess all the smiles and waves we received from passengers and staff were not indicative of their feelings toward our son.

I find it interesting that a majority of families who have sailed on Celebrity have experienced nothing but positive feedback from passengers and staff, yet on CC, there are a lot of people who are proclaiming that they will leave Celebrity if they continue on with promotions that will encourage families to try out Celebrity ships. Clearly all the passengers who were delighted to see kids on a cruise are not on CC and those who don't want to see kids on future Celebrity cruises are going to find other lines. Guess it is a win-win for families who will be sailing on Celebrity!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, DebInAntigua said:

Honestly, the fact that we haven't noticed any out of line behavior (damaging the ship or harassing other passengers) from kids in 14 cruises on kid friendly lines, says something.  So if you wanted it written there it is, we have seen lots of well behaved kids, including kids that were behaving better than their parents!

Are there out of control kids, sure. Just as there are out of control adults with and without kids. I would rather deal with a table next to with a kid having a meltdown than people enjoying the adult beverages too much.

Edited by cgolf1
  • Like 3

My kids are older now (21, 27 and 33) and are ok on Celebrity ships.  That wasn't the case 10 years ago. They hated Celebrity because of the lack of stuff for kids to do and the lack of other kids. They still prefer RCL and NCL.  I think small kids will like it because there's not much they dont like (except veggies) but pre-teens and teens will be much happier on a RCL, Carnival or NCL ship.

Personally, I've never had any issues with kids on a Celebrity cruise, I've never seen any kids doing things that kids would not normally do.  Yea, they jump in the pool, splash water, and some hit all the elevator buttons. Just normal kid stuff. But for the sake of the kids, if I had pre teens or teens I would not take them on Celebrity unless they are very quiet/reclusive kids.

Edited by TFLG

10 minutes ago, TFLG said:

-------------------------

if I had pre teens or teens I would not take them on Celebrity unless they are very quiet/reclusive kids.

LOL - maybe these are the reasons I enjoy X, being very quiet and reclusive!

bon voyage