New Menus Fleet-wide?

Fogfog

There was some conversation that with the Edge --Celebrity would be making changes to menus fleetwide

Then there was some conversation that the changes were largely to Luminae

Recently on other threads there are comments that there are changes to the MDR menus as well on S class ship(s)

Do we have any recent or current pax who can add insight to whether there are menu changes -- which venues etc. and post any pics

TYIA

23 hours ago, Fogfog said:

There was some conversation that with the Edge --Celebrity would be making changes to menus fleetwide

Then there was some conversation that the changes were largely to Luminae

Recently on other threads there are comments that there are changes to the MDR menus as well on S class ship(s)

Do we have any recent or current pax who can add insight to whether there are menu changes -- which venues etc. and post any pics

TYIA

On Equinox, there were minor changes in the MDR and Blu.  Generally, the same menus as for the last year or so. However, the menus have rotated. For example, filet mignon or prime rib was not served the first night in Blu as in the past.  Day 1 was served on Day 7 on our 7 day cruise.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, keesar said:

On Equinox, there were minor changes in the MDR and Blu.  Generally, the same menus as for the last year or so. However, the menus have rotated. For example, filet mignon or prime rib was not served the first night in Blu as in the past.  Day 1 was served on Day 7 on our 7 day cruise.

TY

I read on another thread that a beef menu item in MDR was gone and replaced altogether

Clearly the new guest chef things is about Luminae... though I wonder if he will improve Blu and MDR as well

1 hour ago, happy cruzer said:

If you have ever been on another mass market line, Celebrity's "old" menus are great.  Other lines' "new" menus are always a downgrade. JMHO and why I am trying Celebrity again :).

I think you're right.  Hopefully they'll just bring back menus from 10 years ago.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I think you're right.  Hopefully they'll just bring back menus from 10 years ago.

I remember when the twice backed goat cheese souffle was a reg item on the MDR...and a former pax asked Gourmet to get the recipe....Now the closest you will find is in Murano (excellent)

The last sailing we ate in MDR we were disappointed in many of the entrees at dinner

We are just off Equinox.  I noticed only on the last night’s MDR menu that there were two new entrees.  One was a pork scallopini Marsala that replaced the steak Diane.  Don’t remember the other.  The in room TV, of course, still showed the previous menu.  Anyone who isn’t a fan of Marsala needn’t worry; it was a brown mushroom gravy devoid of Marsala.  Served with very tasty polenta “fries.”

1 minute ago, helen haywood said:

We are just off Equinox.  I noticed only on the last night’s MDR menu that there were two new entrees.  One was a pork scallopini Marsala that replaced the steak Diane.  Don’t remember the other.  The in room TV, of course, still showed the previous menu.  Anyone who isn’t a fan of Marsala needn’t worry; it was a brown mushroom gravy devoid of Marsala.  Served with very tasty polenta “fries.”

Sounds terrible if it was devoid of Marsala... yuck

Shame

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Perhaps bring a glass with you... 😁

🤣🤣

Even a Premium glass of wine doesn't make up for poorly executed pork "marsala" lacking marsala

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Sounds like a  night to order Mac and Cheese from the kids menu

• Like 1

Menus haven’t changed in years. A few years ago, I was exited to see top chefs items one evening. They sounded better than they tasted.  They have since dropped top chefs.  I am elite plus. I have seen the same menus too many times. It is boring. Celebrity needs to rework menu offerings.  That also applies to Murano and a Tuscan.  

• Like 1

The menu change rumor has been around for a couple of years. We go to the chef’s table dinner on each cruise and received a Celebrity cookbook as part of the experience until about two and a half years ago when they stopped giving out the cookbook. We were told that all the menus were going to change because of the Edge. As always with Celebrity, rumor and fiction resemble each other. Don’t hold your breath!  The cookbook was great because it included all the specialty restaurant menu items as well as the main dining room items. 

Even if they just changed two items per year, it would be a big improvement.  Especially the MDR lunch menus.  There are four of them, and if you’re on a cruise with a lot of sea days, they come around again very quickly.  

We were on Solstice last summer, then Silhouette in the autumn, and now Solstice again.  We’ve eaten in Blu for all of these cruises, and we have noticed a significant improvement in the food from last summer, and from the Silhouette cruise.  Others have commented on it as well.  So it’s not all bad news,

8 hours ago, A Sixth? said:

Who was the chat with? The head chef, other guests.....

It was posted in a thread by people who sailed the early sailings on the Edge and in those threads. One poster --who sails and posts often-- had one on one conversations as well as emails he quoted as well... saying there would be changes to menus etc

11 hours ago, tanzania2015 said:

The menu change rumor has been around for a couple of years. We go to the chef’s table dinner on each cruise and received a Celebrity cookbook as part of the experience until about two and a half years ago when they stopped giving out the cookbook. We were told that all the menus were going to change because of the Edge. As always with Celebrity, rumor and fiction resemble each other. Don’t hold your breath!  The cookbook was great because it included all the specialty restaurant menu items as well as the main dining room items. 

How was the chef's table? Bummer that they no longer produce/give the book as a gift

We have done chef's table at sea on another line and at land based restaurants. Enjoy them very much

I have wondered if, since it looks like they won't be changing the one MDR model to multiple MDRs (as seen on the Edge) during the Revolution (at least M class still has only one on Millie), if they will at least start rotating some of the Edge Exclusives dishes into the menus fleetwide.

Now that they have had time to try these 28 additional dishes (extra 3 appetizers, 3 entrees and 1 dessert for each of the 4 Edge MDRs), they could introduce some of the popular ones into the MDR menus.

I tasted items from each restaurant in a Taste of the Edge demonstration - most were very good to excellent, with a couple that were not to my taste.  I haven't heard about them doing this from anyone, but just putting it out there as an idea...🙂

Here are the Exclusives (appetizers and entrees) from the 4 restaurants.

744806765_2019-03-17(7).thumb.png.55639fa451a7eb4e407433ef0defe9b7.png1427340532_2019-03-17(4).thumb.png.7246384109dd4dde5189b7189ac35a66.png970148327_2019-03-17(6).thumb.png.ee68d1b50b51ca2edaef1789702a4286.png

1222929603_2019-03-17(5).thumb.png.af8630389c5d8c7a324f20a0877a88b9.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Fogfog said:

It was posted in a thread by people who sailed the early sailings on the Edge and in those threads. One poster --who sails and posts often-- had one on one conversations as well as emails he quoted as well... saying there would be changes to menus etc

There has been talk of menu changes for years and years.  They did add a few more poultry dishes like pheasant and duck but nothing significant.  

53 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I have wondered if, since it looks like they won't be changing the one MDR model to multiple MDRs (as seen on the Edge) during the Revolution (at least M class still has only one on Millie), if they will at least start rotating some of the Edge Exclusives dishes into the menus fleetwide.

Now that they have had time to try these 28 additional dishes (extra 3 appetizers, 3 entrees and 1 dessert for each of the 4 Edge MDRs), they could introduce some of the popular ones into the MDR menus.

I tasted items from each restaurant in a Taste of the Edge demonstration - most were very good to excellent, with a couple that were not to my taste.  I haven't heard about them doing this from anyone, but just putting it out there as an idea...🙂

Here are the Exclusives (appetizers and entrees) from the 4 restaurants.

744806765_2019-03-17(7).thumb.png.55639fa451a7eb4e407433ef0defe9b7.png1427340532_2019-03-17(4).thumb.png.7246384109dd4dde5189b7189ac35a66.png970148327_2019-03-17(6).thumb.png.ee68d1b50b51ca2edaef1789702a4286.png

1222929603_2019-03-17(5).thumb.png.af8630389c5d8c7a324f20a0877a88b9.png

So it appears that they have indeed done away with the Dine Aware symbols denoting allergy-related ingredients? 

3 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

The always available menu is typically how we judge the menus.  Celebrity's is the best of the Mass Market lines IMHO.

There is a big uproar on Princess because the always available beef item is now a special hamburger.

A hamburger... thats crazy when you can get it at the grill for lunch. 

Unless its wagyu and topped with foie gras...then we are talking 😉

• 2 weeks later...

Beyond the other post about the Beef Tornado change... Are there any updates?

Yes I did see in other posts that the Beef Filet the first night in Blu seems to have been moved to a "chic" night...