Wine Corkage Leftovers

redrightreturning

You paid for them on one cruise.

Sounds like you don't want to pay for them on the new cruise.

I doubt they were designed to be transferable to other cruises.

Sometimes the sticker/stamp changes.

I think I would rather avoid an embarrassing moment trying to avoid paying corkage for the next cruise during boarding.

Is it worth $30?

Sometimes we are our own worst enemies.

Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, redrightreturning said:

Have a couple of leftover corkage-paid (stickers attached) bottles from our last cruise. Anyone have experience taking corkage-paid bottles on next cruise and not having to pay again and still being allowed the 2 free ? 

I just took two bottles we paid corkage on last cruise but did not drink. I had no issues with either the screeners at check in or at the dining table.

There's no reason you wouldn't be able to take them on another cruise if you've already paid the corkage.

Edited by tonit964
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

I just took two bottles we paid corkage on last cruise but did not drink. I had no issues with either the screeners at check in or at the dining table.

There's no reason you wouldn't be able to take them on another cruise if you've already paid the corkage.

No reason except that the coffee card does not carry to a later cruise starting Sept 1.

tonit964 -- Did you take just the two bottles with the old stickers on board or did you take those two along with others?

If you only took just those two, boarding allowed you to take two bottles on board and the dinning room staff saw the stickers and didn't question anything.  If you took more then just those two bottles then you have answered the OP's question.

Please let us know.

5 hours ago, famski740 said:

tonit964 -- Did you take just the two bottles with the old stickers on board or did you take those two along with others?

If you only took just those two, boarding allowed you to take two bottles on board and the dinning room staff saw the stickers and didn't question anything.  If you took more then just those two bottles then you have answered the OP's question.

Please let us know.

No, I took those that already had the stickers and two more as well without the stickers. It was a 15 day cruise and the screeners didn't say anything about the four bottles I had. 

ETA: They did open my carry on because I had two 12 packs of soda which they debated to open to see if I had beer hidden inside. I assured them I didn't but understood if they wanted to open them both and go through them can by can. So they did see the wine also but closed up my case and let me go.

Edited by tonit964
Added info