Is there a trick to reading threads?!

I’m embarrassed to ask this...

How can I read a thread so I only read the OP’s posts? I love reading live reviews but don’t want to go through pages and pages of endless chatter to follow along. 

Thank you you so much for kind answers!! 😊

Edited by 3hearts4me

Don’t believe within the thread there is such a function. However in most cases in live reviews you’ll want to read both as some of them tie into each other. If non ops posts were omitted there could be parts of the review that might not make sense in what the op is writing or storyline they are speaking about. Also sometimes other folks other than the op on that same sailing contribute to the live review. 

• Thanks 1

On mobile, the Tapatalk app makes it easy, as all posts by the OP, within a thread, are marked with an easy-to-spot green "OP". I often use it to do as you suggest, and just read the posts from the OP, when I'm following a review.

Unfortunately, I don't believe the website has this feature.

I don’t think you can on the CC site in the thread itself. I think the only thing you could do is click on the OP’s name, which will take you to the page on which you can opt to see all her posts.  Then you could click on each post in her review thread. However, I think that would be tedious.

4 hours ago, 3hearts4me said:

How can I read a thread so I only read the OP’s posts?

One partial workaround: Call up a page of the thread. Hit CTRL+F (or whatever you use to get your browser's find function up). Type in the OP's name and search the page. It will alight on every post made by the OP. Although it will also find other instances of the OP's name on the page (eg in quotes), it can make it much faster to skip to the next post made by the OP.

Thank you everyone! I’m not embarrassed anymore as i thought I was missing something very obvious lol! There are some great reviews, but when they 25+ pages long of friendly banter I just want to skip to the the good bits! 🙂

On 3/17/2019 at 8:54 AM, hapster85 said:

On mobile, the Tapatalk app makes it easy, as all posts by the OP, within a thread, are marked with an easy-to-spot green "OP". I often use it to do as you suggest, and just read the posts from the OP, when I'm following a review.

Unfortunately, I don't believe the website has this feature.

18 hours ago, broberts said:

In the old system OP posts were identified as such. Sadly this feature has not migrated to this new platform.

You could just remember the name or the Avatar of the OP. That would be just as easy in my opinion. 😉

You could just remember the name or the Avatar of the OP. That would be just as easy in my opinion. [emoji6]

I can't speak to the how it is on the website, as I rarely use it. But the bright green "OP" stands out pretty well on the app, whereas the names are all blue.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

You could just remember the name or the Avatar of the OP. That would be just as easy in my opinion. 😉

The advantage of the OP indicator was that one could quickly scroll through a page without reading, simply looking for the indicator. As things stand one has to either remember the username or avatar of the OP. Given how similar usernames and icons can be the process is slower.

1 hour ago, broberts said:

The advantage of the OP indicator was that one could quickly scroll through a page without reading, simply looking for the indicator. As things stand one has to either remember the username or avatar of the OP. Given how similar usernames and icons can be the process is slower.

I guess for some, but I'm pretty good at remembering Avatars. 😉

On 3/17/2019 at 5:20 AM, 3hearts4me said:

I’m embarrassed to ask this...

How can I read a thread so I only read the OP’s posts? I love reading live reviews but don’t want to go through pages and pages of endless chatter to follow along. 

Thank you you so much for kind answers!! 😊

There is a kludgy work-around, create a custom stream and just edit the owner name.

image.thumb.png.631810e2e0ef9c6f92e89d4ceac5cc55.png

• Like 2