Laundry--a "pressing" question

ON cruiser

Hello all, my wife and I will be taking our first Regent cruise, in May. We have sailed the mainstream lines and, more recently, have done several Seabourn cruises. On Seabourn, laundry service was offered by individual pieces as well as "by the bag" for, if I recall correctly, $50 flat rate for all one could stuff into a cloth bag. Does Regent also offer a flat-rate "by the bag" option for laundry and, if so, what is the current cost?

Sorry if this question has been asked and answered before, and your assistance/indulgence is appreciated.

Launderettes are available on most decks and detergent,  fabric softener, etc. is complimentary.  Sea days are the most popular days, so be prepared to wait for washer/dryers on those days unless you get there very early.

No by the bag option, but the prices are reasonable.  And if you do decide to do your own, which we used to do for exercise clothes, socks etc, the washer and dryer are free as is detergent, but there is no fabric softener.  If you want dryer sheets, you need to bring your own.

I guess you could say there's a by-the-bag option, but you need to hit Gold or above to get it.  I think Gold gets one free bag per 7-night segment and Platinum and up get unlimited...

That's the only reason we kept sailing Regent - we wanted that free bag of laundry!!!   LOL!! 

8 minutes ago, UUNetBill said:

I guess you could say there's a by-the-bag option, but you need to hit Gold or above to get it.  I think Gold gets one free bag per 7-night segment and Platinum and up get unlimited...

That's the only reason we kept sailing Regent - we wanted that free bag of laundry!!!   LOL!! 

Your "free" bag only costs you several hundred thousand $'s. I know, that's what it cost me.

Edited by TravelnAl
Added to comment

1 hour ago, TravelnAl said:

Your "free" bag only costs you several hundred thousand $'s. I know, that's what it cost me.

You sound like my DH (in a good way).  I was so excited to get included laundry when we became Platinum.  His response was something like ........ do you know what it cost for us to have free laundry?  When we became Titanium, I didn't say a word about the added benefits :classic_tongue:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TravelnAl said:

Hey, it's not THAT bad...you hit gold at 75 nights, and if you shop around you can find Regent cruises in the neighborhood of $590 a night (just over $44K for your 75 nights) or heck, you could even do a 117-night World Cruise for $62K, a relative bargain at $529 a night!!  And you get unlimited dry cleaning and pressing on the WC, too.

I guess that's the Regent version of the "Blue Light Special", huh?   :classic_biggrin:

1 hour ago, Travelcat2 said:

You sound like my DH (in a good way).  I was so excited to get included laundry when we became Platinum.  His response was something like ........ do you know what it cost for us to have free laundry?  When we became Titanium, I didn't say a word about the added benefits :classic_tongue:

I just looked at the numbers...a WC would nudge us into Platinum, just barely.  If I could just convince my employer that I could be just as productive 'working remote' for 117 nights, well, maybe I could swing it.   But then again, knowing how the internet is...

• Like 2

I prefer to do my own laundry.  I don't want anyone to deal with my tighty whiteys.  Regent has two washers and two dryers on each deck.  Plus, TV and ironing boards.  It's a very nice set up.  There are plenty of units given the total number of passengers.   

Depending on how busy I am on board, I'll toss in a load of skivvies, socks, etc. if I can find an open machine, but if there's a mob waiting I'll use my OBC to get it done.  There's actually something kind of fun about your socks coming back cleaned, pressed, and wrapped in tissue paper.   :classic_biggrin:

For me I don't like doing laundry of any kind during a vacation a time away from home, so even if I have to pay for it-you're not going to see me in the laundry room.  At my home, yes but not on a ship.  In fact after a cruise I feel like I want to go to Costco and buy the large pack of tissue paper:classic_biggrin: