Le Petit Chef at Qsine

Rod&Deb

Does anyone know if the Le Petit Chef experience is a nightly thing or only offered a couple of times on the cruise.  Has anyone been to one of these nights if you could share your experience.  Many Thanks

We haven’t done it yet, but my understanding is there are two seatings each night at a set time. I think it’s every night. You can go to YouTube and see a video of the show. Most comments say its a once per cruise experience but very unique.

we plan to try it next month.

Twice per evening (6.30 and 8.30) if I remember correctly.

We found it great fun and giggled all the way through. The food was (for group catering) very nice. 

I would strongly recommend NOT to watch the video, the real cruise experience is better with novelty. 

We would do it again but not more than every now and then...Definitely recommend you experience, I real contrast to formal dining.

We did LPC on Silhouette last fall.

Yes, it was  every night, two seatings. Not all that well attended, I would not book prior to the cruise unless it was an extremely special occasion.

Some of the best food we had on the ship, excellent filet and bouillabaisse.

The menu is set because it "goes" with  the show. There is a single alternate dish available for each course - alternate appetizer, alternate entree, etc. Just be aware that you can't order whatever you want.

A lot of fun, I wouldn't do this every trip, but wouldn't hesitate to do it againif the price was right, or if I was travelling with people who hadn't seen it. Think cute and lightly amusing

• Thanks 1

As noted it is two fixed seating times per evening. We did it last summer and thoroughly enjoyed it.  We felt the food quality was quite good, probably because the menu is fixed.  Not sure it is something we would do very often, unless they changed the menu.  As previously noted when we did it the restaurant was about half full.

We recently sailed Millennium after she was "revolutionized" and Qsine  was not converted to LPC.  Not sure what that means...........

7 minutes ago, ScubesDad said:

As noted it is two fixed seating times per evening. We did it last summer and thoroughly enjoyed it.  We felt the food quality was quite good, probably because the menu is fixed.  Not sure it is something we would do very often, unless they changed the menu.  As previously noted when we did it the restaurant was about half full.

We recently sailed Millennium after she was "revolutionized" and Qsine  was not converted to LPC.  Not sure what that means...........

I noticed in the cruise planner for our upcoming Summit cruise in September, we can still make reservations for Qsine. Not that we plan to make reservations for Qsine. As a party of 2, the Qsine menu seems overwhelming with the amount of choices. 

Not discouraging you from trying but one thing to keep in mind that was mentioned above is the set menu.  When we did it last year there was a fixed menu with varying courses that followed along with the table animation presentation.  ONE alternate choice was made available for each course (chicken could be substituted for beef as an example). 

Just know going in that if you like a lot of options, this is not the place for you.  We thought it was entertaining but would not do it again.  After doing it, it's a been there, done that kind of thing for us. 

Edited by Sascol

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/19/2019 at 2:35 PM, bermadu22 said:

I noticed in the cruise planner for our upcoming Summit cruise in September, we can still make reservations for Qsine. Not that we plan to make reservations for Qsine. As a party of 2, the Qsine menu seems overwhelming with the amount of choices. 

Don't let the fact that you are a party of two discourage you from going to Qsine. You certainly don't (and shouldn't) have to order everything on the menu. No one does, no matter how large or small their party is. DW and I have done it many times  with a huge party and many times by ourselves. When we go by ourselves, we limit our choices to about six or seven total, each ordering about three items.some hints: don't  order a lot of the carb loaded items, and don't fill up any of the bread you are given.

4 hours ago, Fighterone said:

Looking for information as to all the tables are multiple seating or are there any tables for 2? I will start a new thread with this question also. 

My wife and I enjoyed th event as a party of two.  We loved it.  We will be back next cruise.

• Like 1