Person Overboard on Mariner

1 hour ago, vidsmart said:

I read a post elsewhere by the guy mentioned in the Newsweek article that there was a fight between a newlywed couple, she threw some of his stuff overboard and he jumped in to save it. Supposedly they were put off the ship and banned for life...

Jarvis' FB post is now up to 750 comments. About every 5th comment someone says "fake news." He has not updated it...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, vidsmart said:

Ya think? I heard they were put off in Nassau. Supposedly much of his luggage was tossed overboard. If true I sure would love to be a fly on the wall in their room in Nassau (or maybe not)

Annulment coming?  I admit I'd like to be a fly on the wall too!  And what floor did he jump from?  We were talking about the article and video on the idiots who jumped off the 11th deck and were banned when we were on the Indy and there really wasn't a deck I felt comfortable diving off of 🙂

2 hours ago, ShillyShally said:

Thanks, if it's the fighting newlyweds I'm more interested in knowing what was thrown overboard that was worth trying to save (and wasn't immediately sunk)!

I'll look for that!

A very reliable source reported it was car keys. 

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Yes that is, or at least was, the other possiblity. You just can't help yourself but to include just a bit of snark, the dog bit,  can you.

Looks like it was a bad episode of the newlywed game...

I'd have more empathy for the rescue dog. 🤣

If this keeps up our balconies will be lined with plexiglass from the deck to the overhead. Just like "challenged" kids that eat batteries and there has to be a screw holding the battery compartment shut to prevent it, our cruising days will be marred from idiots that fall off of cruise ships or those who push people off of them.

Edited by johnjen
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ShillyShally said:

Thanks, if it's the fighting newlyweds I'm more interested in knowing what was thrown overboard that was worth trying to save (and wasn't immediately sunk)!

I'll look for that!

Maybe she threw Him overboard

1 hour ago, tennislvr8 said:

A very reliable source reported it was car keys. 

That’s what I read. I didn’t mention it because it just sounded too kray kray to repeat—he jumped in the ocean for some car keys...

48 minutes ago, johnjen said:

If this keeps up our balconies will be lined with plexiglass from the deck to the overhead. Just like "challenged" kids that eat batteries and there has to be a screw holding the battery compartment shut to prevent it, our cruising days will be marred from idiots that fall off of cruise ships or those who push people off of them.

Maybe they could immediately announce it and charge for viewing, maybe make some of the viewing spots part of the Key. 

Now I know why they don't let you bring toasters on board, it has nothing to do with the power on the ship, they are afraid people will use them in the showers, tubs and pools.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Alter Ego said:

I just listened to Michael Poole’s Periscope from a few days ago and he said it was a teenager. I didn’t watch all of his scopes after this one, so don’t know what’s correct.

Married couple or a teen.

Per Michael's responses on Facebook the night it happened, it was a guy who had been married two months.