Carry on Cans of Soda?

I am sailing on Adventure OTS next month.  I looked on the website to see if I could purchase water or soda for my room, similar to other cruise lines but didn't find anything.  So I called the cruise line and was told that I can carry on a 12-pack of soda in cans.  After I hung up I had another question.  Is that a 12-pack per cabin?  Or can my husband and I each carry on a 12-pack of soda?

TIA for your help

Per stateroom, From RC website below

"Guests may also bring non-alcoholic beverages as carry-on items on boarding day. Non-alcoholic beverages may not exceed 12 standard (17 oz.) cans, bottles or cartons per stateroom. Milk and distilled water brought on for infant, medical, or dietary use are permitted."

• Like 3

4 hours ago, DaisyGirl55 said:

I am sailing on Adventure OTS next month.  I looked on the website to see if I could purchase water or soda for my room, similar to other cruise lines but didn't find anything.  So I called the cruise line and was told that I can carry on a 12-pack of soda in cans.  After I hung up I had another question.  Is that a 12-pack per cabin?  Or can my husband and I each carry on a 12-pack of soda?

TIA for your help

There is also an option to purchase a 12 pack of cans for your room, but I believe it’s $28 for 12 cans or $15 for 6 cans.

2 minutes ago, matj2000 said:

It looks like you have been on plenty of RC cruises.

You should probably know this already..

Wow, I’ve cruised with numerous lines plenty of times but still need to check on certain rules when it’s something I’ve never considered before.

3 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Wow, I’ve cruised with numerous lines plenty of times but still need to check on certain rules when it’s something I’ve never considered before.

First.   Nobody is going to drink a case of soda on a week cruise.

Second.   Bring the extra 12 pack if you must.     If they take it, you are out and entire $3.

19 hours ago, matj2000 said:

It looks like you have been on plenty of RC cruises.

You should probably know this already..

19 hours ago, matj2000 said:

Yes, I have been on quite a few cruises, but things change and what was allowed before is sometimes no longer allowed.  Back in the day, you could buy a bottle and bring it to your room.  As you know, this is no longer the case.  Rules change.  Plain and simple.  No need to be rude or snarky

20 hours ago, matj2000 said:

First.   Nobody is going to drink a case of soda on a week cruise.

Second.   Bring the extra 12 pack if you must.     If they take it, you are out and entire $3.

You've seriously never met anyone that can drink a case a week?  The normal size drink at any fast food restaurant is 20 oz and most people won't think twice about refilling it.  With ice, that's close to equaling 3 cans of soda in a single meal!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Atlantix2000 said:

You've seriously never met anyone that can drink a case a week?  The normal size drink at any fast food restaurant is 20 oz and most people won't think twice about refilling it.  With ice, that's close to equaling 3 cans of soda in a single meal!

Agree, Drink 3 per day every day and bring 12 -16.9 Bottles of Diet Dew on board every cruise. Been doing this for 25yrs. Only time didn't was on NCL, ships had a Pepsi Bottle Vending Machine... Do miss days when Soda Pop was free on Royal...

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

On 3/20/2019 at 6:26 PM, bogofman said:

I have never been stopped bringing on soda or even beer cans onboard at Port stops they only seem interested in spirits or wine

I hope you are correct as I've seen conflicting reports on this.  Will find out soon as DW and I are sailing on Grandeur  next week.

On 3/22/2019 at 10:33 AM, JTBCruiser said:

I hope you are correct as I've seen conflicting reports on this.  Will find out soon as DW and I are sailing on Grandeur  next week.

Any beverages brought on-board during port stops is subject being confisicated and stored until the end of the cruise when it will be returned to you.

Having said that.  Back in the day when I drank soda, at each port stop I would bring back a couple of pepsi/diet pepsi's.  I don't like coke and tell the difference.  Once in a while they would look into the bag and see that it was soda and let me pass, other times they didn't even look.  I figured if they did take them, I was only out a couple of bucks.

As others have said they are more interested in alchohol.  As long as they are unopened you should be okay.

On 3/20/2019 at 6:33 PM, A2Mich said:

There is also an option to purchase a 12 pack of cans for your room, but I believe it’s $28 for 12 cans or $15 for 6 cans.

Please tell me more about the option to purchase cans of soda or bottled water for your room.  Is this through the cruise line or a private vendor?

10 minutes ago, cruisecookie said:

Please tell me more about the option to purchase cans of soda or bottled water for your room.  Is this through the cruise line or a private vendor?

Through the cruise line.  See this:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/royalgifts/?icid=hpnvbr_pagehe_ryl_hm_awaren_955

• Like 1