Spa cabin/bid question

sunlover5

We have the opportunity to bid on a spa mini suite.  I have tried to read all about bidding (Sorry new to NCL and our first cruise with them!), but is all you get the location and spa cabin, no passes included??  I read where you do not get the perks with your cabin you bid on.

Just wondering if it is worth it or just bid on the mini suite balcony. 

Thank you very much! (This will be on the Escape)

1 hour ago, sunlover5 said:

We have the opportunity to bid on a spa mini suite.  I have tried to read all about bidding (Sorry new to NCL and our first cruise with them!), but is all you get the location and spa cabin, no passes included??  I read where you do not get the perks with your cabin you bid on. Just wondering if it is worth it or just bid on the mini suite balcony.  Thank you very much! (This will be on the Escape)

You will get a minisuite, Deck 15 Forward (near froward stairwell). The minisuite is about the same size as a balcony, but has a large bathroom, doublewide sink, and full size jetted shower. 

You will get Thermal Suite passes for all in the room ($200 per person value).

You keep your original Free at Sea perks.

You will get upgraded Bvgari bathroom amenities

Room type benefits transfer with the room. When they talk about only receiving your original perks and not being eligible for additional perks, they mean the Free at Sea perks. For example, someone who originally booked a balcony would have received two Free at Sea perks under the current promotion. Someone who originally booked a Haven would receive all five perks under the current promotion. If the balcony occupants upgrade to a Haven via the bid process, they only keep their original two perks. They don't receive all five like they would have if they had booked the Haven directly. However, the people who upgrade from a balcony to the Haven would get all of the benefits of the room type such as butler, concierge, priority boarding, access to the Have sun deck and lounge, etc.

2 hours ago, sunlover5 said:

Thank you for the replies.  Now I am really confused because I called my NCL representative and she said we would not get the spa passes if we bid on it.  ???????????

If you are in a spa cabin, you get spa passes for each adult in the cabin (regardless if you pay or bid upgrade to it). If you’re in a spa cabin, the age is likely 18+. It is younger on small ships. 

Edited by BirdTravels

10 hours ago, sunlover5 said:

Thank you for the replies.  Now I am really confused because I called my NCL representative and she said we would not get the spa passes if we bid on it.  ???????????

We won a bid on a spa mini-suite and we sail on Sunday.  The location of our cabin is close to mid-ship stairs and elevators and we will get free passes to the thermal spa.

I haven't found some of the NCL reps to be very knowledgeable.  Last summer we won a bid on the Gem for a forward facing penthouse suite.  The NCL rep told us we wouldn't get the butler and concierge, but we did.  

20 hours ago, sunlover5 said:

We have the opportunity to bid on a spa mini suite.  I have tried to read all about bidding (Sorry new to NCL and our first cruise with them!), but is all you get the location and spa cabin, no passes included??  I read where you do not get the perks with your cabin you bid on.

Just wondering if it is worth it or just bid on the mini suite balcony. 

Thank you very much! (This will be on the Escape)

The pass to the spa is not a perk, it is included with the cabin. I would however not bid more than the cost of the pass because a mini suite is nothing more than a balcony cabin with a larger bathroom.

I was successful with this strategy in December.

11 hours ago, sunlover5 said:

The NCL rep is wrong.

Everyone in the cabin that is 18 and older gets spa access (it might be 16).