Everything... Norwegian Joy's Westernization 2019!

On 4/2/2019 at 4:34 PM, WMC123 said:

I sail on the inaugural Alaskan trip May 4th. Worried if she’ll be ready in time OR parts of the ship will be inaccessible due to construction. Thanks for all the updates and the pictures. I’ll be sure to leave a review right after the trip. KEEP THE PICS COMING! Haha

Looking forward to it!  Have a great cruise!

On 3/27/2019 at 7:30 PM, La-Z-Guy said:

we are booked for Panama Canal on the Jan 31, 2021 cruise......  I thought we were the only ones booked out that far away.... looks like you have me beat by a few days. LOL. 😃🚢.. Enjoy your trip. We are also traveling with our grown daughters (unless I'm able to get them married off first lol)  in a 2 Bedroom H4 suite.  

We are on that cruise too.  My hubby and I are booked in the Haven for the Jan 31, 2021 Panama Canal.  We are so excited.  

I think they plan it so most of the crews contracts end soon after they arrive on the yard and the new folks show up before they sail. Most of the licensed engineers are probably still on board along with the higher ranking deck officers as well as reps from corporate and ncl port engineers 

Some staff like waiters are on fire watch duty, help with moving furniture, clean cabins etc. Hotel/restaurant staff tends to crew catering in some numbers. But there will be an abundance at a certain point, have seen a lot more of Singapore on crew's Instagram/FB pages since last month hehe.. :classic_biggrin:

On 3/22/2019 at 4:42 PM, CardFanDubG said:

I  agree thanks for the update. Will be on the October 11, 2019 Panama Canal Cruise

We will be on the 2/14/20 Panama Canal Cruise, so can't wait to see how you liked it and any trips you might pass along!

484C337E-50D5-467B-8CAF-BFB3393B4B55.thumb.jpeg.65c6aaae5c7d51bcae9f1e4345b5b92a.jpeg

Here we can finally see the finished exterior look fot the observation lounge. I think that it would’ve been a great idea if they’ve kept the railing and still made use of the balcony space as like observation lounge balcony. Like in the picture below!428479F8-7ECC-4053-90F0-70D57CCAC399.thumb.jpeg.5558a2cd27de7231a72d623457342356.jpeg

27 minutes ago, Corycor said:

I saw someone else mention that on social media. I’m curious is that to continue work, to pick up crew? 

Work on the interior is continuing to Yokohama.  Picking up more contract workers and then on to Seattle.  Hopefully by the time they reach Seattle and all those festivities, all the work will be done.  Then some special cruises and then back to Seattle for Her Alaskan season.  

19 minutes ago, www3traveler said:

Work on the interior is continuing to Yokohama.  Picking up more contract workers and then on to Seattle.  Hopefully by the time they reach Seattle and all those festivities, all the work will be done.  Then some special cruises and then back to Seattle for Her Alaskan season.  

Excited to see interior photos of the changes and then be on board April 26th!