Everything... Norwegian Joy's Westernization 2019!

7 hours ago, CruzinMel said:

I see the Spa on the deck plans, but no Spa Balcony Cabins - are the replaced by the concierge level cabins, and what in the world are those???

Thanks so much for this thread!

The smaller spa doesn’t have a thermal suite, so there are no “spa” staterooms.

Concierge-level rooms have suite-like perks (priority boarding, bfast/lunch in Cagneys, concierge service, etc).  There are also a couple of unique room configurations, including a true 2-bedroom inside cabin that’s a steal on some sailings.

221FFF9C-B362-4656-A38F-96215B55B654.jpeg

Edited by TheDougOut
  • Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 2:04 PM, BirdTravels said:

Poor Joy. Having all of the wonderful Asian touches ripped out and making her a boring western ship. 

I agree!! We wanted to sail on a ship that was built for the Chinese, to experience the Chinese culture, like Chinese restaurant, tea room, and things Chinese, so the Joy would be different ship to the other 3 - Escape, Bliss and Encore.

😞

Edited by bluesea777

2 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

I agree!! We wanted to sail on a ship that was built for the Chinese, to experience the Chinese culture, like Chinese restaurant, tea room, and things Chinese, so the Joy would be different ship to the other 3 - Escape, Bliss and Encore.

😞

Escape is different than any of her Breakaway Plus sister ships.

she's too big to even go thru the new Panama locks because her lifeboats hang over the edge.

the other 3 ships in her class have the lifeboats tucked into the deck and can go thru  panama.

i think ncl should demote the Escape to Breakaway class since the breakaway and getaway also cant go thru the new panama locks because of lifeboats overhang

Edited by fstuff1

6 hours ago, TheDougOut said:

Concierge-level rooms have suite-like perks (priority boarding, bfast/lunch in Cagneys, concierge service, etc).  There are also a couple of unique room configurations, including a true 2-bedroom inside cabin that’s a steal on some sailings.

The thermal spa is my FAVORITE part of NCL, I was hooked after our December 2018 sailing on the Bliss. Next sailing is on Encore in December 2020..

Too bad they are not putting in a thermal spa on the refurbishment. 

11 hours ago, TheDougOut said:

This is the “suite” we have booked for our Panama cruise in Feb 2021. We are sailing with our 2 grown up children , so this is perfect for us although we will miss a balcony. This will be our first family cruise 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tartantiara said:

This is the “suite” we have booked for our Panama cruise in Feb 2021. We are sailing with our 2 grown up children , so this is perfect for us although we will miss a balcony. This will be our first family cruise 

Where do you find this room. Under suites or under insides?

I can't tell so I'm hoping someone else can! Are the lifeboats like they are on the bliss and tucked away to not cause any balcony obstructions? Booking a sail away balcony (nearly $1000 less than the next level and we have a 4 year old with us so not a lot of drinking anyways!) but I'm curious about the obstruction possibility! I know with the Bliss there were no balconies with obstructed views! 

2 hours ago, katmmoore said:

I can't tell so I'm hoping someone else can! Are the lifeboats like they are on the bliss and tucked away to not cause any balcony obstructions? Booking a sail away balcony (nearly $1000 less than the next level and we have a 4 year old with us so not a lot of drinking anyways!) but I'm curious about the obstruction possibility! I know with the Bliss there were no balconies with obstructed views! 

I believe the lifeboats are tucked away, which is why it is able to go through the Panama Canal, 

unlike the other breakaway plus ships 

On 3/26/2019 at 3:15 PM, tartantiara said:

we are booked for Panama Canal on the Jan 31, 2021 cruise......  I thought we were the only ones booked out that far away.... looks like you have me beat by a few days. LOL. 😃🚢.. Enjoy your trip. We are also traveling with our grown daughters (unless I'm able to get them married off first lol)  in a 2 Bedroom H4 suite.  

Edited by La-Z-Guy

8 minutes ago, Teacherloves2Cruise said:

I am obsessed with trying to find more dry dock photos. Anyone having any luck finding more interior and pool deck? 

Everything I've seen is uploaded here, see lots of employees going out at night to chill. There hasn't been much activity from people that I've found for a few days...hopefully we get something soon.

• Like 2

On 3/26/2019 at 6:42 PM, TheDougOut said:

Us as well--Mexican Riviera, March 2020. Will be our first suite, first inside as well, so hope we like it!

On 3/23/2019 at 4:59 AM, Teacherloves2Cruise said:

I love this thread. I will be on board the US Inaugural beginning on April 26 and am getting so excited! 

I have seen most of these pictures in various Instagram accounts. I am wondering if when folks share the photos here they have the photographer’s permission or could at least credit them? I certainly will if I find anything that hasn’t already been shared here. 

I will be on her for the one night event on the 29th. I am also excited to be on the Joy. What is your itinerary for the 26th sailing?

2 hours ago, Corycor said:

Any clue if they are going to repaint it? 

All of Norwegian's promotions for it show it with the same hull art.  The only potential modification is the removal of Chinese characters from the ship name and logos.

• Like 1