First Platinum Cruise

vicky3vicky

This will be our first platinum cruise [ journey Breeze November2] and I keep hearing questions about the current platinum gift. I am sure it will be a new gift by the time that we cruise, but I am curious, what are some of the best [and worst] potential gifts? 

Also, my husband is in the fairly early stages of Alzheimers. We are doing many things to keep him happy and to keep his mind as clear as possible and his body as healthy as possible for as long as we can. In my research I discovered that some people are learning ballroom dancing, particularly the waltz[ the easiest] as it can actually open new neuropaths [or something like that, not sure, just recommended] So, we are struggling to learn the waltz. Neither of us are even remotely good at it, but truth to tell, he seems to have "caught on" more than I have. We were wondering if there would be any times where we could practice on the cruise ship.

Best gift i received was a Nike Golf cap on my first plat cruise. The worst i still do not know what it is. Someone told me it had something to do with bluetooth. Oval type thing. no instructions as to what it is. 

57 minutes ago, jmcathome said:

Best gift i received was a Nike Golf cap on my first plat cruise. The worst i still do not know what it is. Someone told me it had something to do with bluetooth. Oval type thing. no instructions as to what it is. 

It is a bluetooth speaker

7 hours ago, vicky3vicky said:

This will be our first platinum cruise [ journey Breeze November2] and I keep hearing questions about the current platinum gift. I am sure it will be a new gift by the time that we cruise, but I am curious, what are some of the best [and worst] potential gifts? 

Also, my husband is in the fairly early stages of Alzheimers. We are doing many things to keep him happy and to keep his mind as clear as possible and his body as healthy as possible for as long as we can. In my research I discovered that some people are learning ballroom dancing, particularly the waltz[ the easiest] as it can actually open new neuropaths [or something like that, not sure, just recommended] So, we are struggling to learn the waltz. Neither of us are even remotely good at it, but truth to tell, he seems to have "caught on" more than I have. We were wondering if there would be any times where we could practice on the cruise ship.

You can definitely dance at the Platinum/Diamond Reunion party.  There will be both music and dance area,

16 hours ago, jmcathome said:

No offense but this is kind of hilarious. That's a bluetooth speaker

Edited by hotsauce126
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, vicky3vicky said:

We were wondering if there would be any times where we could practice on the cruise ship.

I would think basically in any of the clubs during the daytime when not in use.    Get you one of those Bluetooth speakers and pair it with your phone so you can use the music you may have already save on your phone.

As for Platinum's / Diamond gifts ,that's what they are, gifts.   Easy enough to pass them along to our Grand Kids or friends.  Enjoy that dance !

17 hours ago, jmcathome said:

See I’d rather a Bluetooth speaker than a hat. If you have a smart phone you can pair it with that speaker to listen to your music. Or if you have grandkids you can give it to them. They’ll know how to use it.

43 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

See I’d rather a Bluetooth speaker than a hat. If you have a smart phone you can pair it with that speaker to listen to your music. Or if you have grandkids you can give it to them. They’ll know how to use it.

No grandkids. Do not have music on my phone. I do have a head though LOL. I know different people will like different things. Instructions on what is is would help

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jmcathome said:

whats a bluetooth and do you need a dentist to take care of it

I had a few things turn Blue in my younger days,  quite sure the dentist couldn't solve that problem though .😵

• Haha 1