Faster to the Fun

Spcdlee

7 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

last year we bought a set of those luggage tag sleeves from Amazon. Much easier to deal with. I think they were less than $7 for an 8-pack. 

I bought ours four or five cruises ago and they are great.  When I print off the tags, I cut the two outside thirds off, fold them and put them in the sleeves.  Then I put them in the carry on that I take on the plane.  When I get to the hotel the day before the cruise, I put them on the check in luggage then.  Don't need a stapler or tape.  Well worth the little money that they cost if you plane on cruising quite often.

7 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

For FTTF folks, the luggage tag you print from your Carnival account will be a different color than general boarding tags and has the round FTTF logo on it (or at least ours did last year). Speaking of luggage tags, I've covered them in clear packing tape in the past just to make them a bit stronger and in case they got wet, but last year we bought a set of those luggage tag sleeves from Amazon. Much easier to deal with. I think they were less than $7 for an 8-pack. What I really like are the metal straps that these use to attach to luggage. Nice and secure. Some people don't do anything special at all, but I was paranoid they'd get torn off with the way they handle the luggage.

Make sure you print your luggage tags AFTER you purchase FTTF so they have the right destination on them. 

I was always worried they get torn off too. We purchased those see through luggage tags for our last trip with the whole family. It made it much easier than having to tape tags for 6 peoples luggage. Well worth the price. 

• Like 1

On 3/26/2019 at 3:54 PM, mpdog42 said:

You didn't search too hard as there are 100's of threads on FTTF 🙄, Just ask how to do a proper search

Thanks

Mike

Ok, how do I do a proper search because nothing comes up in the search bar for FTTF?  I also have two other questions, should the boarding pass list FTTF?  Someone mentioned going through the closed doors to the cabins, is that what you do? Just purchased it and the luggage tags have the logo at the bottom but nothing on the boarding pass.

Thanks in advance 

Hey KimPossible1 - First, I have also purchased FTTF for the first time and it has been a while since I cruised.  I have learned something every time someone asks a question. Example, I was not sure how the tender in Cayman would work either.  Sometimes the topic is deceiving.  I am not sure about the "proper search" but here is what works for me.

• Enter FTTF in the Search field
  • Choose "Topics"
  • Click the Search icon -
    • This is important one... go back and click on the magnifying search icon to perform the search.  I wasn't doing that for a while and would not get good results. 

This works for me.  Hope it helps and that you have a great cruise. 

FTTF pic.jpg

30 minutes ago, KimPossible1 said:

Ok, how do I do a proper search because nothing comes up in the search bar for FTTF?  I also have two other questions, should the boarding pass list FTTF?  Someone mentioned going through the closed doors to the cabins, is that what you do? Just purchased it and the luggage tags have the logo at the bottom but nothing on the boarding pass.

Thanks in advance 

It's been so long I don't recall for sure it was on there but I seem to recall that they wouldn't let us in the door earlier than are allotted time to arrive until they looked at our boarding pass and verified we had FTTF. It is usually just a logo I seem to recall it being red? Sorry to be so vague but its been so long and I didn't save the paperwork.

Edited by cloudninecat
correction

Thanks for the help with the search, I was searching on the big search at the top, not the little search.  I don't see the FTTF on the boarding pass but it is on the luggage tags, so I'll just keep the receipt for FTTF on the top 🙂

Thanks again!!

15 minutes ago, KimPossible1 said:

Thanks for the help with the search, I was searching on the big search at the top, not the little search.  I don't see the FTTF on the boarding pass but it is on the luggage tags, so I'll just keep the receipt for FTTF on the top 🙂

Thanks again!!

Not just you, the new search features is not very intuitive! 

• Like 1

Hi Spcdlee ☺️

I just wanted to drop some helpful Faster To The Fun information. I hope you have a terrific voyage!

Faster To The Fun info @: 

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1374/~/faster-to-the-fun-(fttf)

Faster To The Fun Questions & Answers @:

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3470

Faster To The Fun Orange Luggage Sticker that a porter will attach to your luggage upon arrival at your cruise terminal.

4daf3c20-742c-4177-9159-fcc676561769-ori

🌴

Edited by PortSideCruzan

46 minutes ago, KimPossible1 said:

I don't see the FTTF on the boarding pass but it is on the luggage tags, so I'll just keep the receipt for FTTF on the top 🙂

Hi Kim ☺️

Did you complete your online check-in prior to purchasing Faster To The Fun? Passengers who completed their Online Check-in prior to purchasing the FTTF package, will need to re-print their boarding pass & luggage tags so the FTTF stamp reflects on the documents.

I realize the FTTF is on your luggage tags, however, re-print your boarding pass & see if the Faster To The Fun logo stamp is on there now.

🌴

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PortSideCruzan said:

Hi Kim ☺️

Did you complete your online check-in prior to purchasing Faster To The Fun? Passengers who completed their Online Check-in prior to purchasing the FTTF package, will need to re-print their boarding pass & luggage tags so the FTTF stamp reflects on the documents.

I realize the FTTF is on your luggage tags, however, re-print your boarding pass & see if the Faster To The Fun logo stamp is on there now.

🌴

Yes I reprinted everything and it is not on the boarding pass but it is listed as a shore excursion and on the luggage tags.

1 hour ago, KimPossible1 said:

Thanks in advance 

I don't remember if FTTF was on the boarding pass, either, but I don't think it was. In Miami last year, there was someone outside directing the FTTF folks which line to get in. If anyone questions whether or not you're in the right place, and if the boarding passes don't show FTTF, your luggage tags definitely do.

58 minutes ago, PortSideCruzan said:

Faster To The Fun Orange Luggage Sticker that a porter will attach to your luggage upon arrival at your cruise terminal.

Some people are reporting that porters (at least at some ports) don't put the orange tape on the luggage anymore for FTTF. One person said the porter specifically told them Carnival doesn't have them do that anymore. Your mileage may vary, but don't be surprised if they don't do it.

I sent an email to Carnival Cruise today and I attached a photo of the orange FTTF tag pictured above.  My question to Carnival  - are the porters supposed to put on the orange tags for FTTF at the port of Tampa?  

As soon as I receive a response, I will post it.

On 4/1/2019 at 1:26 PM, KimPossible1 said:

Thanks again!!

I always print an extra luggage tag to put on my carry on, pack pack, whatever you carry on. The luggage tag will have FTTF on it that you can show them if you are stopped when you start down the hall to your cabin. 

On 4/1/2019 at 4:58 PM, eccentricfang said:

This is the top left corner of my boarding pass...FTTF is indeed on there. 

image.png.3917007429d7ab7d5f340dbcd5ce12e2.png

Thanks so much!!  I stared at both boarding passes and did not see any difference, but after you posted your pic, I looked again and mine has it on too.  I was never good with the Highlights spot the difference pictures LOL!   Thanks again!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/1/2019 at 2:47 PM, PortSideCruzan said:

Hi Spcdlee ☺️

I just wanted to drop some helpful Faster To The Fun information. I hope you have a terrific voyage!

Faster To The Fun info @: 

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1374/~/faster-to-the-fun-(fttf)

Faster To The Fun Questions & Answers @:

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3470

🌴

We try to purchase FTTF for every cruise.  Funny, I've never noticed the orange tape.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2019 at 9:52 PM, Spcdlee said:

I have searched and searched and can’t find anything dealing solely with FTTF.  We are first time cruisers and decided to do the FTTF.  There are some things I’ve been able to find out but still have questions.  We are on Paradise sailing from Tampa in July.  The main reasons we did was so we could go straight to our room and the priority tender in Grand Cayman.  But what I can’t find is what to expect the day we leave and what to expect when we tender in Grand Cayman.  Anyone with past experience that could give insight I’d appreciate it greatly!!

Those are great reasons but not necessary.  Rooms are usually ready by 1:00 anyway.  Unless you just need to get to your room, it's very common for people to check with bags and have a carry on bag (I carry a large purse or backpack with meds and makeup, just in case suitcases aren't there before dinner).  Keep in mind that if you take a Carnival excursion, you will have priority tendering anyway in Cayman.  I have never bought FTTF, I have considered it for early disembarkation, in case of any early flight.  I would prefer to save the money but I'm notoriously cheap. 🙂

34 minutes ago, LuckyStar said:

Those are great reasons but not necessary.  Rooms are usually ready by 1:00 anyway.  Unless you just need to get to your room, it's very common for people to check with bags and have a carry on bag (I carry a large purse or backpack with meds and makeup, just in case suitcases aren't there before dinner).  Keep in mind that if you take a Carnival excursion, you will have priority tendering anyway in Cayman.  I have never bought FTTF, I have considered it for early disembarkation, in case of any early flight.  I would prefer to save the money but I'm notoriously cheap. 🙂

Yeah I really only get it if there's a tender port (ex. my cruise in has two, so I snapped it up for that as soon as I booked). At the old $50 price it was worth it to me to have the extra hour or two on the ship and have the room ready and all of that, but not for $90. I almost never go to guest services and drive to the port unless I'm leaving from the west coast so the other features are irrelevant to me. It kind of seems like its mostly the hype/rarity of FTTF on cruise forums and facebook groups makes people go crazy for it

The value of FTTF is subjective. Different people find it worth it for different reasons. Or not. We got it last year for the first time (granted, at the old lower price) and priority boarding, immediate cabin access, and the priority line at GS made it well worth it to me. Whether or not it’s worth the new price is something we’ve thought about, but we’re still thinking we’d like to get it for our cruise next year. Different circumstances bring up new things to consider.

I don’t think it’s about internet hype at all. Especially when it comes to CC. Opinions on this forum vary greatly and a lot of people publicly voice their negativity against it. I don’t think too many people are going to spend that kind of money on it just because someone says, “It’s awesome, do it!” From what I’ve seen, I think most people who don’t already know learn what it gets you, read about experiences from those who use it, then weigh the pros & cons to determine for themselves.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2019 at 6:05 AM, Organized Chaos said:

The value of FTTF is subjective. Different people find it worth it for different reasons. Or not. We got it last year for the first time (granted, at the old lower price) and priority boarding, immediate cabin access, and the priority line at GS made it well worth it to me. Whether or not it’s worth the new price is something we’ve thought about, but we’re still thinking we’d like to get it for our cruise next year. Different circumstances bring up new things to consider.

I don’t think it’s about internet hype at all. Especially when it comes to CC. Opinions on this forum vary greatly and a lot of people publicly voice their negativity against it. I don’t think too many people are going to spend that kind of money on it just because someone says, “It’s awesome, do it!” From what I’ve seen, I think most people who don’t already know learn what it gets you, read about experiences from those who use it, then weigh the pros & cons to determine for themselves.

I think in the past FTTF was more attractive when the price was lower and there were no check-in appointment time windows. With the current higher price and check-in appointment windows, I think FTTF is less attractive (I know there are other benefits to FTTF).  Like you mentioned FTTF is very subjective, but I know a lot of people on this site love it. As a Platinum I don’t have to worry about it, but I doubt I would buy FTTF these days  

2 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I think in the past FTTF was more attractive when the price was lower and there were no check-in appointment time windows. With the current higher price and check-in appointment windows, I think FTTF is less attractive (I know there are other benefits to FTTF).  Like you mentioned FTTF is very subjective, but I know a lot of people on this site love it. As a Platinum I don’t have to worry about it, but I doubt I would buy FTTF these days  

I still see a benefit to having it, even with staggered check-ins. Because, just like P/D, FTTF is allowed to check-in earlier than the time you choose online. If you want an earlier time slot but don't happen to get it, you're covered. I read about a lot of people who are rushing to choose the earliest time possible, some doing it at midnight when they open, but with FTTF that's not as crucial.

The price hike was a big disappointment, that's for sure. First we said no way, then we said we'd think about it. We're going on Horizon next year, so to make things worse, Carnival charges an extra $20 for Horizon FTTF. But we can get 10% off of FTTF by using the discount gift cards or my wife's Carnival MasterCard, so at least that'll bring it down closer to the other ships. Like I said, different circumstances come with new considerations. A bigger ship with more people...we'd kind of like to have priority boarding. And that priority GS line. I used that 2 or 3 times last year, it was nice. We'll be cruising with two members of my wife's family who are Platinum, so it'd be nice to board together without asking them to wait for us. And I loved having immediate cabin access. We've dragged our carry-ons to lunch on Lido before and, even though it wasn't the worst thing in the world, it was sure nice not having to do it with FTTF. The rate hikes will more than likely continue considering how popular it is, so there will be a time when we say absolutely not.

Our first cruise together was last October on the Victory and we did get the faster to the fun.  I can't with any certainty with regards to the orange tape.  I do know that all our tags and boarding passes had the FTTF logo clearly printed on them.  It does seem like we had tags like the orange one in the picture posted by PortSideCruzan.  It's even possible that is still on my luggage.  As I haven't cruised without FTTF I can't compare cruising with it to without it.   Like many things on a cruise it can be subjective.  Some will say it's totally worth it and would never not get it (at least till they reached the status where those perks are earned).  Some will say it's a total waste of money.   For us we felt it was worth it.  We liked arriving at the Miami Port and having a special entrance, and being able to skip the wait/lines and were on the ship within 30 min of arriving at the port.  We liked being able to stop by our room, have our cards and drop our bags off and go off and eat and explore.  Priority access to customer service was also nice.  One time we had a guy behind us in the priority line waving his platinum card, we just laughed as we talked to customer service.  Being on the tinder boats early for Half Moon Cay was great as well as being able to get off the ship early on debarkation day.  We personally feel it's worth it and will get it on our upcoming cruise. I feel like it's worth trying once.  But really asking others and researching what you get with it will help in deciding it's worth it to you.  Essentially you are paying for some of the loyalty perks that diamond and platinum cruisers get.