CCL way down today ! Time to buy for OBC ?

MCC retired

1 hour ago, n6uqqq said:

I know I can buy the stock, but owning it within my IRA is what I prefer and I have looked around a bit to see if Vanguard allows that but have not found a yes answer. So I will call to find out.

They do. That's who I use and how I bought mine

1 hour ago, n6uqqq said:

I know I can buy the stock, but owning it within my IRA is what I prefer and I have looked around a bit to see if Vanguard allows that but have not found a yes answer. So I will call to find out.

Is your Vanguard account set up for mutual funds only?  If  yes, then you need an alternate way to buy CCL.

If your Vanguard account is a "brokerage" account then most likely you can buy CCL.

I started out, while working, with a mutual fund only account...I could select certain mutual funds.  After I retired I had total control of my account, so I converted it (no charge) to a brokerage account....still an IRA...wherein I can buy and sell CCL or whatever I want.

50 minutes ago, thinfool said:

Is your Vanguard account set up for mutual funds only?  If  yes, then you need an alternate way to buy CCL.

If your Vanguard account is a "brokerage" account then most likely you can buy CCL.

I started out, while working, with a mutual fund only account...I could select certain mutual funds.  After I retired I had total control of my account, so I converted it (no charge) to a brokerage account....still an IRA...wherein I can buy and sell CCL or whatever I want.

Just a garden variety IRA. If i convert to brokerage acct can I still have their mutual funds also?

12 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

Just a garden variety IRA. If i convert to brokerage acct can I still have their mutual funds also?

While I am inclined to say yes, I would defer to Vanguard...call and ask, they are very helpful.

The stock isn't really way down, I think it has been this price within the last 6 months. There's also an inverse yield curve which is one indicator of an impending recession in the US economy. I think President Trump will prevent it but if we do hit recession, the stock is going to be one of the first ones to tank.

But enjoy that OBC I guess 🤣🤣🤣

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 5:14 PM, lottiegreen56 said:

The stock isn't really way down, I think it has been this price within the last 6 months. There's also an inverse yield curve which is one indicator of an impending recession in the US economy. I think President Trump will prevent it but if we do hit recession, the stock is going to be one of the first ones to tank.

But enjoy that OBC I guess 🤣🤣🤣

That is great advice.  Buy Carnival stock for the dividends and OBC.