Changing Reservation from agency to Celebrity

malony33

Hi, Fellow Cruisers,

Has anybody ever switched, or tried to switch, your reservation from the agency with whom you

booked the cruise in the first place, directly to Celebrity itself? I spoke to a rep from the cruise

line last night, tho' she was not in the appropriate office to deal with the issue; she said that it can

be done within the first 60 days after the reservation was made. After that, the cruise agency could

say no. 

If you have any experience or knowledge in this situation, would you give me your two cents?

realize the agency would lose the money they stood to make from my booking, so I'm not stupid

and  expect them to deny my request. BTW, I made the reservation in early December, so the 60

days have come and gone.

Thanks to all for your thoughts, opinions, and experiences.

Edited by malony33

First, if possible could you choose a different font for your posting. It is very difficult to read the script font because it is so thin and pale. Second, yes people have been successful in taking a reservation away from a travel agent and giving to Celebrity. You do have to provide a reason. Recently there was quite a problem with a travel agent who had become unresponsive and many customers complained about this particular agency, eventually Celebrity was able to take over all of those reservations. I think you have to be persistent And insistent but it can be done

• Like 1

The 60 day time limit is to move a reservation from X to an agency, there is no direct path to do the opposite.  That being said, if the agency is not correctly servicing the client (you in this case) and you can prove it to X, they will first try to get the service level to improve and if not possible take the reservation from the agency.   Hopefully you have been documenting the issues you have had with the agency to provide X with reason to take the reservation away.

Steve

29 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

First, if possible could you choose a different font for your posting. It is very difficult to read the script font because it is so thin and pale.

Wholeheartedly agree, and it's easily possible.  Just reverse what you did to get that font.  Frankly I stop reading posts with these kinds of settings after the first sentence.  Sorry, OP.

Agree that font is very difficult to read.

in response to the OPs question, yes it is possible however not  without a very valid reason.  I was successful with getting a reservation moved from an agency to X however it took a number of emails, calls and documentation on my part of the agency’s   mishandling, and erroneous charges added to my booking. 

So sorry about the font; it shows up very clearly on my

end.

Thank you for your responses; I learned so much from

them. Nothing is ever easy when it involves money, and

I certainly understand that. Your info will save me a lot of time and agita.

Happy future cruising!!😎

It's a known problem on this particular board since the software switchover.  As I understand it, on devices that do not have Comic Sans installed, it renders as a different font.  For whatever reason, the software that runs this site chooses particularly bad fonts for the render.  It primarily affects those on mobile devices.  On an iPad it's practically unreadable.  People have suggested fixes to the PTB, but so far no fix has been rolled out, so those who use mobile devices just have to beg others to not use it if they want their posts read.  At this point, it's a courtesy to comply unless you want to get yelled at constantly.