Best Place to Take Photos Grand Turk

jandlcruise

Well there's NOT much "scenery", the island is fairly flat, you can probably see most of it from the top deck of your ship.  But either a tram tour or a tour via a taxi will get you around the island and any photo ops you may desire.  Lighthouse, downtown Cockburntown and Salt Works are your best bets.  Governors Beach for beach photos (but no facilities so no real reason to hang around). 

I can't put my hands on them right now (pre- everythingondigital) , but there are some beautiful and dramatic photos of the sea to be taken from the lighthouse. You can't climb up in the lighthouse, but walk to the cliff edge and it is lovely. 

There are also cute donkeys up there, if that's your thing, and flamingos at the salt flat. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Why not rent a golf cart and go out exploring and see what you can find? We did this once and had a blast. You can drive all the way up to the lighthouse and get some pictures (they have donkeys there...and everywhere on the island) and there are paths to follow that go down to the water in areas (just make sure you don't go too far where the sand starts or you'll get stuck) and then there's all the beaches as well. 

I love photography and can find a pictures opportunity anywhere I go... even if it's only of the water LOL

P3280266%20copy-L.jpg

P3280273%20copy-L.jpg

P3280257%20copy-L.jpg

P3280191%20copy-L.jpg

LOL....like I said I'll take ANY opportunity 

P3270120%20copy-M.jpg

P3270074%20copy-M.jpg

P3270061%20copy-M.jpg

P3270048%20copy-M.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/15/2019 at 9:40 PM, brookeq said:

Governors beach will be less crowded.  Maybe no people at all.

Also when you get off the ship head to the right.   You can get a good photo of the ship with the water.   

Thanks!!

On 4/5/2019 at 8:22 AM, jandlcruise said:

The lighthouse sounds beautiful- I will want to check it out for sure!

We did a tour of the island and when we got to the lighthouse a group of donkeys came over looking for food. Donkeys are protected, they roam the island freely. The residents have to close the gates to their homes or the donkeys will cause damage to the property. As for the overall tour, we enjoyed it.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...