MS Oosterdam in Port Everglades, March 30, 2019

rafinmd

I hope Kathi is ok and just busy, she hasn't been on Cruise Critic since Wednesday.  The Oosterdam has arrived in Fort Lauderdale and will presumably be leaving at 1700.  She came in just a few minutes ago.  I hope someone will fill in the other details.

ooftl.JPG.10d05b24640fcc9f64855f2dd96ea3f4.JPG

The webcams are at:

https://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/

and

https://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com/

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
Fix webcam link
  • Like 1

Thanks for starting the thread, Roy.

Oh dear, I hope nothing is wrong with Kathi.  It's not like her to miss posting a sail a way thread.

Sorry to hear you spent the day at the hospital yesterday, Yonnie.  Hope all is ok with you now.

The Oosterdam is doing a 7-day Eastern Caribbean and a 14-day Eastern/Tropical Caribbean.

Next up is the Zuiderdam and Nieuw Statendam (3 weeks before I sail) and the Rotterdam in Tampa.

For the addicts the Koningsdam is in St. Maarten due to leave at 16:00 (Now that the US is on daylight savings time their clock is the same as FTL).

Roy

Here are the sailaway times as of 1230...

Caribbean Princess 1600

Carnival Conquest 1600

Celebrity Infinity 1600

Island Princess 1600

Majesty of the Seas 1600

Oosterdam 1645

Adventure of the Seas 1730

Just now, Scrapnana said:

So sorry - I totally forgot!😱  I need to be careful or you may rescind my official "Sail-Away Addicts" card.  

I am now going to post tomorrow's sail-away before I forget that!

I figured you lost track because of settling back in at home. Glad to see it's only 'old age' troubles - I should know. 😄

33 minutes ago, Scrapnana said:

So sorry - I totally forgot!😱  I need to be careful or you may rescind my official "Sail-Away Addicts" card.  

Just glad you're OK.  I was concerned when I saw you hadn't been on Cruise Critic at all since Wednesday.

Roy

41 minutes ago, Scrapnana said:

No one will every take away your official “Sail Away Addicts” card 😉 

No worries - we are all just glad that you are ok.

34 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Just glad you're OK.  I was concerned when I saw you hadn't been on Cruise Critic at all since Wednesday.

Roy

I didn't realize I hadn't been on.  When I got home my car's alternator died (Tuesday) so my car was in the shop overnight. I have been washing machine shopping (on Wednesday and Thursday) and it was delivered yesterday.  However, the one I bought was designed to plug into the matching dryer (which I did not need) so the delivery men put it back into the truck before it ever got in my house.  The service men went above and beyond, called around the different area Best Buy stores, found a similar model at the same price, went and picked it up, came back and installed it and I have been doing laundry ever since.  I need a cruise!😩

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Scrapnana said:

I didn't realize I hadn't been on.  When I got home my car's alternator died (Tuesday) so my car was in the shop overnight. I have been washing machine shopping (on Wednesday and Thursday) and it was delivered yesterday.  However, the one I bought was designed to plug into the matching dryer (which I did not need) so the delivery men put it back into the truck before it ever got in my house.  The service men went above and beyond, called around the different area Best Buy stores, found a similar model at the same price, went and picked it up, came back and installed it and I have been doing laundry ever since.  I need a cruise!😩

So it wasn't old age readjustment, it was 'the completely disrupted schedule blues'. Hope everything starts calming down for you, you do need to recover from your cruise. 😄

• Like 1

Checking In

We are hanging in there.  I came down with the flu on Tuesday and DH got it on Wednesday.  DH got upset with the way the tree men topped a couple of our trees -- his dementia was showing up.  Got medications to fight the flu and I had a hard time getting DH to follow instructions.  I was diagnosed with diabetes 17 years ago and never had a problem until the middle of the night -- actually around 2 AM Friday morning.  DH is confused on times and what happened -- I was already unconscious.  He called the paramedics at 6 AM and they got me to come around at 6:30 and it was off to the hospital as I was hypoglycemia with a sugar level of 41.  Seem to be doing okay now.

11 minutes ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

Checking In

We are hanging in there.  I came down with the flu on Tuesday and DH got it on Wednesday.  DH got upset with the way the tree men topped a couple of our trees -- his dementia was showing up.  Got medications to fight the flu and I had a hard time getting DH to follow instructions.  I was diagnosed with diabetes 17 years ago and never had a problem until the middle of the night -- actually around 2 AM Friday morning.  DH is confused on times and what happened -- I was already unconscious.  He called the paramedics at 6 AM and they got me to come around at 6:30 and it was off to the hospital as I was hypoglycemia with a sugar level of 41.  Seem to be doing okay now.

Oh my heavens, KK.

How scary!

Glad you are doing ok now.

Kathi, Glad you were just busy with everything and are OK.  Too bad about needing a new wash machine just as you get back.  I can't imagine how much laundry you would have after a long cruise.  I complain about the laundry after a short one.  

KK, Glad you and your DH are both OK.  That flue can really knock a person down quickly.  My brother is also Hypoglycemic and has to watch his blood sugar levels too so they don't get too low.  I unfortunately am hyperglycemic so I have to make sure mine don't get too high.  Hope you feel good enough to join us today for the sailaway.

22 minutes ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

We are hanging in there.  I came down with the flu on Tuesday and DH got it on Wednesday.  

Sorry to hear that. I hope you are on the mend.