Advice on Price

I'm looking at a Navigator of the Seas 4 day cruise in May. It looks like there is a March promotion that has gratuities and $150 OBC.  Do you think the price will go down in April or May?  There are about 10 staterooms or more available in a Junior Suite which is what we choose.  I'm not sure if I should book tomorrow or wait. We live by the port so airfare is no problem. Has anyone waited until the last minute and gotten really great deals? 

1 hour ago, Carol28 said:

I'm looking at a Navigator of the Seas 4 day cruise in May. It looks like there is a March promotion that has gratuities and $150 OBC.  Do you think the price will go down in April or May?  There are about 10 staterooms or more available in a Junior Suite which is what we choose.  I'm not sure if I should book tomorrow or wait. We live by the port so airfare is no problem. Has anyone waited until the last minute and gotten really great deals? 

Free Gratuities are worth $58 per person and you say you will get $75 per person OBC. That's $133 per person worth of value.

Chances are that if an offer next month for a JS priced $133 per person less than the current pricing comes up, it won't be combineable with free gratuities and $150 OBC.

I would book it now.

3 hours ago, Canadian Disney Mom said:

OP, where are you seeing a free grat promo?  Is it through a TA?  I am not seeing anything on the RCL site.

Thanks!

Jess

It was in a quote from a TA that I got on *****.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, papaflamingo said:

If you wait you run the risk of prices rising or it selling out.  If you find a price you like, book it.  

I agree, but I'm experimenting.  We would like to go, but don't have to go.  So, I want to see what happens to the price out of curiosity. We usually plan a year in advance. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AdGuyMG said:

Free Gratuities are worth $58 per person and you say you will get $75 per person OBC. That's $133 per person worth of value.

Chances are that if an offer next month for a JS priced $133 per person less than the current pricing comes up, it won't be combineable with free gratuities and $150 OBC.

I would book it now.

I love the way you think. That makes perfect sense!

3 minutes ago, Carol28 said:

I agree, but I'm experimenting.  We would like to go, but don't have to go.  So, I want to see what happens to the price out of curiosity. We usually plan a year in advance. 

As long as you're willing to not go on the cruise, then waiting is no problem.  

8 minutes ago, Carol28 said:

I keep saying we're going to experiment,  but somehow I now have two cruises 600+ days from now. 🤔

• Like 2

FYI - So, we decided to book. We used RCCl. We were told that we could transfer our booking to a TA if we chose or if the rate went down, we could get the better deal.  I didn't realize that.  THEN, the agent said that there is a Friends and Family offer. Well, I got right on that. So, we got a great deal. And, the cruise went up $200 today. We are HAPPY!

I'm not sure it all that info is allowed on this site. I'm sorry if I broke a rule.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Carol28 said:

FYI - So, we decided to book. We used RCCl. We were told that we could transfer our booking to a TA if we chose or if the rate went down, we could get the better deal.  I didn't realize that.  THEN, the agent said that there is a Friends and Family offer. Well, I got right on that. So, we got a great deal. And, the cruise went up $200 today. We are HAPPY!

I'm not sure it all that info is allowed on this site. I'm sorry if I broke a rule.

Good for you!  Always pay attention when you're at month end as many promotions/prices seem to change at the start of a new month!

I always want to experiment too but never risk it when I think I've found a great deal!

44 minutes ago, Carol28 said:

You were told wrong, RCI has a habit of doing that. The cruise is past final payment date. Prior to final payment date you are eligible for the lower price, after final payment date, you will not be able to get it.

50 minutes ago, Carol28 said:

You only have 60 days to transfer a booking to a TA and it can not be paid in full.  I am assuming since your cruise is already after final payment date that you have already paid it in full

7 minutes ago, molly361 said:

You only have 60 days to transfer a booking to a TA and it can not be paid in full.  I am assuming since your cruise is already after final payment date that you have already paid it in full

It makes you wonder how many new cruisers fall for the CSR bullsh*t and then get stuck with something they weren't expecting. The agent told them could transfer to a TA, AND get the price drop if one happened. Both of those statements are false.

RCI's ineptness never ceases to amaze me.

• Like 1