Confusing New Princess Website

cruzsnooze

I haven't seen this site at all. I tend to access the princess site via a bookmark that simply goes to http://www.princess.com/

It's been business as usual for me except for a couple of days last week when the site seemed to be messed up but I have never seen anything like what is referenced above.

38 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

Thank you for posting this. I could'nt figure out how to do it to explain what I was seeing.

Now you click on one of the destination boxes and then have to click on each indiviual date whereas before you could see several dates and prices. It's not user friendly like the old site which apparently is getting updated.

Are you still being directed to PrincesscruisesLTDUS/Princesscruises.com as you noted in post 12?

As I noted in post 13, www.princesscruisesLTDUS is not a recognized website (still) and tonight when I enter www.princesscruises.com I'm automatically directed to www.princess.com and the old 'plan a cruise' feature.  I'm not complaining, that new format is a major step back.

Edited by capriccio

3 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

Thank you for posting this. I could'nt figure out how to do it to explain what I was seeing.

Now you click on one of the destination boxes and then have to click on each indiviual date whereas before you could see several dates and prices. It's not user friendly like the old site which apparently is getting updated.

Also much harder to see what might be available for specific months when you do not have a destination or ship in mind. For example, all cruises available in June 2019.

This design is another case of "what looks pretty" instead of "what is useful."

9 hours ago, Thrak said:

I haven't seen this site at all. I tend to access the princess site via a bookmark that simply goes to http://www.princess.com/

It's been business as usual for me except for a couple of days last week when the site seemed to be messed up but I have never seen anything like what is referenced above.

I am also going to https://www.princess.com/ .  I don't know why, but I get the "new" site on my home computer (and I really, really wish that I didn't).  Using the same website address I get the "old" site on my ipad and work computer.  The people that are seeing the new site are not doing anything different than the people who see the old site.  If I knew why it was happening - I'd try to fix it.  

I get the same old site no matter what device I am on (ipad; iphone; laptop; desktop) and no matter whether I use a bookmark or type in princess .com.  I cannot see what others are seeing that they say is new. I use Chrome.

Just tried it on Microsoft Edge and found the new site. On Internet Explorer I found the old site.

Edited by famski740

On 4/2/2019 at 6:04 PM, cruzsnooze said:

Snorkelboy

You posted the old good site. The new site has rows of pictures that state the destination, no drop down boxes anymore.

Thanks I'm new to Princess so didn't know.  But isn't bizzarre that some get the old site and some the new site.

Dave

The “click on photo of destination” site showed up for me sometime last year.  It is awful.  Surprisingly, it has recently been back to the old format and it didn’t register on me until just now!  I hope it stays that way!