Cheers package

Am I correct that our family of 5, 2 adults and a 20, 13 and 11 yo, would only have to purchase the package for the 2 adults (21 and over)?  And for a 5 night, for 2 adults the package would be about $300 each?

Also, I recently read about not adding the drink pkg when booking and watching the price as it changes up to sail date..I had not heard of this before.  If we are doing a last minute cruise, how late could I add the pkg?  Also, if I have an agent, can I still check the prices myself?  And what is considered the best "deal" or a good price?

Thx

the price of the cheers package does not change.  The only difference you will see is if you buy it when you get on Board, it is more expensive than if you buy it ahead of time online.  It does not fluctuate and there are no "sales" for the cheers package.

• Like 1

In the breakdown you stated you would only need 2 packages, for the 21 and older.   Cheer! is cheaper before you board than on board but there  are no sales per say.  You could pay with a 10% off gift card as we do and save that way.  

Edited by Caps_Shield
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, petuniaflower said:

Also, I recently read about not adding the drink pkg when booking and watching the price as it changes up to sail date..I had not heard of this before.  If we are doing a last minute cruise, how late could I add the pkg?  Also, if I have an agent, can I still check the prices myself?  And what is considered the best "deal" or a good price?

That's Royal Caribbean that does that. The cut-off for pre-purchase is at 10:00pm ET, the evening prior to the cruise departure. After that, you can buy it on board, but the price goes up from $51.99 to $56.99 per person per day.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1106/~/cheers!-beverage-program

3 minutes ago, schazzy said:

That's Royal Caribbean that does that. The cut-off for pre-purchase is at 10:00pm ET, the evening prior to the cruise departure. After that, you can buy it on board, but the price goes up from $51.99 to $56.99 per person per day.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1106/~/cheers!-beverage-program

Thank you!  I knew I read it somewhere, wrong line!

If all five of you are in the same cabin then yes, both of the adults must buy it but if you have the kids in one room and the adults in another AND you don't want to buy 2 packages, just book one adult in a cabin with a couple kids and the other adult in the other cabin with the rest of the kids and then only one of you has to buy the package.  They do not care which of the cabins anyone sleeps in but for Cheers purposes it only counts which adults are booked where.  You can go to guest services to get extra room keys.  You still cannot share the package but at least it's only half price.

For a lot of folks, kicking back at the bar is essential to a great vacation. We introduced CHEERS!  so you can have the best bar experience ever – bartenders bring you drinks … but never the bill. Enjoy the ease of paying one flat price for your spirited beverages over the entire length of your cruise.  Now, that’s something to cheer about! Save by purchasing before you sail. Current on-board pricing is $56.95/person per day.

Save 10% versus onboard pricing when purchasing online prior to sailing.

Cut-off for pre-purchase is the day before embarkation and 10:00pm EST through call center. Additional restrictions apply, see program details below. 

https://www.carnival.com/FunShops/item/SUM/cheers

Do underage passengers in that same room need to buy bottomless bubbles if the adults get cheers?  I think I remember that was a rule at one time but not sure anymore with all the changes.  Have a great trip!

2 hours ago, petuniaflower said:

We are in 1 room.  So to be clear, it would cost about $613 for the 2 adults for a 5 night if purchased ahead of time?

Also, can you add the package up until the day before?

Yes.

57 minutes ago, jdemps said:

Do underage passengers in that same room need to buy bottomless bubbles if the adults get cheers?  I think I remember that was a rule at one time but not sure anymore with all the changes.  Have a great trip!

No.  That is a rule on another cruise line.