Are there any kid friendly evening shows?

llarsen

Hello,

We are taking our 2 grandsons ages 7 & 8 and their parents on their first cruise, which is 5 nights. 

When my husband and I sail, we usually skip the evening shows but I think the boys would really enjoy seeing a Magician. Just wondering if Carnival has any evening shows that are "kid" appropriate.

Thanks!

Hi

The early comedy shows are usually family friendly. The only problem is that the comedians aren't always funny. What makes you laugh might not entertain your grandkids. It's hard to tell in advance.

We've found the magician several times on our cruises. He often stops by dinner tables, especially those with kids. And then he'll be around the Lido deck later at night and we've had him come up to us then too. But the main stage shows are fine for families, usually musical things. We've never taken our son to the comedy shows though, he's usually off with friends by then.

Our boys (currently 11 &14) love going to all of the shows. They've been on several cruises and have always wanted to see them. The only show that they didn't fully enjoy was Country Roads, and that's only because we're not country music fans and they didn't know the words to a lot of the songs.  However, with that being said, the still enjoyed it. 

We managed one family-friendly comedy show, which had some funny parts. For me though, the only thing that made it family-friendly was the fact that was no cursing or sexual innuendos. There was a lot of material that went right over our kids heads because it was "old school". 

If it were me, I'd take your grandsons to the shows. They might just surprise you (and themselves) and really enjoy them. We did the magic show and all of us were mesmerized with that.

On 4/2/2019 at 11:55 AM, petuniaflower said:

Do they have movies at night/magicians etc on the old ships (specifically Sensation)?

1 hour ago, llarsen said:

Yes, I was also wondering if they had movie under the stars on Sensation? That would be fun!

The Sensation does not have dive-in movies.  Sorry.

https://www.carnival.com/onboard/view-all-onboard-activities/?shipCode=SE

It depends on what one considers "kid friendly".  I don't know if this is still the case, but a few years ago, a couple of the evening shows in the Main Theatre featured dancers in thongs.  It was mentioned in the FunTimes, as a "heads up" for parents like me.  I don't consider thongs "kid friendly", and so appreciated the warning, and our family (with our two young children) did not attend those shows.

Edited by ShakyBeef
family friendly to kid friendly

I know theres a cruise director was does a full on magic show, cant remember which. On some ships they now have the Hasbro the game show where audience memebers get to play, which is extrememly family friendly. And also the Lip Sync Battle - its like the show on tv.