Viking Ocean - Combined Cruise Schedule

CharTrav

Just posted an update.  Minor changes to Viking Ocean in 2024 -- added a TA for Mars in March (Atlantic Crossing & the Mediterranean) and a sailing of Komodo & Australian Coast for Orion in November. For Viking Expeditions, Octantis schedule extended into early September 2024; Polaris remains unchanged.  Didn't check for changes on the .uk or .au sites. I If you already have the spreadsheet,  simply download a fresh copy using the link on the ReadMe tab or download using this link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/smx4xeq1yhq8ymi/Viking Ocean Cruises (2022 to 2024).xlsm?dl=0.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, CharTrav said:

Just posted an update.  Minor changes to Viking Ocean in 2024 -- added a TA for Mars in March (Atlantic Crossing & the Mediterranean) and a sailing of Komodo & Australian Coast for Orion in November. For Viking Expeditions, Octantis schedule extended into early September 2024; Polaris remains unchanged.  Didn't check for changes on the .uk or .au sites. I If you already have the spreadsheet,  simply download a fresh copy using the link on the ReadMe tab or download using this link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/smx4xeq1yhq8ymi/Viking Ocean Cruises (2022 to 2024).xlsm?dl=0.

Got this error when trying to download and save.  Never got it before.  Have you seen it?

A potentially dangerous macro has been blocked

Macros can add a lot of functionality to Office, but they are often used by people with bad intentions to distribute malware to unsuspecting victims.

Macros aren't required for everyday use like reading or editing a document in Word or using Excel workbooks. In most cases you can do everything you need to do in Office without allowing macros to run.

1 hour ago, CCWineLover said:

Got this error when trying to download and save.  Never got it before.  Have you seen it?

Macros can add a lot of functionality to Office, but they are often used by people with bad intentions to distribute malware to unsuspecting victims.

Macros aren't required for everyday use like reading or editing a document in Word or using Excel workbooks. In most cases you can do everything you need to do in Office without allowing macros to run.

Microsoft has started blocking macros again by default:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/deployoffice/security/internet-macros-blocked

2 hours ago, CCWineLover said:

Oy! I assure you the macros in that excel sheet are safe.  Go into the advanced Trust settings area of Office and set it so macros can run. (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/enable-or-disable-macros-in-office-files-12b036fd-d140-4e74-b45e-16fed1a7e5c6). Sometimes these trust settings are switched back to the default "no" mode after a major office update. Hope this helps. 

Edited by CharTrav

• 1 month later...

FYI - check periodically for changes to the VE and VO schedules and so far - as far as I can tell - all has remained steady.  Am keeping an eye on changes to the schedule for Polaris after the incident this month but it's hard to tell thus far which of her sailings have been canceled; they're all showing still as sold out (along with Octantis). Nothing has been scheduled for 2025 yet. Anyway - decided today to set up the 2023-2025 edition. Which I've done. Question to all of you - post it now or wait until early January just in case I start seeing something in 2025 this month and save myself from posting it twice between now and early January? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CharTrav said:

FYI - check periodically for changes to the VE and VO schedules and so far - as far as I can tell - all has remained steady.  Am keeping an eye on changes to the schedule for Polaris after the incident this month but it's hard to tell thus far which of her sailings have been canceled; they're all showing still as sold out (along with Octantis). Nothing has been scheduled for 2025 yet. Anyway - decided today to set up the 2023-2025 edition. Which I've done. Question to all of you - post it now or wait until early January just in case I start seeing something in 2025 this month and save myself from posting it twice between now and early January? 

Char - I'll suggest waiting until January to save you some work, as most of us are probably really busy with Christmas activities at present.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/14/2022 at 1:53 AM, CharTrav said:

Agree with Andy and another thanks for all your work in trying to keep it updated. 

IF however you see any info on 24-25 World Cruise I for one would appreciate a quick post here and anywhere else! We are hoping we can swing going on it since I join the Medicare brigade this summer which means we (or at least I) won’t be quite as tied to maintaining a minimal income to protect my Obamacare. 

1 hour ago, Clay Clayton said:

Agree with Andy and another thanks for all your work in trying to keep it updated. 

IF however you see any info on 24-25 World Cruise I for one would appreciate a quick post here and anywhere else! We are hoping we can swing going on it since I join the Medicare brigade this summer which means we (or at least I) won’t be quite as tied to maintaining a minimal income to protect my Obamacare. 

Of course. If anything appears for 2025, will do. Don't understand the "minimal income" cited in the last sentence at all. I joined the "Medicare brigade", I.e., paying quarterly Part B, in 2018 a few months before I started to phase myself into full retirement.  

9 hours ago, CharTrav said:

Of course. If anything appears for 2025, will do. Don't understand the "minimal income" cited in the last sentence at all. I joined the "Medicare brigade", I.e., paying quarterly Part B, in 2018 a few months before I started to phase myself into full retirement.  

We are on an ACA plan and therefore have to keep our income below a certain level (our income is combination of dividends and proceeds from stock sales). In order to “afford” a WC, our “income” will go above that threshold. Once I’m on Medicare, I am hopeful we will be able to book a WC. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Happy New Year to all!  Last month, I set up the 2023 to 2025 edition of the Consolidated Schedule and was waiting for the right time to post it.  Decided today that even though very little has changed since my last posting of the 2022-2024 schedule last October, there have been three updates that I decided to use as good excuse for posting today:

• One for the Polaris in 2023 -- a new Grand Journey called The Americas & Antarctic Explorer
  • Two for the Sky in 202 and 2025:  Viking World Cruise (Dec '24) and Viking World Journeys (Jan '25). These two have a slightly different itinerary than previous world cruises, which I know some don't like.

If you have a copy of the 2022-2024 edition use the link provided on the ReadMe tab to the folder in DropBox and look for Viking Ocean & Expeditions Cruises (2023 to 2025).xlsm and download it.  If this is your first time downloading this file -- use this link instead -- https://www.dropbox.com/s/koar44ane0avi7u/Viking Ocean %26 Expedition Cruises (2023 to 2025).xlsm?dl=0.  No DropBox account required to download the file.

Also -- happy news!  Checked on Polaris using VesselFinder -- and it appears she's been repaired after the unfortunate mishap last month.  She left Usushia on December 30th and is currently at Damoy Point, Antarctica.  Going by the fact that I can see she was heading back to Ushuaia on Dec 25th (as far back as the track I see in VesselFinder), she clearly must have been repaired really quickly. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CharTrav said:

Also -- happy news!  Checked on Polaris using VesselFinder -- and it appears she's been repaired after the unfortunate mishap last month.  She left Usushia on December 30th and is currently at Damoy Point, Antarctica.  Going by the fact that I can see she was heading back to Ushuaia on Dec 25th (as far back as the track I see in VesselFinder), she clearly must have been repaired really quickly. 

Happy New Year! When last reported, Polaris had undergone repairs that placed metal plating over the windows of the affected cabins, presumably restoring watertight integrity. Both Andy and the Chief had provided thoughts on how the more permanent restoration would be accomplished - and advised that it would likely be a while, as parts and specialized labour would be needed.

I assume the affected cabins are not occupied, but she is back in service. If I'm not mistaken, Mr. Hagen was onboard the sailing just after the accident. 🍺🥌

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, CurlerRob said:

Happy New Year! When last reported, Polaris had undergone repairs that placed metal plating over the windows of the affected cabins, presumably restoring watertight integrity. Both Andy and the Chief had provided thoughts on how the more permanent restoration would be accomplished - and advised that it would likely be a while, as parts and specialized labour would be needed.

I assume the affected cabins are not occupied, but she is back in service. If I'm not mistaken, Mr. Hagen was onboard the sailing just after the accident. 🍺🥌

Thanks for the extra info. I wondered when Mr Hagen recorded his New Year's message - before or after the incident? Now I know!

Edited by CharTrav

8 hours ago, CharTrav said:

Two for the Sky in 202 and 2025:  Viking World Cruise (Dec '24) and Viking World Journeys (Jan '25). These two have a slightly different itinerary than previous world cruises, which I know some don't like.

@CharTrav Thank you for the updates.  Looks like we already need another update.  @CurlerRob pointed out that Viking posted some extensions of the Viking Sky World Cruise and World Journeys cruises continuing for an additional 42 days to New York.  These extensions are referred to as the Viking World Voyages I & II depending upon whether embarkation was in Fort Lauderdale or Los Angeles.

Viking World Cruise Ft. Dec 19, 2024 - May 6, 2025 (138 days) Fort Lauderdale, Florida to London (Greenwich)
https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/cruise-destinations/world-grand/viking-world-cruise/index.html

Viking World Journeys Jan 5 - May 6, 2025 (121 days) Los Angeles, California to London (Greenwich)
https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/cruise-destinations/world-grand/viking-world-journeys/index.html

Viking World Voyage I Dec 19, 2024 - Jun 17, 2025 (180 days) Ft. Lauderdale, Florida to New York City, New York 
https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/cruise-destinations/world-grand/viking-world-voyage-i/index.html

Viking World Voyage II (163 days) Jan 5 - Jun 17, 2025 (163 days) Los Angeles, California to New York City, New York
https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/cruise-destinations/world-grand/viking-world-voyage-ii/index.html

6 hours ago, UWDawg said:

@CharTrav Thank you for the updates.  Looks like we already need another update.  @CurlerRob pointed out that Viking posted some extensions of the Viking Sky World Cruise and World Journeys cruises continuing for an additional 42 days to New York.  These extensions are referred to as the Viking World Voyages I & II depending upon whether embarkation was in Fort Lauderdale or Los Angeles.

Viking World Cruise Ft. Dec 19, 2024 - May 6, 2025 (138 days) Fort Lauderdale, Florida to London (Greenwich)
https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/cruise-destinations/world-grand/viking-world-cruise/index.html

Viking World Journeys Jan 5 - May 6, 2025 (121 days) Los Angeles, California to London (Greenwich)
https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/cruise-destinations/world-grand/viking-world-journeys/index.html

Viking World Voyage I Dec 19, 2024 - Jun 17, 2025 (180 days) Ft. Lauderdale, Florida to New York City, New York 
https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/cruise-destinations/world-grand/viking-world-voyage-i/index.html

Viking World Voyage II (163 days) Jan 5 - Jun 17, 2025 (163 days) Los Angeles, California to New York City, New York
https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/cruise-destinations/world-grand/viking-world-voyage-ii/index.html

Dang! Thanks!  Will be interesting to know what Sky will do in June 2025 starting from New York in the Summer. It's so atypical.  Not the usual pattern at all. E.g., All seasons - Med; Summer - Alaska, Northern Europe; Fall - east coast US; Winter - Australia, New Zealand, S America. Guess I'm going to wait a bit. Need to start packing for Auckland next week and hold off publishing next version until after we get back. 

Edited by CharTrav
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, CharTrav said:

Dang! Thanks!  Will be interesting to know what Sky will do in June 2025 starting from New York in the Summer. It's so atypical.  Not the usual pattern at all. E.g., All seasons - Med; Summer - Alaska, Northern Europe; Fall - east coast US; Winter - Australia, New Zealand, S America. Guess I'm going to wait a bit. Need to start packing for Auckland next week and hold off publishing next version until after we get back. 

Oops! Forgot about the NY to Bergen via Iceland cruises added recently. So not so odd at all. 

• 2 weeks later...

CharTrav - it appears that Viking has loaded all the itineraries now through October 2025.  I went through them all and it appears there are no new routes or ports.   Some routes have more than one ship now (like Orion and Venus briefly in Australia-Bali area).   It does appear though that they have integrated in the new ships, but it is hard to tell for a given ship what their schedule is.  Hopefully we'll see the new schedules into your Combined Schedule sometime!!  We appreciate all your hard work.

1 hour ago, CCWineLover said:

CharTrav - it appears that Viking has loaded all the itineraries now through October 2025.  I went through them all and it appears there are no new routes or ports.   Some routes have more than one ship now (like Orion and Venus briefly in Australia-Bali area).   It does appear though that they have integrated in the new ships, but it is hard to tell for a given ship what their schedule is.  Hopefully we'll see the new schedules into your Combined Schedule sometime!!  We appreciate all your hard work.

Thanks for the heads up. Will take care of when we get back from Australia/New Zealand in early Feb. Landed in Auckland this morning. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Returned safely from down under last Wednesday.  Flight home felt like Groundhog Day -- leave Melbourne on Wednesday at 1pm, arrive SFO at 7:30am same day, and arrive home that evening at 9pm.  How many hours was that??? Alot.... Body hasn't quite recovered from the time shift even tho I did just fine traveling from here to Auckland.  Don't know why.  Maybe cuz I kept telling myself I was only 6 hrs away from my time zone which happens to be .... yesterday. 🙃 Great trip too!  Anyway -- have just finished updating the consolidated schedule spreadsheet and posted it in the usual spot.  Schedules for both VO and VE have been updated.

For VO:

• Saturn: fully scheduled thru Sept '24
  • Sea, Sky, Jupiter, Venus, Neptune:  fully scheduled thru Aug '25
  • Star:  fully scheduled thru Sept '25 with a 22 day gap starting 11Nov24 in Barcelona.  Not sure what will be happening here. Maintenance? ??
  • Orion: fully scheduled thru Sept '25
  • Mars:  fully scheduled thru Oct '25

For VE 

• Polaris:  schedule updated for both 2023 and 2024 thru Oct '24.  In the case of 2023, have a gap between 1Apr (in Santiago) and 3May (in Toronto).  Clearly need a new cruise to fill this gap.
  • Octantis: no schedule changes; still fully scheduled thru Sept '24.

If you have a copy of the 2023-2025 edition, use the link provided on the ReadMe tab to download a fresh copy of this file. If this is your first time downloading this file -- use this link instead -- https://www.dropbox.com/s/koar44ane0avi7u/Viking Ocean %26 Expedition Cruises (2023 to 2025).xlsm?dl=0.  No DropBox account required to download the file. 

Edited by CharTrav
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, CharTrav said:

Returned safely from down under last Wednesday.  Flight home felt like Groundhog Day -- leave Melbourne on Wednesday at 1pm, arrive SFO at 7:30am same day, and arrive home that evening at 9pm.  How many hours was that??? Alot.... Body hasn't quite recovered from the time shift even tho I did just fine traveling from here to Auckland.  Don't know why.  Maybe cuz I kept telling myself I was only 6 hrs away from my time zone which happens to be .... yesterday. 🙃 Great trip too!  Anyway -- have just finished updating the consolidated schedule spreadsheet and posted it in the usual spot.  Schedules for both VO and VE have been updated.

For VO:

• Saturn: fully scheduled thru Sept '24
  • Sea, Sky, Jupiter, Venus, Neptune:  fully scheduled thru Aug '25
  • Star:  fully scheduled thru Sept '25 with a 22 day gap starting 11Nov24 in Barcelona.  Not sure what will be happening here. Maintenance? ??
  • Orion: fully scheduled thru Sept '25
  • Mars:  fully scheduled thru Oct '25

For VE 

• Polaris:  schedule updated for both 2023 and 2024 thru Oct '24.  In the case of 2023, have a gap between 1Apr (in Santiago) and 3May (in Toronto).  Clearly need a new cruise to fill this gap.
  • Octantis: no schedule changes; still fully scheduled thru Sept '24.

If you have a copy of the 2023-2025 edition, use the link provided on the ReadMe tab to download a fresh copy of this file. If this is your first time downloading this file -- use this link instead -- https://www.dropbox.com/s/koar44ane0avi7u/Viking Ocean %26 Expedition Cruises (2023 to 2025).xlsm?dl=0.  No DropBox account required to download the file. 

The gap for Polaris might be to make repairs from the rogue wave incident in the Drake Passage.  

Maria

1 hour ago, Lilyskittymom said:

The gap for Polaris might be to make repairs from the rogue wave incident in the Drake Passage.  

Maria

Could be except....would they do a complete repair job in Santiago??? Know they did a quickie patch job right after the incident in Usuhaia. Hmmmm....🤔

16 minutes ago, CharTrav said:

Could be except....would they do a complete repair job in Santiago??? Know they did a quickie patch job right after the incident in Usuhaia. Hmmmm....🤔

They'd have to order windows, furnishings, etc.  I'm sure there are many places in the world, between Santiago and Toronto, where they can get the work done and they likely had to schedule it in advance.  Just thinking.

• Like 1

Realized yesterday that I'd forgotten to make note of some new VO cruises scheduled for 2025: Grand Australia Circumnavigation (Venus) and West Indies & Panama Canal Passage (Sea).  Have posted an updated copy of what I posted last week.

• Like 3