MORE Problems for EPIC

Rebels82

We embarked Sat. 3/30. At 11:00 people were still getting off from the week before! The Haven guests did not get on until after noon. We were hours late leaving Tortola last night. At this minute we have a tug boat behind us helping us into St. Thomas. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rebels82 said:

We embarked Sat. 3/30. At 11:00 people were still getting off from the week before! The Haven guests did not get on until after noon. We were hours late leaving Tortola last night. At this minute we have a tug boat behind us helping us into St. Thomas. 

oh my, keep us posted; sorry to hear this. Has there been any announcement as to the problem? 

52 minutes ago, teach/2/cruise said:

Oh NO!!  Not again.  We sail on this ship in less than 2 weeks and I have never been nervous about sailing but I think I am now.   Please keep us posted on what is going on.

Yeah I am sailing on Epic on 4/20 and just want everything to go alright.

I just looked at the web cams and the Ship is at the dock.    I think the tug boat might have been the guide into the port.  All of us need to remember this is our vacation and if we focus on the negative,  things will be negative to us.  Focus on having fun and fun will be had.  

Happy sailing to all

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Laszlo said:

At least a crane hasn't fallen on it.........Yet Lol

I just laughed out loud at work when I read this.  I'm on this ship 4/27 for a 15 day TA. Keeping my fingers crossed that it is still a go. 

• Like 3

We will see how the rest of the cruise goes....the first issue was the disembarkation for the 3/23 cruisers.....not the fact that embarkation started for Haven guests after noon. There were MANY guests just getting off the ship at 11:00 and they were not happy since many were missing flights. 

I am no expert but leaving Tortola at least 4 hours late doesn’t sound normal.

We are Platinum Plus so are just passing on EPIC info, not trying to bash NCL.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2019 at 9:09 AM, robin13 said:

I just laughed out loud at work when I read this.  I'm on this ship 4/27 for a 15 day TA. Keeping my fingers crossed that it is still a go. 

I am on the same cruise, I hope they fix whatever it is that's happening.

On 4/3/2019 at 6:49 AM, Rebels82 said:

now to be honest, when it comes to disembarking the Epic seems to always have issues. When we got off on Port Canaveral 2 years ago, there was a huge line, we were told to get in line about 10 am and we finally got off the ship around 1pm, so 3 hours waiting in line, they passed water, cookies etc, I guess too many people and sometimes it has to do with customs getting their act together. I have also seen tug boats behind the epic, it does not necessarily mean something is wrong they just have to make sure it can get in the port with no problems.

Edited by spanishguy1970
  • Like 1

I live 25 minutes from the port. Don't have to worry about catching a flight.

I plan to hide on the cruise ship until the very last minute, or until they find me and thow me off.

Another possibility is to sit in a restaurant until they make me leave.  Which begs the question, are there any restaurants open late on disembarkment day?

27 minutes ago, dgreeney said:

Another possibility is to sit in a restaurant until they make me leave.  Which begs the question, are there any restaurants open late on disembarkment day?

No.

I was on this sailing.  We were told the ship was boarded late due to the facial recognition software rollout.

They put in note on our stateroom on Monday night that we would be staying longer in Tortola for "scheduled maintenance" which was fine by us!  We were able to enjoy our boat charter longer!  noticed no issues with the Ship and we had a great day in GSC even!  We disembarked today in 30 minutes tops.  I have other complaints about Epic, but not those above.

Just hope that there will be no more EPIC adventures concerning the Epic when we board in Jan !!! I don't like the fact that it doesn't dock in Old San Juan anymore...hopefully that will change by next Jan😉