Jewel is a jewel

We are on her also. 

They have taken over the Safari bar on the back of deck six for the diamond lounge. There are a tremendous number of d and d+ in there each night. Happy hour is from 4:30 to 8pm. Lots of waitstaff and tables of drinks when you first enter. Lots of pretty good food, too.

P’s are probably mostly up in the Concierge lounge with the suites. That is real open for seats early and then gets busy about 7pm. Same food up there. 

With open bars in those lounges plus 3 drinks on seapass cards, there is no lack of happy hour. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MamaTene said:

Currently aboard Jewel of the Seas doing transatlantic. Questions?

Since you offered....

First...Can you confirm how much $$ the following are so I can decide on beverage package...

Bottle water...

Soda (can from bar)...

Frozen drink - non alcoholic...

Frozen drink - alcoholic...

Mixed drinks...  

Second...What shows are on board and what do you think of the shows...

Have an amazing trip. Take care of her, we are on board in 80 days!! 

Our favorite is Solarium area for privacy, playing games, reading etc. Ship is very clean and staff if always pleasant and smiling. Very attentive and welcoming. We aren't big "foodies" so pretty much everything is good to very good with a couple EXCELLENT entrees. We eat most all meals in the MDR as like the personal service. At lunch they have an amazing salad bar with choices galore. This in addition to your selected item for each meal.

• Like 3

We have not yet eaten in the mdr. All three specialty resturants are good. Sometimes they have not been on other boats. The windjammer for dinner is pretty good. Some nights we just eat the apps in the lounges for dinner after too much eating during the day, and that has worked well. 

The shows have been weak. One night was one of the chorus guys doing his own show as this is the last cruise for this troupe. Not professional enough. One night was a comedian/ juggler.  He did neither very well. Last night was a hypnotist that was actually very good. 

I don’t know a bunch of drink prices but a draft beer was $9 including the 18% tip. So, if you do not have lounge access, then a package will pay for itself quickly. When we boarded, they were selling alcohol packages for half off, but with the 18%, it was like $1100 for two for the 15 days. Hard to know what the original price was. 

I'm so glad you are loving it! We sailed Radiance in Alaska last summer and are doing Hawaii to Vancouver in May 2020 (does that count as Transpacific?) We loved the layout and the size of the ship and ALL the windows.

Have a wonderful time!

• Thanks 1

We are a group of 12 sailing 5/29...nine-night roundtrip Rome with stops in Greece and Naples.  It will be quite an adventure as some of us have cruised before and a few have not.  

I'm interested to hear about both the 70's disco party and white night.  

Also, the bed on Majesty last fall was like sleeping on concrete; fortunately, the steward was able to provide me with some padding to make it very comfortable.  How do you find the mattress on Jewel?

Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Thanks,

Susan

My brother and sister in law are on their honeymoon on the Jewel right now!  They are the young couple staying in a suite.  If you should see them (Kevin and Gillian), tell they Tracy and Tom say hello!  They called me via what'sapp the other day and are having a wonderful time on the beautiful ship!!  Have a great rest of the cruise!!

Tracy

• Like 1

Logging on to the internet is often painful. The speed is quite slow anytime that a number of webpage elements must be downloaded.  Some times of day are worse than others.  No time of day is good. 

If it were much worse it would be unuseable. 

It is now midnight here on the boat and I ran Ookla Speed Test. 

Ping is 810 milliseconds. 

Both up and download speeds are 0.32 Mbps.  

The ping is what kills you. A newspaper type website might have 20 elements that must each be ping’ed. 

My Ping at home is 5 milliseconds with 30.00 up and down load speeds.  So, this is 1% of my at home service, or 100 times slower. 

• Like 1

Hi.  We're going on Jewel next March Dubai to Rome for 16 nights.  We're both night owls and was wondering what food if any is available late at night?  On other ships we usually grab a piece of pizza before heading off to bed.  Thanks.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Poochie71 said:

Hi.  We're going on Jewel next March Dubai to Rome for 16 nights.  We're both night owls and was wondering what food if any is available late at night?  On other ships we usually grab a piece of pizza before heading off to bed.  Thanks.

The Solarium food venue is open late with pizza slices and other snacks.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, pretzlaff said:

It is now midnight here on the boat and I ran Ookla Speed Test. 

Ping is 810 milliseconds. 

Both up and download speeds are 0.32 Mbps.  

The ping is what kills you. A newspaper type website might have 20 elements that must each be ping’ed. 

My Ping at home is 5 milliseconds with 30.00 up and down load speeds.  So, this is 1% of my at home service, or 100 times slower. 

oh no, that's terrible!  Thank you for the info...I hope it improves!!!

1 hour ago, southeRNbelle38 said:

oh no, that's terrible!  Thank you for the info...I hope it improves!!!

There’s not much to improve- the best you can hope for with Surf is a ping of about 600 ms (down from 800) and download speed of .5 Mbps (up from .32). 

2 hours ago, TinkBellaMom said:

We sailed on Jewel on a Med cruise out of Rome last year.  She is by far our favorite ship!  We loved all the windows, and especially enjoyed the open area of the WJ for breakfast.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Jewel is a favorite of ours also. We really like the Schooner bar layout and all the windows.