First time with My Time Dining

I don't care to be in a long line, if possible, to wait for a MDR table, so just always found that having the reserved time helps. Not always of course. It'll seem odd to be on a ship with kids again after just sailing on the Sky. Next few cruises might decide if we want to keep going with Viking or mostly stay with the bigger RCCL and X ships. 

Edited by gretschwhtfalcon

2 hours ago, rewethereyet said:

Totally new to this, we like to eat late, can we show up at anytime or do we need reservations at one of the MDR's ?  Also is there normally a wait for like a 7:00 seating ?

We rarely, if ever make reservations.  Normally we eat any time between 7-8:30.  Once in a while have a wait, but usually no more than 5-10 minutes.  We love the flexibility of MTD and going to eat when we feel like it.  Normally look at the Compass first thing in the morning and see the show times.  Then we eat around that schedule either before or after the show depending on the show time.

• Like 1

Perhaps easier to get a table at the later times? We like to eat as early as possible -- usually between 6-6:30 and then catch the later show. Also depends on how late we're out on an excursion, but I try never to schedule dinner after 7:00 and preferably not that late. 

Edited by gretschwhtfalcon

2 minutes ago, gretschwhtfalcon said:

Perhaps easier to get a table at the later times? We like to eat as early as possible -- usually between 6-6:30 and then catch the later show. Also depends on how late we're out on an excursion, but I try never to schedule dinner after 7:00 and preferably not that late. 

In my experience, peak time seems to be around 7pm.

23 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Really.  The poor waitstaff is so busy, and they are made to participate in these displays, I feel sorry for them.  I think once per cruise is enough.  On one Adventure cruise this past February, we went to the MDR 5 times and they had the singing, clapping, parading 3 times.  We were on a B2B, and the next cruise we did not visit the MDR at all.

I have not seen the singing/dancing in MTD on quite a few cruises now.  Guess it's hit and miss?.  I did talk to several waiters that had been begging to get placed in the MTD dining venue...so they would not have to do the lame dance numbers as in traditional dining venue.  The ones I talked to very much detest having to do that.  

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

In my experience, peak time seems to be around 7pm.

I noticed that too, and in fact have found it impossible to make 7 pm MTD reservations in advance.  They block that time out on the ships we have been on.  

First time for us in MTD.  We could only get reservations every night for 7:00.  We prefer to eat around 6 or 6:30.  Can we go early and see if a table is ready?  If so, then just cancel the 7 for that night?  We booked 7 so it would be not later than that.  

1 minute ago, Treacher1 said:

First time for us in MTD.  We could only get reservations every night for 7:00.  We prefer to eat around 6 or 6:30.  Can we go early and see if a table is ready?  If so, then just cancel the 7 for that night?  We booked 7 so it would be not later than that.  

If you go early, they will automatically cancel your later reservation.

I can not speak for MDR on Celebrity as have not done it since Solstice was built.  The first night we used to be assigned a dinner time for BLU but after that you could dine anytime you wished up until closing time. 

On 4/5/2019 at 6:34 PM, Treacher1 said:

Agree with wanting to eat early!!  See you sometime for lunch when you get back 🙂  I have my pics on Shutterfly now so will share those after your cruise!  

On 4/5/2019 at 7:43 AM, Biker19 said:

The cabin is generally the same size in Aqua, just "better" location. 

Actually Aqua class is in some of the worst locations. Under the buffet or pool  deckfor example. Concierge Class have the best locations but no special restaurant.

Edited by Iamcruzin

On 4/5/2019 at 11:03 AM, gretschwhtfalcon said:

Summit....friends of ours who sail X frequently have told us about the persian gardens / spa. Are there windows in there? Also, do you know anything about the roof / overhang in deck 9 aqua rooms? Heard that there is limited viewing compared to aqua on deck 11. 

Deck 11 doesn't have shade full sun.

28 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Actually Aqua class is in some of the worst locations. Under the buffet or pool  deckfor example. Concierge Class have the best locations but no special restaurant.

Oh well, will try it and see how we like it. 

• Like 1