First time with My Time Dining

1 minute ago, c-leg5 said:

Singing and dancing is geared to set dining times, but it is all the same dining room ( different levels).

Good to know, since that way you could try and avoid them.... 🙂  I hate when I am essentially done but they then start the show and it would be rude to try and duck out, or dangerous as then servers are usually standing all around and up on tables!

23 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

Good to know, since that way you could try and avoid them.... 🙂  I hate when I am essentially done but they then start the show and it would be rude to try and duck out, or dangerous as then servers are usually standing all around and up on tables!

On our last cruise our table was near the front of the dining room. The parades always starts from the back. On both parade nights we were finished with dinner and just sitting at our table chatting, maybe finishing our drinks. As soon as we heard the music start up, we got up from our table and were out the door before the parade got anywhere near us.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

On our last cruise our table was near the front of the dining room. The parades always starts from the back. On both parade nights we were finished with dinner and just sitting at our table chatting, maybe finishing our drinks. As soon as we heard the music start up, we got up from our table and were out the door before the parade got anywhere near us.

I don't blame you, we definitely will be savvier next time!  I've seen the MDR shows enough to not need them again!

2 hours ago, superduper123 said:

Ugh.

Really.  The poor waitstaff is so busy, and they are made to participate in these displays, I feel sorry for them.  I think once per cruise is enough.  On one Adventure cruise this past February, we went to the MDR 5 times and they had the singing, clapping, parading 3 times.  We were on a B2B, and the next cruise we did not visit the MDR at all.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

Really.  The poor waitstaff is so busy, and they are made to participate in these displays, I feel sorry for them.  I think once per cruise is enough.  On one Adventure cruise this past February, we went to the MDR 5 times and they had the singing, clapping, parading 3 times.  We were on a B2B, and the next cruise we did not visit the MDR at all.

If I never visited the MDR again I would be so happy.  Do not enjoy the crowds or noise or for that matter the food.  Parade once was enough.  Spoiled by to many cruises on Celebrity eating in Blu.  Small dining room where after the 1st night they know your name.

1 hour ago, Snit13 said:

If I never visited the MDR again I would be so happy.  Do not enjoy the crowds or noise or for that matter the food.  Parade once was enough.  Spoiled by to many cruises on Celebrity eating in Blu.  Small dining room where after the 1st night they know your name.

I know what you mean...after a good number of cruises some of these goings-on start to get a bit old. We have aqua class booked in our next X sailing so looking forward to Blu. Also, just did a cruise on the Viking Sky and really enjoyed the quiet environment in the dining room, with no need to reserve times either. Of course, the quiet and peace ended when the ship lost all its engines off the coast of Hustadvika on 3/23! 

Edited by gretschwhtfalcon

27 minutes ago, gretschwhtfalcon said:

I know what you mean...after a good number of cruises some of these goings-on start to get a bit old. We have aqua class booked in our next X sailing so looking forward to Blu. Also, just did a cruise on the Viking Sky and really enjoyed the quiet environment in the dining room, with no need to reserve times either. Of course, the quiet and peace ended when the ship lost all its engines off the coast of Hustadvika on 3/23! 

Does PA stand for Pennsylvania?  We had about 10 Aqua class or Suite cabins on Celebrity and thus Blu.  I really miss sailing Celebrity but Ft. Lauderdale is to far to drive.  Live about 2 hrs north of Tampa and about 2 hours west of Port Canaveral, thus sail Royal.

1 hour ago, Snit13 said:

Does PA stand for Pennsylvania?  We had about 10 Aqua class or Suite cabins on Celebrity and thus Blu.  I really miss sailing Celebrity but Ft. Lauderdale is to far to drive.  Live about 2 hrs north of Tampa and about 2 hours west of Port Canaveral, thus sail Royal.

How did you find Aqua class and Blu?  This'll be our first time trying it. Prior to this we always had 2A or 2B Veranda rooms. They're ok but a bit cramped - can't open the closet and bathroom doors at the same time! 

9 hours ago, gretschwhtfalcon said:

Prior to this we always had 2A or 2B Veranda rooms. They're ok but a bit cramped - can't open the closet and bathroom doors at the same time! 

The cabin is generally the same size in Aqua, just "better" location. 

Edited by Biker19

11 hours ago, gretschwhtfalcon said:

How did you find Aqua class and Blu?  This'll be our first time trying it. Prior to this we always had 2A or 2B Veranda rooms. They're ok but a bit cramped - can't open the closet and bathroom doors at the same time! 

You will love Aqua and especially Blu. I know they have changed some amenities since we last sailed Celebrity but dinner in Blu made up for changes.  I grew up in Western PA but it sounds like you are Eastern PA.  Moved to FL after graduating from college.  Wish I could sail on Edge as she looks awesome.  Which ship are you sailing?

1 hour ago, Snit13 said:

You will love Aqua and especially Blu. I know they have changed some amenities since we last sailed Celebrity but dinner in Blu made up for changes.  I grew up in Western PA but it sounds like you are Eastern PA.  Moved to FL after graduating from college.  Wish I could sail on Edge as she looks awesome.  Which ship are you sailing?

Summit....friends of ours who sail X frequently have told us about the persian gardens / spa. Are there windows in there? Also, do you know anything about the roof / overhang in deck 9 aqua rooms? Heard that there is limited viewing compared to aqua on deck 11. 

8 minutes ago, rewethereyet said:

Totally new to this, we like to eat late, can we show up at anytime or do we need reservations at one of the MDR's ?  Also is there normally a wait for like a 7:00 seating ?

You can show up any time you like, with no reservations.  Wait times vary.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, gretschwhtfalcon said:

But assuming X, like Royal, still does MTD - which needs reserved times (or at least seems to work best). 

We always have standing reservations for MTD (RC) and SD (Celebrity). Reservations are not needed for either cruise line.