Yacht Club Free Gelato After Nov. 12

jvsnana

2 hours ago, emmas gran said:

Bea I posted on the Venchi banned link we got gelato no charge today, had a lunch in the buffet instead of YC and gelatos on the way back.

Thanks for the info... That's a BIG relief for us.... We are party of 9 with 4 children.... and we don't drink much alcohol... so the gelato offering is really a BIG deal to us....

We are sailing on the 13th (next week)... hope there is no change by then....

Edited by Fly2where

2 hours ago, Fly2where said:

Thanks for the info... That's a BIG relief for us.... We are party of 9 with 4 children.... and we don't drink much alcohol... so the gelato offering is really a BIG deal to us....

We are sailing on the 13th (next week)... hope there is no change by then....

We were on the Divina last Nov-Dec for 3 weeks and heard different tales from different staff :(.  It sometimes was almost amusing.  One day we stopped at the gelato bar (near the pool) and ordered gelato.  The two bartenders (who also serve gelato at that venue) argued over whether it was included or we had to pay (we did not pay).  I later spoke with one of our concierges about the issue and she told me that Gelato was NO LONGER included for those in the YC...with the exception of any gelato that might be served at the "One Pool" area.  She admitted that the policies seemed to change with the wind and often made little sense.  She also cited the fact that we could order room service pizza from the Eately and it was included (free).  But if we walked over the Eately and ordered the same pizza we would have to pay!

One of my very few complaints about being in the YC was the lack of a written guide that made it clear what was included, what was not included, where things were included, where they were not included, etc.  Even in Le Muse things could get confusing when it came to wines.  We were never given any kind of wine list that showed us the included wines.  We would usually have to specify a particular varietal and the waiters would tell us what was available.  But even that was subject to change from night to night.  

Hank

7 hours ago, Beamafar said:

I saw a post last year sometime with a photo of a sign in YC on Seaside, stating that the Venchi menu items weren't included for YC guests.  Yet, there were reports after that (and there still are) of YC guests enjoying drinks in Venchi.  I believe that new addition on the drinks packages menu is to clarify the situation due to conflicting information around the issue.

We had seen posts with signs about no zip line in YC but when we went two weeks ago no signs about anything.  We had gelato for free as well as Venchi martinis, shakes no charge.  Seaside that is.

Edited by dexddd

1 minute ago, dexddd said:

We had seen posts with signs about no zip line in YC but when we went two weeks ago no signs about anything.  We had gelato for free as well as Venchi martinis, shakes no charge.  Seaside that is.

As a regular MSC cruiser, I try to just shrug the shoulders about the lack of consistency from one cruise to the next;  however, it must be incredibly frustrating for newbies trying to work out what's included and what's not.

3 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

As a regular MSC cruiser, I try to just shrug the shoulders about the lack of consistency from one cruise to the next;  however, it must be incredibly frustrating for newbies trying to work out what's included and what's not.

And now I see the post about vechi change with note on menu.  As someone mentioned they need to make it clear which in this respect to Venchi they apparently have done.  I don't think it is right but we've been so numbed by three years of garbage like cutbacks and last minute changes at NCL things here are a walk in the park.

On our July trip we'll just inquire first.

I get the impression that a lot of regular NCL cruisers are fed up with the company.  Seems like they're all going the same way.  The market's expanding so rapidly, too, that it seems they're not too bothered anymore with their 'loyal' customers.

2 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

I get the impression that a lot of regular NCL cruisers are fed up with the company.  Seems like they're all going the same way.  The market's expanding so rapidly, too, that it seems they're not too bothered anymore with their 'loyal' customers.

It is night and day between MSC and NCL.  NCL got new CEO little over three years ago and it has been a death spiral there.  Crew on ship did best they could but CEO at public company has interests aligned one way.

I see for the regular MSC folks some of the MSC changes may feel the same.  Only been two MSC, but to us the family owned feel is there as is sincerity by most crew.  I don't know reasons behind drink plan changes but from the changes we've noticed at MSC it seems like something driving a change (like getting rid of drink coupons which seemed odd to me) is made and it doesn't get fully thought out thus causing grief for customers.  I can say for all the fun we poke at their website their POS systems on Seaside worked very well.  Most of the other technology did too.

The no free zip line for YC felt a bit like money grab but I was surprised how busy it was for a fairly short ride so maybe the charge to control usage.  Not trying to give excuses but I get the feel MSC changes are thought probably meant to improve things but one group or another falls into losing something.

Now, do I dare tell DW no free choc martini and kids no shake in June?  If you don't see any more posts from me you knew what happened.

• Haha 1

The really strange thing is that it is so easy for MSC to solve the problem of customer and crew uncertainty of what is/isn't included in the YC.  Yet they don't.  There must be some reason for this, but I can't imagine one.

25 minutes ago, mnocket said:

The really strange thing is that it is so easy for MSC to solve the problem of customer and crew uncertainty of what is/isn't included in the YC.  Yet they don't.  There must be some reason for this, but I can't imagine one.

Slow to the uptake and what falls into the cracks?

It was kind of interesting when asked for wristband to tap and server looking at tablet - I really was curious what it was telling them as everyone seemed to study it for a few seconds, say nothing, and off we were.