Yacht Club Free Gelato After Nov. 12

jvsnana

Just wondering if anyone who booked after the November 12 deadline has tried to get the Yacht Club free gelato?

Is the date you booked somehow linked to your room key/yacht club wrist band?

TIA

26 minutes ago, jvsnana said:

Just wondering if anyone who booked after the November 12 deadline has tried to get the Yacht Club free gelato?

Is the date you booked somehow linked to your room key/yacht club wrist band?

TIA

I really don’t know.   All I know is last July on the Seaside, everyone was told that gelato and crepes were not included.   They were.   I fully to expect to have gelato and crepes this July on the Seaside.  I booked while on board last July and was given paperwork that stated we were to get $200 OBC per person per stay.   Now MSC said that we are only going to get $200.00 per cabin.  I had to send the paperwork from the booking while on the ship.   Soooooo, who knows about the gelato, crepes or my OBC.  Regardless, I will have a good time.

Free gelato last month on seaside (booked a couple of weeks before).

A little off topic, but I thought the most confused people were those that said 'I read on cruise critic......'.     In my opinion, the new rules are relatively simple - any drink USD12 or under is included (which unless you want a premium premium brand includes pretty much everything you could think off).  For drinks over USD12, like champagne, if you ask then seemed to be no problem to also get.  

I don't miss the single and double asterisks......

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Linda the Book Lover said:

Good one! We are 7 weeks away!

I remember that... and thinking it was a shame.  Would have been nice to cruised with you after reading you on CC all these years!

• Like 1

Can't answer your question relative to booking after Nov. 12 but the MSC app showed us as "My F&B Packages = YCE EXP BEVERAGE PCG1" whatever that means so there must be some reference.  Plus the wristbands you hold to the tablets outside Y/C for drinks and gelato so it must tell them something.

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

Can't answer your question relative to booking after Nov. 12 but the MSC app showed us as "My F&B Packages = YCE EXP BEVERAGE PCG1" whatever that means so there must be some reference.  Plus the wristbands you hold to the tablets outside Y/C for drinks and gelato so it must tell them something.

Thanks...I have a friend who booked the Seaside YC after the November cut off and she was wondering if anyone had received it by chance.  She was on the Seaside with us and lived at Venchi, lol!  So she was hoping for a glitch in the system somehow, haha.

I read that there is no Venchi on the Meraviglia, so even though we booked way back in April 2018 there will be no free gelato for us on our 22 day cruise.

15 minutes ago, CarolnLarry said:

Sorry but I am confused as to what year you are talking about?  Last Nov and Dec we sailed on the Seaside in the YC and had

all the Gelato + from Venichi and anywhere else we wanted.  

Confusing, I know 😊 

Venchi is no longer included for free for YC if you booked after Nov. 12, 2018.

So I am asking if anyone who booked YC after Nov. 12, 2018 received free Venchi when they cruised.  It seems to be hit or miss how they determine who gets it or not.

4 hours ago, jvsnana said:

Confusing, I know 😊 

Venchi is no longer included for free for YC if you booked after Nov. 12, 2018.

So I am asking if anyone who booked YC after Nov. 12, 2018 received free Venchi when they cruised.  It seems to be hit or miss how they determine who gets it or not.

All the drinks in Venchi were included (coffee, milkshakes, alcoholic etc), as well as gelato.  They were also included for non-YC on drinks packages (dependant on the package price limit).

Also, when you get on a butler in the lounge will explain how everything works in the rest of the ship.  Luckily it is much simpler than people here seem to describe it.

15 hours ago, jvsnana said:

I read that there is no Venchi on the Meraviglia, so even though we booked way back in April 2018 there will be no free gelato for us on our 22 day cruise.

We sailed Meraviglia in Sep/Oct 2018 for 19 nights. To confirm, there is no Venchi and the (poor) equivalent from Jean-Philippe Chocolate & Coffee is chargeable for all guests. There is, however, free gelato available during the daytime from the Polar Bar on deck 19...it is tucked away in the right hand corner, as you look from the aft end, of the Polar Aquapark and is free for YC guests. Just present your YC card, and don't take no for the first answer. Very few YC guests are aware of the Polar Bar as it is in an area they would generally not frequent, so the staff have no idea it is free for such...you may need to ask for the manager! 

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

It's also available at the Atmosphere bar, aft deck 15.

3 hours ago, hamrag said:

We sailed Meraviglia in Sep/Oct 2018 for 19 nights. To confirm, there is no Venchi and the (poor) equivalent from Jean-Philippe Chocolate & Coffee is chargeable for all guests. There is, however, free gelato available during the daytime from the Polar Bar on deck 19...it is tucked away in the right hand corner, as you look from the aft end, of the Polar Aquapark and is free for YC guests. Just present your YC card, and don't take no for the first answer. Very few YC guests are aware of the Polar Bar as it is in an area they would generally not frequent, so the staff have no idea it is free for such...you may need to ask for the manager! 

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

It's also available at the Atmosphere bar, aft deck 15.

This is what I love about CC!  Thank you for that information and I will happily get my gelato on the Meraviglia!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, 8420PR said:

All the drinks in Venchi were included (coffee, milkshakes, alcoholic etc), as well as gelato.  They were also included for non-YC on drinks packages (dependant on the package price limit).

Also, when you get on a butler in the lounge will explain how everything works in the rest of the ship.  Luckily it is much simpler than people here seem to describe it.

While I'd rate our butler pretty good, we actually had two rooms and different butlers, but there wasn't any explaining.  We just tested ourselves.

Just off the Meraviglia and sailed the YC.  Booked a year ago, so before November.  

We told very sternly, NO FREE ANYTHING from Jean-Philippe.  Either the chocolate shop/dessert bar cafe or across the way at the gelato stand. (I argued we were entitled to "take away" ice cream)

Tried two times to get either gelato or at the bigger chocolate shop/cafe - a milkshake. Showed my card and explained YC with Premium Plus.

They said NO WAY.

Didn't try the order it and then get it taken off account later.

Was able to get gelato in YC restaurant, at lunch or dinner.

So, this may be their default answer to inquiries and perhaps I should have just ordered it and waited to see where it ended up.

As to the Butler situation, NOTHING was explained to us.  Two different butlers on our cruise and both were pretty useless.  Asst Butlers are great and they seem to be on the front lines(always in the hallways )   and answered  our questions. 

Edited by phissy
addition

Jean-Philippe is a franchise, and MSC simply provide them a space on the ship to operate their business under contract. It is totally outwith MSC control, and correctly chargeable. Gelato is available free to YC guests during the daytime in the Polar Bar deck 19 aft.

15 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

So, to make this less confusing...gelato is free on Seaside if staying in the YC and booked before the November 2018 cutoff date...but not free on Meraviglia as she has a chocolate shop private franchise operated gelato place.  Have I got that right?

But Meraviglia has another Ice Cream Bar in Deck 19 as hamrag posted before you did.

So... I believe that ice cream is free to YC and Non-Alc drinks package holders I believe.

Hopefully...

Edited by JP Medina

There are 2 gelato stations on Meraviglia that serve Venchi brand gelato;  this is the gelato that was always included in the old packages (and is for a charge otherwise) on all MSC ships.  

However, there is also a private franchise, Jean-Philippe Maury chocolatier (which Hamrag has referenced), with 2 venues - one either side of the Galleria;  one is a cafe inside the chocolate shop and the other serves crepes and gelato.  The menu items from this franchise were always for charge and never covered by any of the old packages, nor were they included for YC guests.

Edited by Beamafar

I saw a post last year sometime with a photo of a sign in YC on Seaside, stating that the Venchi menu items weren't included for YC guests.  Yet, there were reports after that (and there still are) of YC guests enjoying drinks in Venchi.  I believe that new addition on the drinks packages menu is to clarify the situation due to conflicting information around the issue.