Live From Pacific Aria BNE -- AKL

16 hours ago, sewgood said:

Have a wonderful cruise John.

Does the Aria have a night light strip in the cabin like the Explorer?

Enjoy the suite.

Hi no but has lights in bathroom arrea that can act as nightlight

16 hours ago, sewgood said:

Have a wonderful cruise John.

Does the Aria have a night light strip in the cabin like the Explorer?

Enjoy the suite.

Hi no but has lights in bathroom arrea that can act as nightlight

3 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Lots of experienced staff aboard for decent curries.

But are they from Goa ?

An old tradition. But ship is still british registered.  So far not bad however noticed lifeboats very dirty semi enclosed type covers are filthy need replacing. I would have to put that right if iI was ships master.

This trip is full of Kiwis many just flown to Bne so that they can cruise back joke is ship is ferry from the large offshore island.

Regards John. Sitting on balcony enjoying the ride

14 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Lots of experienced staff aboard for decent curries.

But are they from Goa ?

An old tradition. But ship is still british registered.  So far not bad however noticed lifeboats very dirty semi enclosed type covers are filthy need replacing. I would have to put that right if iI was ships master.

This trip is full of Kiwis many just flown to Bne so that they can cruise back joke is ship is ferry from the large offshore island.

13 minutes ago, VK3DQ said:

But are they from Goa ?

Possibly but there are a lot of Indonesian and such who also are dab hands at curry.

3 hours ago, VK3DQ said:

Warning!!!

The curry in the pantry is real. Enjoy.

Makes the nose run.  Coffee from machinea is drinkable.

Regards john

That is a good sign that the food is designed for the Australian taste.

1 hour ago, Kangakid said:

That balcony looks huge what stateroom are you in?  A suite?  John are you able to show some photos of your room...

thanks

As requested.

Suite 10015.

IMAG0704.jpg

IMAG0701.jpg

Short video. Below

As we all know watching the sea go bye is one of lifes great pleasures.

Steward just turned up with a plate of canapaes ..very nice. 

Suite has large bed or twins plus queen fold away in. L shape leather sofa two bucket chairs and a round glass table. There is a bar with ffidge and a coffee mschine pod type.  A dvd player and small tv lots of lights and lamps also an ipod dock a wall clock with auto adjust to ships time. Its old fashioned but nice

Typical of early 2000's. Carpet black and white is a new addition.

Behind curtain is large powder room and seperate room with wc and shower which is over spa bath. Three large wardrobes in here with another in the hallway.

Stacks of room for the viper elsie MIL and me.

On our trip on Maasdam we have two ocean views next to each other to have a similar suite on that trip adds about 10k to the price which is a bit too much.

Internet very slow nothing like the zoom we had last cruise on ovation 

There is a little movement you know you are on a ship which I enjoy.

And a few nice creaks as she moves a little in the seaway. 

Dinner tonight in the Waterfront. Not quite sure of shows tonight but good jazz band in blue room.

Thats right Gatsby party tonight.

Edited by VK3DQ

Thanks John great photos that room is very spacious.  Have to say the bath over the shower as on all HAL ships is not my preferred option, being a shorter person I can find it difficult to get the leg over, especially when there may be a bit of movement.

1 hour ago, Kangakid said:

Thanks John great photos that room is very spacious.  Have to say the bath over the shower as on all HAL ships is not my preferred option, being a shorter person I can find it difficult to get the leg over, especially when there may be a bit of movement.

Yes agree re shower over bath is not so good as one gets older.  However there are lots of grab bars. And shower is hand type canbe used whllst sitting on edge of bath

Hi John ,Thanks for the reports. You could almost have a barn dance on those balconies . Those suites are amongst the best afloat. Do they still use the Neptune Lounge for the suite guests? Under  HAL  it used to be stocked with fresh pastries and muffins each day ..

4 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Hi John ,Thanks for the reports. You could almost have a barn dance on those balconies . Those suites are amongst the best afloat. Do they still use the Neptune Lounge for the suite guests? Under  HAL  it used to be stocked with fresh pastries and muffins each day ..

I was in the front most of those suits last year. The rooms are big, but they look as though nothing has been done to them since the Ryndam was launched 25 years ago. Very dated and worn.

The balcony is likewise big, but even more shabby. The outdoor furniture looks like it was already distressed when it was picked up at a garage sale.

The fridge is a fridge.

The bathroom was also dated but entirely functional.

That said, I am not saying that the room was unacceptable, as I enjoyed the cabin and the cruise. You just need to get it for the right price and take it for what it is. If you pay for a suite on Aria and expect the same level of quality as a suite on the Majestic, you are sure to be sorely disappointed.

As for the Penthouse stateroom across the hall, it looked to be out of action for nearly the entire cruise as they had the doors open and industrial fans blowing trying to dry it out from what I assumed to be flooding.

49 minutes ago, VK3DQ said:

As we all know watching the sea go bye is one of lifes great pleasures.

I agree, binoculars are the first thing in ye olde sea bag.  I spend hours on deck or on the balcony.

16 hours ago, VK3DQ said:

Yes agree re shower over bath is not so good as one gets older.  However there are lots of grab bars. And shower is hand type canbe used whllst sitting on edge of bath

Thanks for pics young John. BTW, how is the shower pressure?