Anthem Soda Machines older cup

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Close to two weeks total. This picture was taken on September 27, 2018. Harmony of the Seas. Cup was acquired in August 2018 on Serenade of the Seas. I don't  believe Serenade has Freestyle machines. 

No sodas were stolen during this experiment.  😇

I've already been chastised on CC for posting this last year. 😉

20180927_104441.jpg

Well we'd hate to see in the news, "Unindicted Co-conspirator #2"

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Haha 2

On 4/6/2019 at 5:31 AM, travelplus said:

If you knew about the Freestyle Admn Menu for staff to load the cartridges, maintain the system you would find the RFID activation menu. At Mc Donald's for instance there is no RFID menu. 

The RFID code is basically a chip and the machine pairs it like Bluetooth in your car. If you change the password on the machine all RFID codes needs to be reactivated. All you need is a RFID chip reader and writer. Basically the Frestyle Machine writes the code. 

Heck you could even program the machine not to dispense sodas with caffeine to minors by encoding an extra number.

Ill spare you the rest but do know that Royal Caribbean and Coke can remotely access the data from the machine as its connected to the internet. I believe it can detect tampering as some vending machines have a motion sensor camera to record people trying to get a free product, remove money from the machine or tamper with it. If a cup from last year was trying to be used it records that and if the same cup with an invalid RFID chip password is used again at any other machine it can record the theft and activate the machine's camera and send your photo to ship security and Miami. It's not hard to incorporate a tampering system into this high tech machine. You could then be asked to purchase a new soda package, surrender the old cup and perhaps thrown off the ship and banned from Royal for Theft of Service per the Passenger Conduct Code. Now then was it really worth it trying to pass off an old cup for a current one? Also bar tenders are instructed to refuse to fill up an old cup at a bar as well. 

I do not condone trying to get a free product as you can be recorded not only on the ship's cameras but on the Frestyle camera as well. A silent Alarm can be programmed to summon security and alert Miami and Coke to tampering. Essentially your photo could be shared with all Freestyle machine owners as someone who is trying to get a free product or tampering with the machine just like Target does for shoplifters 

I don’t doubt the accuracy of your post.... but this is Royal Caribbean. For a company that has issue after issue with computer glitches and simple mathematics you give them way too much credit. 

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Not everything works. Punching a hole in my Seapass didnt end well. 

Let me guess, a ship with RFID doors and the seapass card wouldn't work after the hole punch?  We were told on Anthem last year that they wouldn't (or couldn't) punch a hole due to the RFID chip in the card...

6 hours ago, hallux said:

Let me guess, a ship with RFID doors and the seapass card wouldn't work after the hole punch?  We were told on Anthem last year that they wouldn't (or couldn't) punch a hole due to the RFID chip in the card...

Door worked fine, both cabin and lounge.  It would not work on the muster scanner

• 3 weeks later...

Talking about cups: the kids had the refreshments package and adults deluxe last week on Harmony . We had the “coke bottle style” mugs and the kids got big ones with a straw and carry handle. Does anyone happen to know if that is a new design being rolled out, or if it is to separate the types of drink packages?

none of us used the cups, too much hassle to carry & wash, so took them home unopened as souvenirs.

Edited by October17

25 minutes ago, October17 said:

Talking about cups: the kids had the refreshments package and adults deluxe last week on Harmony . We had the “coke bottle style” mugs and the kids got big ones with a straw and carry handle. Does anyone happen to know if that is a new design being rolled out, or if it is to separate the types of drink packages?

none of us used the cups, too much hassle to carry & wash, so took them home unopened as souvenirs.

Interesting, are they larger cups? Miss the OLD cups from 4-5yrs ago. They held more and could be used for Hot and cold drinks, also sealed tight

14 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Interesting, are they larger cups? Miss the OLD cups from 4-5yrs ago. They held more and could be used for Hot and cold drinks, also sealed tight

The one on the LEFT is an older one, middle is the one with handle that I noticed some peopl had. Can’t find a size printed on it, but it has a screw on top and ”sort of” closes with the straw threaded down as a U-shape.

image.jpg

Edited by October17
Mixed up left & right.,,

1 minute ago, October17 said:

The one on the right is an older one, middle is the one with handle that I noticed some peopl had. Can’t find a size printed on it, but it has a screw on top and ”sort of” closes with the straw threaded down as a U-shape.

image.jpg

Perfect, thanks for sharing

8 minutes ago, October17 said:

The one on the LEFT is an older one, middle is the one with handle that I noticed some peopl had. Can’t find a size printed on it, but it has a screw on top and ”sort of” closes with the straw threaded down as a U-shape.

image.jpg

So, Harmony had the two on the right?  We are sailing this weekend, just wondering which they had.  The one on the right says "Save the Waves" and "UV Sanitized", I hope that isn't a recycled cup.  I will be asking for a refund if the cups aren't new.

5 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

So, Harmony had the two on the right?  We are sailing this weekend, just wondering which they had.  The one on the right says "Save the Waves" and "UV Sanitized", I hope that isn't a recycled cup.  I will be asking for a refund if the cups aren't new.

Yes, the two on the right were on Harmony. All cups I saw were in that plastic, so I just assumed they were new, hadn’t even thought anything else 😳. I haven’t opened any of ours, so can’t tell if they would look scratched.

Edited by October17

1 minute ago, October17 said:

Yes, the two on the right were on Harmony. All cups I saw were in that plastic, so I assume they are new, hadn’t even thought anything else 😳. I haven’t opened any of ours, so can’t tell if they would look scratched.

We always get either the soda package or the refreshment package and I have never seen that overwrap on any of the cups we have received.  If that is what we get, I will be asking guest services.  If it is just packaging, fine, but I do not want a used lid!  Yuck!

5 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

We always get either the soda package or the refreshment package and I have never seen that overwrap on any of the cups we have received.  If that is what we get, I will be asking guest services.  If it is just packaging, fine, but I do not want a used lid!  Yuck!

Exactly my thoughts, and the wording on the wrapping makes me suspicious - especially with the “ocean plastics” being the topic now. No way I want a used lid, can’t get those pieces clean 😳

2 minutes ago, October17 said:

Exactly my thoughts, and the wording on the wrapping makes me suspicious - especially with the “ocean plastics” being the topic now. No way I want a used lid, can’t get those pieces clean 😳

Thanks for sharing your pictures.  We board on Sunday, I will let you know what we find out.  I didn't want one of the new style cups, but if that is the only way to guarantee a new cup, I am going with the handle cup!

• Like 1