Kathie Lee Gives 4-day Cruise

Jimnbigd

3 hours ago, Jimnbigd said:

Kathie Lee Gifford gave a 4-day Carnival cruise to everyone in the audience for her last day on Today (Friday, April 5). Must be nice.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/kathie-lee-gifford-bids-farewell-to-today-after-11-years/ar-BBVED3m?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Kathie Lee Epstein Gifford did not really give these cruises,it was the cruise line.If the thought is that she spent even a penny that is not the case.

I almost never watch morning tv but I actually saw this.  At first they just pulled one name out.  I remember thinking--"One 4 day cruise"--really not that big a deal."  But then she announced that everyone in the audience would get the same thing (cruises are for two).  I still wouldn't like going for 4 days---but.  Unless it includes air, might be hard for some people to do, as well as other expenses that happen.

Of course I realize she didn't pony up the money herself--good advertising for Carnival; she has been a spokesperson for them for many years.

Saw the show. Everyone could leave from any port, wherever they wanted. This would make it easier for most. Ports are from Boston all way down to Miami. 9 more ports on the east coast and many ports on the west coast too.

We are very experienced cruisers! Started in 1985, have way over 100 cruises, 84 on Carnival, Princess our next favorite. We have been on ships of 5 lines that no longer exist.

Last year we took 8.  But when we started, both of us working it was 1, maybe 2 a year.

We even did a 2 day- 1 day before our 7 day.  This was on our 1st cruise ship, the now dead Dolphin which was sent to India where ships are run on the beach to be scrapped. We had to get back on it after many years and have eaten with 4 different captains on the Dolphin!

We have also done back to back where you stay on the ship for the next cruise or taken one cruise, gotten off this ship and on another ship same day. Oh, we now drive, haven't flown for a long time- and it is 14 hours for us to Miami or NY.

Audience members could take a Back to back (B2B) for a longer cruise and only pay for one or, a couple with 2 tickets each could do this as each ticket was for two! 

17 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Kathie Lee Epstein Gifford did not really give these cruises,it was the cruise line.If the thought is that she spent even a penny that is not the case.

3 hours ago, Underwatr said:

Oprah didn't pay for all those cars, either.

Ya mean Ellen didn't personally pay the $1Million to her audience with the Cheerios boxes under their seats?

www.today.com/popculture/see-ellen-degeneres-shock-her-fans-biggest-audience-gift-ever-t122210

14 hours ago, Underwatr said:

Oprah didn't pay for all those cars, either.

No, but anyone who actually kept one had to pay the full gift tax on the value of the car, which depending on the $ amount typically ranges from 18% - 40%.

Edited by leaveitallbehind