Ruby Princess Cabin Question

Stikman

Hi! Do inside rooms next to the crew areas tend to be noisy? Specifically, looking at room D721 on the Ruby, which is located next to a crew area. Our travel agent indicated that it was possibly a laundry area and there could be noise through the walls or hearing laundry carts. Does anyone have any first hand knowledge? Thanks!

Don't know about that cabin but... recently sailed Ruby in C106 on the opposite end of the ship. Woke up one morning as a freight train drove through the cabin. It was LOUD!  We finally figured out it was the anchor going down as we were at Monterey and it's a tender port. It was incredibly LOUD. Once we figured out what it was we had a good laugh and went back to sleep. It was "interesting" to say the least but in no way made it a bad cruise. We only tendered in the one port but it's something we aren't likely to forget in a hurry. We just rolled with the punch. No biggie.

Just looked at the deck plan and I can see why you are wondering...

image.png.3c8adaec2d0b9c74cacc68dc71720fbf.png

The laundry should not be an issue. The ones I remember get locked at 10 PM. However that big blank spot is a question. Bring up the deck plans above and below your level to get a clue what's going on.

3 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Laundry rooms are NOT always locked at 10:00pm.

Since this cabin is not adjacent to the laundry facility it is a moot point.

I'm not referring to self-service laundry, I'm talking about the big blank crew area next door. 

I was in D736 a few weeks ago - heard nothing back there but they did use a door close to D724 to deliver and pick up luggage on first day  and last night

The area directly next to D721 was part of the laundry room. On the original ship design the laundry was twice the size with entrances from the halls on both the port and starboard sides. During a recent dry dock the starboard side was converted into a crew/staff area which I believe is a cabin. As a cabin it should protect you from any noise.