Caribbean Princess - Ernesto Burger

Jeter02

Is the Ernesto Burger offered in the main dining room the last night on the Caribbean Princess. I know they offer it on the Ruby Princess and the Regal Princess one of the Ernesto burgers every night for no extra charge. Wonder if it is offered fleetwide?

1 minute ago, Jeter02 said:

Is the Ernesto Burger offered in the main dining room the last night on the Caribbean Princess. I know they offer it on the Ruby Princess and the Regal Princess one of the Ernesto burgers every night for no extra charge. Wonder if it is offered fleetwide?

Ha!  I made the one time mistake of paying for it.

• Haha 1

On 3/17/2019 at 8:13 PM, kywildcatfanone said:

Yes

Just now, Colo Cruiser said:

Ha!  I made the one time mistake of paying for it.

I learned last year on the Ruby Princess of the free offering. And it was so excited that I didn't have to pay for it. With patience comes a prize apparently. 🙂 So I take it as a yes, that the Caribbean Princess offers it in the main dining room?

1 hour ago, Jeter02 said:

I learned last year on the Ruby Princess of the free offering. And it was so excited that I didn't have to pay for it. With patience comes a prize apparently. 🙂 So I take it as a yes, that the Caribbean Princess offers it in the main dining room?

I have seen it on the MDR in the past but did not notice it on the Regal or the CB menus when sailing them both a few months ago.

I have a personal tradition of having a burger in MDR on last night of every cruise, sort of gets me out of the ship and bak to my world. We sailed the Island Princess last September and they offered the Ernesto Burger on the last night. It was fabulous and I was shocked, (the description does not sound like something I would like). So I'm guessing it will pop in most MDRs sooner or later.

We also just disembarked from the Caribbean Princess last week, but I didn’t notice the Ernesto Burger on the last night’s menu.  I may have missed it.  I was, however, pleased to see a NY Strip Steak on the menu and it was pretty decent.

It is hidden on the bottom left side......"available every night or whatever it says" it replaces the Princess Burger on certain nights it is the last entry...that is why you would miss it....sailed on Ruby & Emerald Feb & Mar....offered in MDR.

But plenty of people were ordering it  at the Salty Dog Grill on Ruby..for $5. or $8 with a beer. Also the Salty Dog "restaurant" was always busy on Ruby with the $12 cover charge.

On my 3 sailings on Ruby since last April I've experienced many of her menu tweets, they offered an e-Burger on every formal night I order it sometimes with a lobster tail....2 weeks ago on Emerald I had it as well.

They also had these sliders/burgers at the Horizon Court that I swear are made with left over Ernesto meat.

I seldom eat red meat on Princess ships...but from the first time I tried Salty Dog with their original $19. cover...I have never had a bad Ernesto burger.

Edited by land lover

I re-read my post...the burger was not offered every formal night just on the formal night that Lobster was offered. At least that was my recent experience on Ruby & Emerald. CB no knowledge.

On a 5 day Ruby, Cabo in Feb it was offered twice. On a 15 day Hawaii in Mar. offered about 4-5 times on Emerald. Each time it was made differently, except on Emerald there was a repeat.

Also another item that is starting to make the rounds on Princess ships is onion rings....or have they always been around and I've just missed them.

Edited by land lover

This thread has made my day! :classic_biggrin: Last summer my grandson and I celebrated his graduation in the Mediterranean on the Crown Princess (great cruise!). We went to the Salty Dog Gastropub and had the Ernesto - it was fabulous! My sister and I are booked for Alaska on the Island Princess and I was disappointed that there is no Salty Dog, and I assumed no chance of getting an Ernesto. :classic_sad:  I'm almost as happy about experiencing the Ernesto again as I am seeing AK for the first time! :classic_tongue: I'll be scouring the menus everyday to see when the MDR has it.  Thank you for sharing this info!! :classic_love:

10 hours ago, ZuzusPetals said:

This thread has made my day! :classic_biggrin: Last summer my grandson and I celebrated his graduation in the Mediterranean on the Crown Princess (great cruise!). We went to the Salty Dog Gastropub and had the Ernesto - it was fabulous! My sister and I are booked for Alaska on the Island Princess and I was disappointed that there is no Salty Dog, and I assumed no chance of getting an Ernesto. :classic_sad:  I'm almost as happy about experiencing the Ernesto again as I am seeing AK for the first time! :classic_tongue: I'll be scouring the menus everyday to see when the MDR has it.  Thank you for sharing this info!! :classic_love:

I bet if you ask your waiter for it any night he will have it for you for the next night...it works with about any food if you don't see it on the menu but ask ahead of time😲

• Like 1

I had never heard of the Ernesto Burger so I had to look it up.  I showed DH a picture of it - he said "WOW that's enough for 3 people!  Does it really look like this?"  I wonder if it's served on the Star Princess.  It's enough to make you wanna book a cruise on a ship where it's served!

the-ernesto-burger-640x354.jpg

The Salty Dog Gastropub introduces the "Ernesto", a uniquely crafted rib eye burger created exclusively for Princess by burger expert Chef Uchimura.

Ingredients: Fresh ground rib eye and short rib patty, grilled pork belly, cave aged gruyere, caramelized kimchi, beer battered jalapeno, charred onion aioli, smoked salt & pepper brioche bun

Edited by elliair
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, elliair said:

I had never heard of the Ernesto Burger so I had to look it up.  I showed DH a picture of it - he said "WOW that's enough for 3 people!  Does it really look like this?"  I wonder if it's served on the Star Princess.  It's enough to make you wanna book a cruise on a ship where it's served!

the-ernesto-burger-640x354.jpg

The Salty Dog Gastropub introduces the "Ernesto", a uniquely crafted rib eye burger created exclusively for Princess by burger expert Chef Uchimura.

Ingredients: Fresh ground rib eye and short rib patty, grilled pork belly, cave aged gruyere, caramelized kimchi, beer battered jalapeno, charred onion aioli, smoked salt & pepper brioche bun

That is the burger with the 12 dollar cover charge  in Salty Dog ....the patty on the MDR burger is about half the size but plenty big with added toppings I usually only eat half. In fact on the last night of our cruise a few weeks ago I told the server I wanted it to be cut in half, I ended up with half a burger:classic_biggrin: DH and I had a good laugh. Still was enough for me. Since the MDR was close to closing I am sure one of the servers ate the other half...we had a great wait staff in Anytime dining on Emerald.

Edited by land lover
  • Like 1