Currently on the Horizon

Gettys84

After an exhausting day of relaxing and napping in the room, we worked up an appetite. Haven’t eaten in almost 4 hours so something is wrong and had to change this quick. After not going to the dining room last night we decided to play hookie from the dining room for the second time in our cruising career. 

It is nice just walking up and getting food...not having to wait for service. Not saying our service was bad the first night, but an hour dinner vs a 30 minute relaxed dinner isn’t terrible. We will be back dining room, you still have melting cake I need to order many of. 

I got a Guys burger tonight. Had to wait behind one person. Took crazy long...kidding. 

My wife got another grilled cheese from deli again. Comes with fries and looks really good. 

8C4610AF-8A32-4E04-9E4C-60132BC6BE0E.jpeg

DF64F971-7895-43B3-99A7-59E55B175504.jpeg

D6BB3170-4F37-4F9C-B221-681D66DACC64.jpeg

• Like 1

Some pictures from our cruise buddies (wife’s parents). They usually cruise with us when we go. They got off and explored Grand Turk today. Pictures are from Jack’s Shack and Margaritaville. 

2ABC6ADF-39E0-4D28-94F5-2838DCE7BB5A.jpeg

7807D649-5B4C-40FA-9FFF-CBAE443724F9.jpeg

F0E5C28A-AC03-4D6D-84B5-25A86C55F85C.jpeg

27C7B8EF-4902-413F-8943-A507E7536184.jpeg

FF51C9DA-4427-4F08-83A0-F269AC823C0D.jpeg

32249909-3129-4B28-8E4B-5515EEDEB749.jpeg

99383DD0-7CAC-4860-B5BA-44332D321AAB.jpeg

F1720F80-EAF7-48D5-AA40-716EB1ED61E0.jpeg

39BCB9F7-7460-410E-9425-9F09618974B7.jpeg

E76A64DD-8D9A-414B-B9EC-4E348C832E8D.jpeg

7711C013-8059-4F33-A003-415AC238486E.jpeg

C7CF6A32-FD97-4E48-B090-B22EA73E3A5C.jpeg

8410CF5E-EA55-4CA6-B105-DECA53B478F3.jpeg

2792E0CD-19FC-4AFA-919F-464C6CEDD1EA.jpeg

D7ECD604-C469-4D00-B120-3ED98BF7E6B5.jpeg

01091788-0971-4E0F-803F-7376578D3234.jpeg

184FA70B-486E-4C3A-A2B0-007A2EA0E026.jpeg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Gettys84 said:

Ugh. You have no idea how much I miss the funny French toast.  I am a 34 year old adult but man, I don’t know what it is about fruit loops stuck to really good French toast that is so good But I really missed it this morning. I did get the (72 hour)...I mean 12 hour French toast. It has a couple of peaches on top, and it’s the size of a quarter loaf of bread. I wanted to love it, or at least like it...nope. It’s just not good. They still have the steak and eggs which is good. No more free OJ. They are pushing the $5 drinks BIG time. We were asked by 3/4 different people if we wanted some.  No, I don’t want a tiny glass of OJ that almost costs as much as a beer. I’ll take a beer.  I’ll attach the menu for people that have not seen it. Hoping they don’t go fleet wide with this before our September Bermuda cruise on the Sunshine out of Chuck Town...only a 2 hour drive for us vs 10 hour Miami drive.  

They still have have the funny French toast on the Dr Seuss breakfast, so on Friday morning I am going to ask if they can make it for me. Hell, I would get a $5 OJ if I can get my funny French toast!

My heart is broken!!!  Thank you so much for the info.  I went to Dr. Seuss breakfast last year and it was fun and definetky worth the $5.  Can't wait to try the gelato, as well as the pasta bar.  Like you, we eat at the free places for lunch....we don't pay for dinner!  

Loving your review. Can't wait to be on the Horizon in 191 days!

• Like 2

Thank you for taking the time to post this awesome review! We are sailing on the Horizon next March and reading and looking at your videos and pictures just makes me more excited for this sailing. And by the way, I have to agree on the prices of hotels in Miami for next March, more expensive and have found that hotels are already booked up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gettys84 said:

Some pictures from our cruise buddies (wife’s parents). They usually cruise with us when we go. They got off and explored Grand Turk today. Pictures are from Jack’s Shack and Margaritaville. 

2792E0CD-19FC-4AFA-919F-464C6CEDD1EA.jpeg

184FA70B-486E-4C3A-A2B0-007A2EA0E026.jpeg

$15 for a cheeseburger & fries at Jack's Shack. 😲 Yikes! That's one thing I don't like about ports of call. Many vendors know they can jack up their prices and tourists will pay it.

Couldn't help but smile at the ladies getting ready to tackle that massive plate of nachos.

After your pictures, I'm eager to try the pasta bar. That alfredo pasta looked great. Awesome that it doesn't cost extra.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, vfb2girls said:

Thank you for taking the time to post this awesome review! We are sailing on the Horizon next March and reading and looking at your videos and pictures just makes me more excited for this sailing. And by the way, I have to agree on the prices of hotels in Miami for next March, more expensive and have found that hotels are already booked up.

If you don't mind me asking, which March sailing will you be on? We're going March 7th.

I was the one who mentioned the hotels. We've stayed at the same one in Ft. Lauderdale twice. To book it next March, it's $115 more than what we paid last year. I looked at the events Gettys84 said that might be going on at that time, but they aren't till the end of March and early April. But something must be happening because that's not your average price hike.

17 minutes ago, vfb2girls said:

You are welcome. Let us know if we can answer anything or get pictures of anything for you. Have a list of items for tomorrow! 

19 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

$15 for a cheeseburger & fries at Jack's Shack. 😲 Yikes! That's one thing I don't like about ports of call. Many vendors know they can jack up their prices and tourists will pay it.

Couldn't help but smile at the ladies getting ready to tackle that massive plate of nachos.

After your pictures, I'm eager to try the pasta bar. That alfredo pasta looked great. Awesome that it doesn't cost extra.

Our cruising buddies said the ladies were dancing and having a good old time. Those are a lot of nachos!  

Pasta bar bar is very very good. I think I will be having it for lunch again tomorrow. 

Edited by Gettys84
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

If you don't mind me asking, which March sailing will you be on? We're going March 7th.

I was the one who mentioned the hotels. We've stayed at the same one in Ft. Lauderdale twice. To book it next March, it's $115 more than what we paid last year. I looked at the events Gettys84 said that might be going on at that time, but they aren't till the end of March and early April. But something must be happening because that's not your average price hike.

We are on this same sailing! I thought perhaps it was because of Easter but it is in April next year. I’m an over planner so I like to have our hotel rooms booked as soon as our cruise is booked. I guess I will just have to keep checking the various hotel sites for something reasonable.

This is how to login or switch devices on the WiFi plan.  I have attached screen shots.  Switching from my iPhone to iPad for the night.

Currently sitting on the balcony.  Will definitely get a balcony room from now on.  

1.  First go to the hub app, select the 3 lines at the top left.

2.  Scroll down to internet packages, once you press that it will take you to a web page.

3.  If you have a plan press “I have a plan, log in”. If not press what ever plan you want to purchase.  

(You do save a lot buying before getting on the ship)

4.  Once you select login it takes you to a login screen for your Folio number on your card and birthday.  

It then asks you if you want to log in/switch devices.  Very easy!

0437ADBB-0711-45E5-B8A8-63FC46DE4E1F.png

D7CA2472-10CE-45D7-BE68-3D0F86C62D14.png

85B2460E-AF79-4B8B-A940-F44F19AD0C21.png

0920AA89-FA82-4208-86B5-A5C321696A5F.png

6A64A396-E92A-451E-AC6D-2CA201BB544C.png

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Jenjer said:

Do they have Nutella available with breakfast breads?    Nutella on a croissant = its a cruise breakfast.  Not every ship does/ has it so I can always bring it from home if they don't 

Looked everywhere this morning for Nutella. Did not find any. May want to bring your own! 

Good morning from La Romana. For some reason will not let me upload pictures this morning. Will try again later today. Slept too long to make it by ocean plaza breakfast. They were packing it up at 9:30am. We went up to lido and got some items off of the Buffett. 

23 hours ago, Tracey.kinney425 said:

blockquote widget

The italian place is free for lunch isn't it?

Lunch is free and good, but the dinner is absolutely worth paying for.  Different, more extensive menu and excellent food!  Have tried Cucina on several different ships and can't wait to try the one on the Horizon in September.  Yum yum!!

Edited by cruisin'thrulife
  • Like 2

Still can not get get pictures to upload. They get about 75 percent of the way and then it fails.  Nothing wrong with the internet so not sure what’s going on.  Will do a recap of the day later this evening after the love and marriage show!