Boarding ship as permanent resident

KAA19

Hello everyone! My husband and I have a upcoming cruise in May that leaves from the port of Miami. I’m a US citizen and my husband is a permanent resident. I was reading one of the threads and someone mentioned that there was a different line for permanent residents and non us citizens. Does anyone know the embarkation process for permanent residents? We also have faster to the fun boarding passes. If there is a separate line for him, will he be able to use fttf for at least a portion of his embarkation process?

I don’t know about the separate line, but here’s some info from Carnival about permanent resident travel documentation in case it helps. https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1401/~/travel-documentation-u.s.-permanent-residents

As far as FTTF goes, there’s one primary benefit it gives you for embarkation, and that’s priority boarding. If the two of you are arriving at the terminal before they begin boarding, or while they’re still boarding, you’ll be given priority (after groups such as wedding parties, platinum/diamond & suites). Since this comes after you have already checked in, he’ll be able to take advantage of it with you. FTTF also allows you to enter the terminal before your assigned check-in time that you chose online, if need be. Even if he does have a separate line, and the two of you arrive before your chosen check-in time, he can take advantage of that too. The rest of the benefits of FTTF are while you’re on the cruise.

Hi

Welcome to cruise critic.

There are no separate lines in the embarkation process for non-residents. You just need to have proper documentation to be allowed on the cruise. This information is found on the Carnival web site.

If you purchase FTTF then you are purchasing a "product" that does allow you some shorter wait times and different lines at security and check-in. The one benefit is this streamlined check-in process, with the ability to check-in when you arrive as opposed to being required to arrive after a designated check-in time. You also are guaranteed that your cabin will be ready for you to enter when you board (otherwise all cabins are ready at 1:30p.m.). You get priority tendering, if one of your stops is a tender port. You also have priority line at the guest services. 

hope this helps 

have a great cruise

My wife and I are neither US citizens or permanent residents

OR green card holders.

We are outright ALIENS, complete with weird eyes and bigger heads
and as such we join the check-in line along with the rest of humanity

and have had zero problems boarding at Manhattan (see photo)

I suspect you've been "fed a line"?

DSCN2095.JPG

When disembarking in Tampa at the end of the cruise last year, I saw there was a different line for customs for non-US citizens. That may have been what they were talking about.

Edited by schazzy

Just now, schazzy said:

When disembarking in Tampa at the end of the cruise,

there was a different line for customs for non-US citizens. 

As is the case in nearly every other country.
Citizens in one line for Immigration/Passport Control
and The Other Line for non-citizens.

Customs/baggage inspection has no such separation

other than a Green Line and a Red Line

where you take yer chances with yer contraband - lol

1 hour ago, Aplmac said:

My wife and I are neither US citizens or permanent residents

OR green card holders.

We are outright ALIENS, complete with weird eyes and bigger heads
and as such we join the check-in line along with the rest of humanity

and have had zero problems boarding at Manhattan (see photo)

I suspect you've been "fed a line"?

DSCN2095.JPG

I think I saw you once in line, not to worry op, all Aliens are en vogue, enjoy your cruise.    

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, schazzy said:

When disembarking in Tampa at the end of the cruise last year, I saw there was a different line for customs for non-US citizens. That may have been what they were talking about.

Indeed, my first cruise with Carnival was back before I got US citizenship, and I cruised as a Green Card holder.  We used a separate line for immigration control after debarking.  

For my most recent cruises I don't recall seeing separate lines, but I will try to remember to observe next time (6 weeks away, baby!).  We have always cruised out of Canaveral.

3 hours ago, redcoats1976 said:

you bet.no cooking,cleaning,laundry,car maintenance,or in laws ,whats not to like?i could do it pretty easily ,at least for a year or so.

No way on earth, we have a life, and 2 weeks of their food is enough. Living in 185 sq ' is not an attractive proposition. We like going to movies, plays, concerts, golf, racket ball, and you know normal things we do everyday. 

• Like 1