Yes or No!

thesmiths

Turn 60 in September.

Been thinking of doing something, had it narrowed down to heading to the Keys for the week.

So

Online over the weekend looking at what sailings were local, Baltimore or New York.

saw an 8 day out of New York on the Sunrise.

Grand Turk, San Juan Amber Cove.

Would put me in Grand Turk on my 60th.

Called my PVP thinking she would not be in on Saturday, she picked up the phone, caught me off guard so I booked it with a hold until today:-)

Aft Wrap 6461

So Do I go? Yes or no?

First to 10 decides.

Edited by thesmiths
  • Like 1

I'll be the minority: No. 

Pick a sailing out of Baltimore instead.  Easier and cheaper drive to port from Delmarva (more tolls on the way to and higher parking fee in NY).  Also, Pride is a more appealing ship than Sunrise (to me).  An Aft Wrap is a great cabin, though.  Good choice!  Either way, have a very Happy Birthday!

Disclaimer: Obviously these are my opinions and you may be of the completely opposite point of view.

Edited by ShakyBeef
cheaper parking
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ShakyBeef said:

I'll be the minority: No. 

Pick a sailing out of Baltimore instead.  Easier and cheaper drive to port from Delmarva (more tolls on the way to and higher parking fee in NY).  Also, Pride is a more appealing ship than Sunrise (to me).  An Aft Wrap is a great cabin, though.  Good choice!  Either way, have a very Happy Birthday!

Disclaimer: Obviously these are my opinions and you may be of the completely opposite point of view.

Thank you !

I just looked, for a 7 day from Baltimore, A Grand Suite is $100.00 more then the 8 day Aft Wrap from New York

Grand Turk, Half Moon And Freeport are the ports.

My Birthday falls on the last day, sea day.

Oh boy...Decision Time...Thanks Shakybeef 🙂

7 minutes ago, ShakyBeef said:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, thesmiths said:

Thank you !

I just looked, for a 7 day from Baltimore, A Grand Suite is $100.00 more then the 8 day Aft Wrap from New York

Grand Turk, Half Moon And Freeport are the ports.

Oh boy...Decision Time...Thanks Shakybeef 🙂

Is there a Vista Suite (Aft Wrap) still available on the Pride sailing?  I love the VS and the OS on Pride.  But VS is by far better!  Never done the GS on Pride, though.

If you're driving, keep in mind: parking at Manhattan Terminal is $40 a day for cars; and Baltimore is $15 a day (last I checked).  That's $200 extra, just to park in NYC.  Not to mention the gas and tolls...  But if you're not driving, then ignore all this.:classic_biggrin:

2 hours ago, thesmiths said:

Turn 60 in September.

8 day out of New York on the Sunrise.

Grand Turk, San Juan, Amber Cove.

Would put me in Grand Turk on my 60th.

1 hour ago, thesmiths said:

7 day from Baltimore

Grand Turk, Half Moon, 😝Freeport😝

Definitely the 8 day on Sunrise... 

✌️

Edited by ObstructedView2

Love Key West, but I would pick the 8 day cruise, and Triumph has been our least favorite ship (just my opinion--others love her..  Part of it was sailing out of Galveston.  I'm allergic to country music--it makes my ears bleed 😖)  We still had a great cruise.   No time like the present to get started on your new addiction 🙂

2 hours ago, thesmiths said:

Will check with my PVP when she gets in, I don't see any online.

Yes we will be driving. Thank you !

1 Hour drive down 301 sounds real nice...

Oh boy!

If its only an hour drive, I personally would have someone drop me off or take an Uber, Lift or Taxi. The amount you would save on parking alone would make up for it and they can drop you off at the terminal and you can drop off your luggage and be on your way.

I think the majority of us are going to say yes because it's a cruise, and we love them! You are going to have a great time with whatever you choose. There are infinite factors you could consider, but in the end, it comes down to what is important to you. Ship, itinerary, convenience, price, room, etc. Driving to New York may seem economical, but by the time you pay all of the tolls and fees, I've gotten flights for two previously, equal to the price of going to New York by car.

Sailing out of NY is a great experieince passing by the Statue of Liberty and 8 days is a great cruise length because we always want 1 more night.  I do love the Pride but pretty sure you should choose 8 days and the experieince.  Can you take a train to NY?