Celebrity evening attire - teenage boys

sydbarrett

Just wondering what is appropriate for evening attire for a teenage boy on Celebrity? Could he get away with khakis, clean sneakers, polo, and a zip up hoodie? He is someone who prefers to be in jogging pants 24/7 so I'm hoping he can be somewhat comfortable but also not feel under-dressed.  Not too worried about MDR (we will probably eat at the buffet) but we will definitely be going to shows and in lounges. Thanks!

16 minutes ago, agibeault said:

Just wondering what is appropriate for evening attire for a teenage boy on Celebrity? Could he get away with khakis, clean sneakers, polo, and a zip up hoodie? He is someone who prefers to be in jogging pants 24/7 so I'm hoping he can be somewhat comfortable but also not feel under-dressed.  Not too worried about MDR (we will probably eat at the buffet) but we will definitely be going to shows and in lounges. Thanks!

No evening restrictions on the ship, that went out about ten years ago. Only real restriction is no shorts in the restaurants except the Buffet.

1 hour ago, agibeault said:

The evening attire you mention is absolutely appropriate for the MDR. I usually have my son wear Docker style pants and a polo and on evening chic nights Docker pants and a button down shirt a tie and jacket is not necessary. I have seen many people in polo shirts the entire time. You will be fine. Have a great cruise! Happy planning

• Like 1

It has already been said -- Celebrity did away with the dress up (formal) nights.  Really, a neat & clean-cut appearance is all that is needed to be completely within their standards and completely comfortable.   If you read Celebrity's suggested dress standards for the "chic" nights, even designer jeans are OK.  Since I don't know if my jeans are "designers", I opted for chinos or slacks.   haha

Enjoy.  

3 hours ago, ldubs said:

It has already been said -- Celebrity did away with the dress up (formal) nights.  Really, a neat & clean-cut appearance is all that is needed to be completely within their standards and completely comfortable.   If you read Celebrity's suggested dress standards for the "chic" nights, even designer jeans are OK.  Since I don't know if my jeans are "designers", I opted for chinos or slacks.   haha

Enjoy.  

Haha - the "designer" jeans threw me off too so I'm not bringing any for myself, and my son hates wearing jeans so I don't have to run out to Versace for him 🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, navybankerteacher said:

Khakis and a polo should be fine - perhaps a hoodie, but please —- not with the hood on his head.

Come on now, let the youngsters have their moment of rebellion.  😀😀   For me, I just chuckle and move on.   

21 hours ago, agibeault said:

same as everyone out of diapers.   polo shirts and a pair of Dockers/Khakis.  the hoodie is overkill.    toss in a tie for Formal nights

4 hours ago, agibeault said:

Haha - the "designer" jeans threw me off too so I'm not bringing any for myself, and my son hates wearing jeans so I don't have to run out to Versace for him 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I don’t bring jeans on cruises in warm climates but did wear my designer LeKirkland jeans in Alaska.😀😀😀

18 minutes ago, spookwife said:

same as everyone out of diapers.   polo shirts and a pair of Dockers/Khakis.  the hoodie is overkill.    toss in a tie for Formal nights

Celebrity does not have formal nights.  No need for a neck tie.  

1 hour ago, ldubs said:

Come on now, let the youngsters have their moment of rebellion.  😀😀   For me, I just chuckle and move on.   

A parent might see traveling with a teen as a chance to practice being with people - rather than just hanging out with buddies.

30 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

A parent might see traveling with a teen as a chance to practice being with people - rather than just hanging out with buddies.

Yeah, I guess so.   

Maybe I will get him a cardigan  or a light jacket instead. Just thinking of warmth on breezy nights without buying something he really won't wear again. I always like to dress up a little in the evenings but he prefers more casual (he would wear PJs 24/7 if he was allowed lol). He will only be 14 so still kind of a kid, but I do want him to blend in with the adults somewhat. It was his idea to go on a more "adult" ship afterall 🙂 

So sneakers are ok? They don't mention it on their website.

40 minutes ago, agibeault said:

Maybe I will get him a cardigan  or a light jacket instead. Just thinking of warmth on breezy nights without buying something he really won't wear again. I always like to dress up a little in the evenings but he prefers more casual (he would wear PJs 24/7 if he was allowed lol). He will only be 14 so still kind of a kid, but I do want him to blend in with the adults somewhat. It was his idea to go on a more "adult" ship afterall 🙂 

Interesting that he is the one who wanted the more adult experience.  You could point out to him that how people dress for dinner is part of that adult experience.  You never know, maybe his desire for a more adult cruise is a way of him expressing his self-awareness that he is BECOMING an adult, and he understands that and embraces it.  Maybe that could be encouraged by having HIM decide what to wear - maybe have him read this thread for background info.  I'd bet he would make a good decision.

16 hours ago, agibeault said:

Yes, sneakers will be fine.   Neat & tidy.  

Shorts are not allowed in MDR for dinner.  

• Like 1