RCI not prebooking shows now?!?!

We went on a few RCI cruises in the past couple years on Allure and always prebooked our shows so I could plan excursions and dinner times around show times. We're cruising again on Oasis in July and I've been waiting for them to release the shows and they haven't so I just called and found out that in March RCI no longer lets you prebook your shows. I'm so frustrated about that. We're a large group in 4 rooms and that's the last thing I want to do when I get on the ship is stand in some long line to set up our reservations... Any one else frustrated with this or is it just me.

4 minutes ago, LipstickLeslie said:

We went on a few RCI cruises in the past couple years on Allure and always prebooked our shows so I could plan excursions and dinner times around show times. We're cruising again on Oasis in July and I've been waiting for them to release the shows and they haven't so I just called and found out that in March RCI no longer lets you prebook your shows. I'm so frustrated about that. We're a large group in 4 rooms and that's the last thing I want to do when I get on the ship is stand in some long line to set up our reservations... Any one else frustrated with this or is it just me.

My friends are sailing on the Harmony in June and they just booked their shows last night.

Are you past the 90 days mark?  On our last Oasis cruise show bookings did not open up until almost 60 days from sailing....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LipstickLeslie said:

Not uncommon for reps to give out incorrect information.  I have clients sailing on Oasis in May and was able to prebook their shows.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

20 minutes ago, Coralc said:

I don't actually believe what you were told. 

I believe the RC reps gave them incorrect info.

I think the reps must be paid by the numbers of answers they give (irrespective of accuracy), and if they say "I don't know", they are probably docked.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Thanks everyone! She said as of March 21st they changed it, but I'll keep my fingers crossed that she is wrong!!! We are 88 days out from our cruise. I can't seem to even find what shows are on Oasis. Mind you I've been so busy trying to get everything else in place since it's my first trip to Europe and I'm coordinating for 9 people before and after cruise stuff. Does anyone know are the shows similar to Allure? We did Allure 2x in 2017 (won a free cruise on our first cruise) and I'm really hoping they have something different.

20 minutes ago, Super Curly said:

We are cruising on Freedom of the Seas May 12 and there are no shows listed to sign up for. Should I be calling my travel agent or the RCC rep? I would really like to reserve ahead.

Freedom has no pre-cruise show reservations.

Only Oasis and Quantum class ships offer pre-cruise show reservations.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Thank you. I will stop checking. Do you still need to make reservations once you get on the ship, or is it first come first served?

9 minutes ago, Super Curly said:

Thank you. I will stop checking. Do you still need to make reservations once you get on the ship, or is it first come first served?

All shows (except possibly the ice show) are first come, first served.

If there is some sort of admission control on the ice show, you will be notified on board.

First come first served.   Get there 30 min before the show and you can sit almost anywhere.   Then you can have a drink and enjoy watching people trying to save 12 seats!

Edited by fdthird
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, LipstickLeslie said:

Thanks everyone! She said as of March 21st they changed it, but I'll keep my fingers crossed that she is wrong!!! We are 88 days out from our cruise. I can't seem to even find what shows are on Oasis. Mind you I've been so busy trying to get everything else in place since it's my first trip to Europe and I'm coordinating for 9 people before and after cruise stuff. Does anyone know are the shows similar to Allure? We did Allure 2x in 2017 (won a free cruise on our first cruise) and I'm really hoping they have something different.

Our last cruise on Symphony the reservations opened about 45 days before sail date. 

15 hours ago, LipstickLeslie said:

I'm sailing July on Allure.  I was told today they will have them out soon.  the window is 60-90.

1 hour ago, Super Curly said:

If you are diamond plus or pinnacle, or staying in a suite or purchased the key there is a section in studio B reserved for the ice shows. Also in the Arcadia theater for all shows in there. The ice show (studio B) repeats another evening later in the cruise if you miss it the first time. No reserved seating in studio B for the "Crazy Quest" in studio B. 

Edited by davekathy

3 hours ago, LipstickLeslie said:

They'll be different shows but yours won't likely open until later, I expect the inaccurate response you got may have been because you're on Oasis and there probably is a lot of confusion on that given the recent sailings they had to cancel due to the shipyard incident and not knowing full status of the Aqua Theater 🙂

18 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

They'll be different shows but yours won't likely open until later, I expect the inaccurate response you got may have been because you're on Oasis and there probably is a lot of confusion on that given the recent sailings they had to cancel due to the shipyard incident and not knowing full status of the Aqua Theater 🙂

What?  I haven’t been paying attention I didn’t realize that the oasis had an incident. Is there anywhere I can read about it? Thanks for all your tips!

4 minutes ago, LipstickLeslie said:

What?  I haven’t been paying attention I didn’t realize that the oasis had an incident. Is there anywhere I can read about it? Thanks for all your tips!

Do NOT stress out, I expect it will all be fine by your sailing! But as was linked above, it had an incident when it was in for a short adjustment and they had to cancel 3 sailings to ensure they could get her to a shipyard and complete the additional repairs needed.  They have already gone above and beyond for passengers on those sailings and I know if anything needs adjusting going forward they'll go the extra mile! 🙂

3 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

We sail on Ovation next month and only show pixels. Is this normal .

45 minutes ago, coops said:

We sail on Ovation next month and only show pixels. Is this normal .

Could be, I know Ovation is a bit different than the other Quantum class ships.