Theme nights.

amajaa

NCL has white night on their cruise line.  I have been on two Princess cruises and once they had shark week;  the entire ship had shark themes; the walls of elevators had pictures of sharks when you walked in.  That is the only time I saw a theme on my two cruises

Edited by AF-1

4 hours ago, amajaa said:

What sort of theme nights do you normally get on a two week cruise?  From watching the Cruise on telly I assume perhaps a white night. Do they have tropical nights or a black and white night?

In tropical weather, like the Caribbean, Mexico, Hawaii, Princess normally has a deck party. It is common to see passengers in island shirts, mainly because it's their normal dress for the cruise. They also have a few 90 minute indoor theme parties in their inventory, C&W, 70's, 50's/60's Rock & Roll. They rotate these. You may see one or two on your voyage. Almost no passengers dress in costume for these events. You will probably see a late night balloon drop party in the central atrium, Piazza. No B&W night on Princess.

Pack your normal clothing and you will be fine.

15 hours ago, partybarbie said:

This may be of interest to you.  https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/onboard-experience/activities/festivals-of-the-world/  On our Mexico cruises, we have enjoyed participating in the Day of the Dead festivals.  

Recently I was reading a cruise review and Princess was having Day of the Dead celebrations. The only trouble was that it was nowhere near the proper day. Not even the proper month. It was about 6 months from the proper time. Weird.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Thrak said:

Recently I was reading a cruise review and Princess was having Day of the Dead celebrations. The only trouble was that it was nowhere near the proper day. Not even the proper month. It was about 6 months from the proper time. Weird.

That's correct.  I believe it's meant to be more of a "cultural sharing" of the traditions in other countries.  It's held on all the Mexico cruises, just not on November 1st. 😉

9 hours ago, Thrak said:

Hate to say it, but my experience with Princess nightlife has been that on most nights it is a tribute to Day of the Dead.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RMMariner said:

Hate to say it, but my experience with Princess nightlife has been that on most nights it is a tribute to Day of the Dead.

After 10:00 PM it's pretty quiet. At Midnight it's a ghost town. - nothing but a few guys with vacuums strapped to their backs.