Tub? Or Shower?

Redtravel

We have sailed on Azamara and Oceania R ships many times.  We usually book a veranda. We were initially surprised at the tiny shower. However, we managed. Now we just laugh about and make Superman jokes. It does the job. Until we read the posts about the showers only in some suites, we avoided booking suites. My spouse has problem using a tub shower combo. Lifting leg to get in is tough. Prefer a walk-in shower. Is there any way to list suites that have just showers?  

19 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

We have sailed on Azamara and Oceania R ships many times.  We usually book a veranda. We were initially surprised at the tiny shower. However, we managed. Now we just laugh about and make Superman jokes. It does the job. Until we read the posts about the showers only in some suites, we avoided booking suites. My spouse has problem using a tub shower combo. Lifting leg to get in is tough. Prefer a walk-in shower. Is there any way to list suites that have just showers?  

N1 starboard and N2 port suites have showers.  Book early as walk-in showers go first.  Few people take baths anymore and the tubs are difficult to climb in and (especially) out of as the bottom of the tub is several inches above the bathroom floor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marinaro44 said:

N1 starboard and N2 port suites have showers.  Book early as walk-in showers go first.  Few people take baths anymore and the tubs are difficult to climb in and (especially) out of as the bottom of the tub is several inches above the bathroom floor.

Totally agree.  Initially it was going to be showers only during the reimagination and then there was uproar, so they went 50/50 between shower and shower inside a tub.  I am sure they wish they had gone 75/25 in favour of showers.  Tub rooms are an absolute no no for us for exactly the reasons stated, because of a spine issue sadly I have reached the stage that tough has moved to impossible even without the movement of the ship.  Its the drop that is the killer.

Edited by uktog
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, mrbluesea said:

Love the baths rather than a shower, in particular as they are deep. As long as you know what you are getting there should not be an issue. 

The issue, as should be clear from this thread, is not being to get a walk-in shower as there are not nearly enough.

Edited by marinaro44
  • Like 1

“Tub or shower” isn’t a choice a passenger booking a suite on a premium cruise line should ever have to make.  Most of Azamara’s competitors’ bathrooms have both, as ought to be the case in this (price) segment. 

I for one love the tubs, but understand people with problems lifting a leg.

i have broken many bones and have learned the technique of sitting on edge and swinging my legs in, works well.

That’s what I do as well, sit on the side of the tub and move my legs in.  To have both a tub and a shower, you need to book a higher level suite.   The Club continent suites are actually just larger staterooms.   They don’t have a separate bedroom, only one TV visible only from the bed.    We had a shower in our last one.   There were only two chairs and a table in the sitting area by the balcony, on the balcony we had three chairs (no lounge chair) and another table.    It was a nice room but not one you could actually call a “suite”.

25 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

That’s what I do as well, sit on the side of the tub and move my legs in.  To have both a tub and a shower, you need to book a higher level suite.   The Club continent suites are actually just larger staterooms.   They don’t have a separate bedroom, only one TV visible only from the bed.    We had a shower in our last one.   There were only two chairs and a table in the sitting area by the balcony, on the balcony we had three chairs (no lounge chair) and another table.    It was a nice room but not one you could actually call a “suite”.

Yawn.  Seabourn, Regent, Silversea, etc., all call their single-room staterooms "suites."

And there's no tub in Pursuit's corner two-room suites, but two sinks and two commodes.

On 4/15/2019 at 5:00 AM, marinaro44 said:

Yawn. 

You must be tired?

No need to be rude.  The comment was spot on, Club Continent Suites aren’t suites, just as Seabourn / Silversea Oceanview or Balcony Suites aren’t suites (and so on), although ironically they are much nicer than Azamara’s Club Continent suites with (let’s get back to topic) a tub AND a separate shower, as well as a double sink. 

Floris 

21 minutes ago, florisdekort said:

You must be tired?

No need to be rude.  The comment was spot on, Club Continent Suites aren’t suites, just as Seabourn / Silversea Oceanview or Balcony Suites aren’t suites (and so on), although ironically they are much nicer than Azamara’s Club Continent suites with (let’s get back to topic) a tub AND a separate shower, as well as a double sink. 

Floris 

My point, Floris, is that it is common practice in the high-end cruise industry to refer to one-room accommodations as suites, even though literally they are not.  Enjoy your baths.

Edited by marinaro44

8 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

They may call their regular staterooms suites, I don’t!   A suite will always be a separate bedroom with a door.   This is why I don’t consider the Club Continent Suite an actual suite.    They are just larger staterooms.

It is what it is. Call them what you like. Azamara calls them suites and they come with butlers, bar set up, free specialty dining, additional internet minutes over standard and free access to the Spa Deck. Oh and a gold coloured key card if that is your thing.

I've stayed in all sorts of different cabins on the ship including a number of times in standard size cabins (and a few times in the big ones).  Bottom line, the Club Continent Suites are nice spaces. With or without a tub.  

Phil 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am cruising on the Quest in November and have reserved a Club Continent Suite with the walk in shower. It is easy to make that request and they know specifically which cabins are which. I cannot get  and out of a tub shower. My travel agent knew which suites had which.